PDA

View Full Version : Valve Adjusment

93MX6LSV6
02-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Well today I made the trip out to my local dealer to get my first service done. They wanted 150.00 just for the valve adjustment. My question is when do you recommend the valve adjustment? How easy is it to do yourself, or is it worth 150.00? Another thing, when they say dry sump design on the KFX, Z etc... is this the same as the 450r? I had a 450r and when I changed the oil it was just simply drain, change filter and refill. The guy at the dealer said that this quad has a dry sump design and said something about only being able to drain about a half of a quart although it holds 3 or 4, someone please explain this.

Stephen

Z440racer
02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
The valve adjust looks complated but is not after you do it once the best thing you could do is buy a service manual from your dealer that will explain the hole procdure.

Your engine is a dry sump design it holds most of the oil in the black tank blew low your rad. fore the oil change just remove the drain bolt in the tank and in your engine and replace your oil filter then put oil in the tank. ride then check oil level

93MX6LSV6
02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks alot for the help!

ltz400rider118
02-09-2006, 08:30 PM
I would have someone that knows how to adjust the valves show you . You can really screw things up if you dont know what you are doing. Once you know how to do it then it will be easy .