PDA

View Full Version : oil in magneto side

xtrememxrider
07-13-2002, 09:11 PM
ive had my engine apart for some time now getting my 440 kit, only reason im even getting it is cause my top end was knocking and im getting it checked out, well i thought it was just my valves. Cause i havent rode it for a while cause i got hurt raceing but when i went to start it it wouldent start i kept trying till my batery went dead, then i bumped it and when it started it was knocking bad so thats when i decided to get the big bore kit and valves checked out well today i took off the side cases for the first time so i could order new clutches and paint the cases. like i said its been sitting around with out any oil in it except for a little that came out when i took off the clutch cover. well when i took off the magneto cover it also had oil in it well my question is is it supposed to for my experience on working with engine its not supposed to, but im just wondering it thes engines are different. Im guessing that i have a bad seal but when looking at the clutch side it looks as if some thing chewed up the case a little. if anyone could help me i would really appriciate it. thank you verry much

xtrememxrider
07-14-2002, 02:30 PM
come on some one gots to know

xtrememxrider
07-15-2002, 08:11 PM
bump

Pro400EXC
07-16-2002, 12:39 AM
Yes,oil is supposed to be in there,cause its a 4stroke,and it has a "wet" magnetro,where's a 2smoke has a "dry" magneto.

So therefore,there is no problem at all with oil being in there beacause.....its supposed to be, but you could make it ewven faster by shuvving wood chips in there,man i got like 30mph outta it,hehe j/k

xtrememxrider
07-16-2002, 11:19 AM
thank you, im use to working on 2 strokes, these are different, i thought i was going to be paying out my ***** to fix it