PDA

View Full Version : HMF Bill Balance Full System ???

HondaRacing23
02-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Im getting an O4 450R for $3500. It has A lonestar swing arm durablue axel lonestar +2 a-arms and stock exhaust. I want to get the Full HMF Bill Balance system Pro Series Aluminum for it. Is that a good pipe for the bike for hare scrambles.? I had a $10,000 invested 426EX that got stolen that had a sport series HMF full system on it and i loved it. Just wondering about this one on the R. If thats not a good pipe would would be. Thanks

jrofrommaine
02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
wait for the natalie series exhaust by hmf. suppose to be very nice

Dragon_Slayer
02-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi, names Jon, anyway my friend Denny, owns Hammer Racing, has an '05 trx450r and we tried a number of different exhaust on the quad as well as a trick ignition from the 2-stroke side of racing and the thing moves. We got the best results with the LRD setup and the ALBA setup. Personally for the customer support I'd go with ALBA!!! Denny races supercross A-class and wins period. Me I'm usually a B-class guy sometimes an A-class and wins sometimes. Anyway he raced at Evansville most of the time last year but this year he will run district-6! Check him out!!!
Before he got out of the racing I believe he was ranked 3 in the pro 250r class!! Well I hoped that helped, PM me if you want anymore info!!:devil:

HondaRacing23
02-07-2006, 07:50 PM
It helped out a little but im racing hare scrambles not supercross. I heard the pipe gives a lot of tourq on bottom end which ill need for climbing hills but i dont want to loose my speed either. Will i have both top and bottom end with this pipe. I know its going to be better then stock but ow much better is it the nother pipe.

Dragon_Slayer
02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
The ALBA system on my quad is very good it provides a good bottom and a nice top I do tend to hit the Big Guns rev box alot in every gear including fifth. Running in the strip mines as few times as I have the ALBA was great!! I have only been out with Denny on his 450r a few times other than on the track and his didn't seem to lack power anywhere!!!! Nobody, including me could touch him!!!! Thats including one monster of a raptor!!! The best way to find out about ALBa exhaust is to check out Wayne Matlock's Baja1000 race on the 450r ALBA/HONDA ride!! He won!!
Like I said the LRD system worked great on denny's so I would probly call the different places and ask to see the dyno results on a stock 450r with the exhaust and compare them together. Of course that wont tell you how the quad will run when everything is put together!!!! Hope that wasn't to much but you asked.......

HondaRacing23
02-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for your input man. I appriate it... Ill check out some dynos and go from there

HondaRacing23
02-07-2006, 08:14 PM
I can get the HMF system for $430 at the honda shop i work at. C&D racing wants $450 for it so i think im getting a deal. the LRD seems to be over $500 witch isnt going to work out with the buget i have. i totaly unertstand what you are saying about the LRD but im hoping to get the same with the HMF..

Dragon_Slayer
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I can totally feel that. I workin' for a honda dealership to we will be dealing with ALB and I'm working on Lrd. I'm going to be heading up the performance div. for a big dealership, we sponser about 25 riders 1 maybe 2 full rides!!!! Anyway lookin' at my Prices I could probly get an Alba pipe anywhere 'round well hey I'll pm you that info don't want to get myself into trouble with rules you know!!! Just don't by a pipe yet:D !!!

400exrider707
02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
My buddies LRD slipon is junk! The thing has not stopped falling apart, and the LRD label on the back lost all of its color after the first wash. JUNK! I like the HMF, but the ballance is quite obnoxiously loud. My other friend has one on his Z and it hits the caliper a lot, but other than that its good quality.