PDA

View Full Version : looking for dunes to ride

insaneracin2003
02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I have never road dunes and was wondering if there were any dunes to ride near houston or surrounding area.....would i def need paddle tires or can some holeshots work,sorry for stupid q's but im just curious....thanks

DaleJrFan
02-07-2006, 05:08 PM
I thought I read some where that there was some small dunes on the shore of Louisana but I may be wrong. The closest place is either Little Sahara in Waynoka,OK or Kermit Sandhills. I dont know how far you want to drive but good holeshots would work.

bayou boy
02-07-2006, 05:59 PM
they have the dunes in forest hill La. it is about 1 1/2 hr. north of lafayette on I 49. it is an ok place to ride no real big dunes or anything a few trails. it is an old gravel pit. it is mostly drag racing. paddles are a plus but before I got my paddles I just aired down my holeshots to about 3 lbs. they do ok. they have a site www.thedunesinc.com they also have a place in perkinston missippi but they have been closed since katrina..that site is www.sandatv.com other than that little sahara. I have been wanting to make a trip out there just never got around to doing it.

Eddiesanders250
02-07-2006, 07:45 PM
man your missing out. you definately need to ride some dunes, only way to ride IMO.

Tom TRX250R
02-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I would say the closest dunes to you that are the biggest are probably Little Sahara, OK. Look up Waynoka, OK on mapquest and figure out how far of drive it is. It's a 6 hr drive for me and worth every mile! The best riding is dune riding IMO!!!!

insaneracin2003
02-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R
I would say the closest dunes to you that are the biggest are probably Little Sahara, OK. Look up Waynoka, OK on mapquest and figure out how far of drive it is. It's a 6 hr drive for me and worth every mile! The best riding is dune riding IMO!!!!
looks to be about 8hrs - 9hrs from where i live.i would def love to make a dune trip somewhere.

Tom TRX250R
02-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Make the trip, I see a lot of ppl from Texas at Little Sahara. Hell I've seen Georgia, etc. tags there before. You won't regret it and you'll be hooked!:devil:

wilkin250r
02-13-2006, 12:40 PM
I've never been to Little Sahara, but I've heard the name many times, so it must be decent.

If you've never been dune riding, but are looking to try it out, I'd suggest a roadtrip to some REAL dunes, something decent size. I imagine Little Sahara would qualify.

Don't skimp and go to some crappy little dunes for your first trip just because they are closer. You don't need to go all-out and buy new paddles, but certainly put forth the extra effort to go someplace nice. It's usually well worth the extra miles.

02-13-2006, 01:29 PM
little sahara is a fun place to ride. ive been there a few times. if youve never gone dune riding, then you wont be dissapointed with the little sahara dunes.

if you dont want to buy paddles, just put your stock tires back on, they work way better for the sand then holeshots.

tp300ex
02-13-2006, 03:19 PM
im from LA and go to forest hills alot..i will be up there this weekend but its a grate place to go