PDA

View Full Version : What to buy? Fully done MX Z or LTR

wyldelee
02-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Ok here is my quandry.
Do I buy a fully done MX ready 05' Z (Roll LT, Elka,RPM axle,Yoshi cam,Yoshi Ti, 40 fcr, Dyna, PWR, Tag, Beadlocks/Kenda and all the rest of the stuff Nerfs, bumper etc etc. for $6200

or do I buy an LTR out the door for $7200?

If I had to fault the Z it would be that the frame is not gussetted, It has the Yoshi cam but not the entire Yoshi kit- but still needs race fuel, and the Houser stem is +2 which is too high for me. Otherwise it is close to perfect, and looks great.

I will definitely do some MX, but will also ride trails etc. What ya think?

MXRACER86
02-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Go with the new LTR450! No doubt about it!

Z-Rider86
02-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Some people.....a lot of people on this site are all about getting the newest and greatest things out there just to say they have them. I would personally get the Z. Frame gussets are no big deal, you can get that taken care of. I think you'll get a lot more for your money with the Z. Besides you can prolly get him down to 58 or 59. That and I don't think you'll get a 450 out the door for $7200. The 450 will be cool for your MX but do you realize that it is wider than a Polaris? Not good for your woods riding if you get into tight stuff. If it were me I would say get the Z with the mods it will be enough for both styles of riding. But I guess what it comes down too is what would you feel most comfortable on.

AceLtz
02-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Id suggest go with the built Z. im selling my Z for an Ltr because i do sand and i need more speed. If you get the ltr your still going to need to upgrade the suspension, and for mx thats what matters most. The Z has everything for suspension and plenty power to compare to all the others