PDA

View Full Version : My 06 TRX450R WITH KICK IS IN!

E.POWERSPORTS
02-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, it just made it in and it's still in the crate but it finally arrived:) I will take some picks when I set it up. I have the Rossier full exhaust on the way and WEB cam 943.

E.POWERSPORTS
02-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone have a good alternative for the air connecting tube plug in the '06 HRC kit?

desratt
02-07-2006, 05:39 PM
What???? the????? what??????

where do you live .
I called my dealer last week and they said april or may . and I am the first on the list . put down a deposit the day honda released them to the press.

E.POWERSPORTS
02-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I think we are getting another in this week or next also but I will have to see. These will be tough to get it sounds like.

Jonas
02-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by desratt

where do you live .
I called my dealer last week and they said april or may . and I am the first on the list . put down a deposit the day honda released them to the press.

If we get another one in, I'll drop it off at the Oregon Dunes for ya. That's about half way in between right??

Jonas/E.powersports

ATV403
02-08-2006, 02:01 PM
A 3/4" cap for schedule 40 pvc plastic pipe fits well. Its available at most hardware stores.

E.POWERSPORTS
02-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Sweet, I'll try that. Thanks 403!

Shawn H
02-09-2006, 09:17 AM
My Kicker is in too I pick it up Tomorrow:macho

desratt
02-09-2006, 05:54 PM
e. powersports
you may have an idea... if my dealer doesn't give me a better answer soon....

fastrider450r
02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
anyone got any pics of the 06 kicker yet???

Shawn H
02-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Pick mine up in 2hrs I will post pics when I get home!!!

laeger2fiddyr
02-10-2006, 08:26 PM
sweet, i just picked my 06 kicker up on thurs. night and there was another one ready to be put together there. the local dealer is getting two more in sometime in march, my buddy is getting his in march. mine is in the process of getting ripped down for the 06 mx season! i cant wait to get it together.

fastrider450r
02-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by fastrider450r
anyone got any pics of the 06 kicker yet???

Shawn H
02-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Here I posted some on another thread too.

Shawn H
02-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Another

fastrider450r
02-11-2006, 11:58 AM
very nice

E.POWERSPORTS
02-11-2006, 04:17 PM
We did get an extra black 06 kicker in that is unaccounted for.

desratt
02-11-2006, 05:06 PM
if my d4mn dealer don't get back to me on monday..maybe I should just give you a deposit now.

E.POWERSPORTS
02-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I'll just have to tell the wife that "I have to go down to the Oregon Dunes to deliver a quad. It's a work thing hun. I'll be gone for a few days for testing with the customer:D"

desratt
02-11-2006, 05:55 PM
I just tried to call my dealer and they are closed already. yea i'll just have to tell the wife . I'm going to the oregon dunes , then come back with another quad.

jakes699
02-15-2006, 09:13 AM
anyone kno if any in pa yet and how much they r costing?

Jonas
02-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Well, I finally had a chance to take out my new 06 450r kicker going from an 05 450r w/HRC. Me and a buddy went to the dunes. His is a 06 ER w/HRC and mine I put a Full Rossier exhaust and WEB cam on it with other HRC mods as close as I could replicate them. First, I had to go out and check out the power. We went out to the drag hill and dragged about ten times trading riders back and forth. The hill started with about a 150ft flat and then about 300ft of hill climb. The whole strip was smooth with no whoops so skill didn't play as big a part (I am far from a great rider.) As we were dragging up the hill, many others joined us so we traded off and one of us started everyone and the other dragged. At it's peak, there were about ten YFZ450's, another ten banshee's, 04-05 450r's, and we also raced a LTR. Anyway, it's sure fun to shoot off the starting line and not see another rider until you turn around to go back down the hill. A majority of the bikes were at least piped. About half of the banshee's were extended out quite a bit as well. The only quad out of about 25 that were lining up and racing during the time we were there that could consistantly beat me was an extended and obviously heavily modded banshee. That one I would pull off the line he would catch up and pass and as we went up the hill I stayed pretty even with him (I never happened to see him out on the tight trails though.) This 06 pulls alot harder than my '05. It made easy work of any four stroke that was there and all but one two stroke. I would have to say that, as far as power, the LTR with air box lid off and baffle out w/ cherry bomb has about the same power as a 06 TRX450 stock give or take a touch. If you are wondering about going from your 04-05 to a '06. One guy that was very persistant to race me was a fairly well modded 04 450r. He said he was 190 pounds and I am about 195. He seemed to be a pretty good rider and stayed in control of his bike when racing. My '06 took him on average of about five or six bike lengths on this hill, irregardless of whether I got a poor start or not. If you are wondering, like I did, if a full exhuast would add much power over the HRC kit it definately does. At least my pipe does. I could easily beat my buddy on his 06 ER w/HRC by about three or four quad lengths or so. Another kid there had a 06 ER w/HRC and he was about 140 pounds and I could take him every time with my mods and weight. I don't think the HRC is a waste in my opinion, because my full system and cam cost more and also you can keep your warrantee for six months with the HRC. After that, I think a full pipe is in order. Anyway, The LTR I would have to guess had about seven or so less horse than mine as it was. This 06 450r quad pulls very hard as it stands now and it's nice to know that I have many more mods I can do to make it better. As far as power, I am very happy with it. It seems to handle similar to my 05. Through the whoops, the rear shock seems to do a better job and I can't honestly say that it bounced me around at all like my 05 did sometimes. I loved my 05, but I can't wait to get on my '06 now. By the way, I know that banshees, YFZ's, and alot bikes for that matter can be built to crush my new quad on a drag hill, but for an all around quad in '06 this 450r is the best in my opinion and I couldn't say that my '05 stood out like this. By the way, if you have an 04 or 05 450r and are wondering how the '06 starts, it's the same in my opinion. If my quad was dead cold (it was about 20 degrees at night there) it would take about seven kicks to start it in the morning. Once it was warm and I purposely hit the kill switch to look around the dunes or talk, it was first kick using the hot start lever. When I stalled it (like going third gear wide open up the drag hill and smashing on the brakes as to not run into the cliff at the end of the hill and forget to keep the throttle on) it would take about three kicks or so. I am not saying this quad is the best for everyone, but if you are an all around rider like myself than you have to consider it. I would have to say that you should be ahead of the pack at most places with a cam and a pipe on this bike. Just my 2 cents.

Purcell450r
02-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Good Report!

lumi
02-20-2006, 10:07 PM
real good report glad ur having a great time on ur bike. how many hours u got on it giving u any trouble. and whats this i hear about with the hrc kit u have to change ur piston . its suppose to state it in the manual thats copmes with the kit for 06 can someone clarify PLEASE!! THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE.

QuadRacer041
02-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Shawn H
Another

shawn, didnt you get an 06 er too?why did you get a kicker?not happy with the elec?
im just curious

Jonas
02-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by lumi
real good report glad ur having a great time on ur bike. how many hours u got on it giving u any trouble. and whats this i hear about with the hrc kit u have to change ur piston . its suppose to state it in the manual thats copmes with the kit for 06 can someone clarify PLEASE!! THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE.

I'll have to check the manual to see what you are referring to but on Honda's dirt bikes I believe they recommend changing the piston out after something like 15 hours. It is a recommendation for top racing performance. Most people I know put 100+ on their CRF's.

02-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by jakes699
anyone kno if any in pa yet and how much they r costing?

world of wheels in seneca, pa(near oil city) got 4 or 5 of them in last week..all accounted for...

Jonas
02-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by lumi

Also, you asked have I had any trouble with it. The answer is no. I am planning on having it ported next and probably go with a 14 to 1 or so. Honestly, I'm satisfied with the power. You know how it goes though, I would always take more. Anyone, have a 13+ to 1 on their '06 and how do you like it??

eagertorace
02-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Jonas
Also, you asked have I had any trouble with it. The answer is no. I am planning on having it ported next and probably go with a 14 to 1 or so. Honestly, I'm satisfied with the power. You know how it goes though, I would always take more. Anyone, have a 13+ to 1 on their '06 and how do you like it??

have you been on the 450r.org site?
this guy (mixxer) has a project going:
06 450r with hrc kit, 14 to 1 bw piston, porting, valves, springs and with hrc header and silencer.
he's getting 53 hp on the dyno!!!!!!!!!
they say his porting is the sh#t though.
btw, the 06 hrc cam is real close in performance to the hc st2.
53 hp:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

blakefoote
02-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by desratt

where do you live .

my honda shop keeps them in stck...you can just walk in and buy one...:ermm: ...and yes i am talking about the 06'

lumi
02-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Jonas

thanks alot for the replys man and good luck with ur bike, and 13:1 must be some fun. later

desratt
02-24-2006, 06:37 PM
mine will be in next weekend but I had to settle for red. they said no word of any blacks for quite awhile

Jonas
02-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Sweet, I think your going to like it Des. You can always buy the black plastic if you want then your red gets scratched.

desratt
02-27-2006, 01:29 PM
if 05 plastics fit then I already got blacks..

ckasper18
02-28-2006, 07:08 AM
06 black kicker for sale on showroom floor 920-734-3363

Jonas
03-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, I got it dyno'd. Didn't have time to rejet and run again. It produced 46 horse peak and was running lean from mid to top. Thankfully, I put it on a dyno before I ran it the whole year lean. I think before I fine tune the jetting I will have to have some head work done and higher comp. After that, the motor will probably be done.

Shawn H
03-05-2006, 10:13 AM
What were you running for mods and jetting?

Jonas
03-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I put up a ride report and mods a few posts back. Full Rossier exhaust and drop in WEB cam (943/921). Jetting changes were similar to the HRC with the leak jet (I believe 55) and accel pump adjust, 48 pilot, 162 main, I was told 05 crf450 needle so I tried that but the number that comes recommended with the pipe is for a '04 crf I found out later. I tried the '05 needle in the same clip position but had to put it down a clip and it still showed too lean on the dyno (runs great though). I am considering a little head work before I get the jetting dialed in on the dyno. With my current setup and looking at the dyno results I think I would go 45 pilot, 165 main and just try the '04 needle in the recommended position. This is where I will go next if I wait on doing the head. Love the '06!

03-05-2006, 07:13 PM
just wondering what kind of nerfs u'r running

Jonas
03-05-2006, 09:23 PM
DG's. Went from my '05 and bolted right up to my '06.

Jonas
04-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Well, I sent an extra head I bought for my quad out to Racer's Edge for a race port and to enlarge the exhaust valves. I bought an extra head so I wouldn't be out a bike for an extended period of time. I figured I know enough people that have the '06 I will just sell my low hour head to them for a port job when they are ready. Not as big a deal if it ends up taking a long time then. I figured I might at well just finish the motor as far as I'm going to take it, jet the thing, and ride. Still thinking about going to 13.5 to 1 or so at the same time as the port. Has anyone put higher compression in their '06 yet? Obviously, it wouldn't be as big a jump as doing it in a 04/05 but everything helps I guess.