PDA

View Full Version : Elka Shock Question

Narly R
02-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Well my compression is turned all the way up all around, and I need more, and I need less re-bound in the rear and its turned all the way down. I am not sure what the deal is... What companies are good to have these shocks re-vaulved at? And how long do they take? I have Elka quad-rates with high-low comp. adj. SSD. They are on a yfz, with houser +2 long travel arms. Maybe I could have just somehow ended up with the wrong shocks? Any ideas or thoughts?

Carl_YFZ
02-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Well if your comp is all the way in then you need to let some off cause with the compression all the way it will seem as you have too much rebound. But it is the comp that is too high. You need to find the sweet spot between the comp and rebound. Go all the way to the softest on both then go about 8-10 clicks on the black knob(hi) and 16-18 on the gold knob(lo) and the rebound at 17-18 clicks. Then work your way toward the sweet spot using the same whoop section each time you adjust something.

A good serie of whoops with a good jump after is best. Go round the same whoops and jump each time you make changes to the comp and rebound adjusters. Maybe a complete day of fidling with your adjusters is what you need, not a revalve. If you need more help on setting your shocks man let me know.

peace out.

Narly R
02-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Okay, thanks for the info. The front doesnt feel like it has too much rebound but the rear does. But I will try that and see how it works. Thanks.