PDA

View Full Version : video games

m_townsgreatest
02-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Well today in school I read a thing about how violent video games cause people to be violent. I was thinkin about it and I dont see how people can think that. I think that its not the video game that causes people to do violent acts, but dumb people that play video games and thinks that you can really do that stuff.
IDK if its just me or what but thats what I think.
What do you all you people think about this subject.
Also lets try and keep it under control. I dont want the mods to come in and have to close it because of people doing dumb things.

Thanx!

Rip_Tear
02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I'd say that video games are a place to relieve violent intensions/ a good place to relieve stress. Sometimes games make people mad, but not to a violent state that they'd be anymore violent then usual.

wvspeedfreak
02-07-2006, 06:40 PM
My 7 year old son smokes me on almost every video game he has.How in the hell do kids get so good so fast on all these games :confused:

Rip_Tear
02-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Good hand eye coordination :) I know what you're talking about, sucks getting schooled by "little" kids.

trx400exxracer
02-07-2006, 06:57 PM
I think violent games are only good for some people because they buy the games to be play violent parts on them so they dont have to do it in real life I would never do what I do on any of the GTA games in real life

except for some of the things hahahahaha (hint hint)

Jakeyracer
02-07-2006, 08:13 PM
^^hot coffee mods^^^ LMAO

400exc
02-07-2006, 08:20 PM
ive always thought of it this way......... On GTA Vice City, SA, 1, 2, and 3......... its tteaching you a lesson.... you shoot someone, you get wanted, u run over someone, you get wanted... etc. But the war games, it shows like how bad it was to go trhough those hard battles, which is a good thing to teach younger children who play them, even it teaches me, being a 14 year old.

vtslick19
02-08-2006, 10:08 AM
I never got into the whole GTA scene, but games like Shadow of Rome, Sniper Elite, or Call of Duty was more of a stress reliever, like my own form of anger mgmt.

Jakeyracer
02-08-2006, 08:03 PM
You have all herd about parents and hillary bichton(cough) i mean Clinton wine about violence in video game, but the thing is they have ratings so that kids cant buy these games it is TRUELY the parents falt by ignoring ratings and buying any game kids suggest. You gettin what i mean. i have war games and the whole GTA series and i am 15, but i have proven to my parents that i do not copy things off those games. They tell me that those games are bad but say if i dont copy a single thing off of them they dont care. Hillary is trying to run for president and you all know that if she is elected VIDEO GAMES ARE SCREWED beacause of some horny geek who found the hot coffee mod and put it all over the internet.

I dont know about you but i like my video games and i dont want to play fuggin E-rated video games all the time!!!!