PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Life

justin_yfz450
02-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey I was wondering how banshee's hold up over the months. How many months can you expect to go without a rebuild (rings)?Do they loose power over time or at once ? How dependable are they with a tranny oil change every 10 gas tanks and change of plugs every month? With SOME easy pavement riding not hard.

willow2679
02-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I have a banshee since 98 and been through two rebuilds one it wasnīt necessary then the other was because I blow it going 75 mph in a highway testing the speed :scary: with a car
then itīs running real good with nothing more
The key to a good lasting banshee is good oil, taking care of it (mainteniance) and good carburetion setting so you donīt blow it for being lean
They are easy to work with (don{t have valves or other complicated timing issues like on a four strokes and is cheaper to buy two pistons than five or four ti valves, piston and other ****s)

250r4life
02-07-2006, 03:37 PM
if you take good care of them you should be able to go several years without a rebuild. i don't know about changing the plugs every month, depending on how much you ride, but i like to change my plugs about every good weekend... plugs are ony $1.60 each. i liked to keep fresh plugs in my banshee, and still do in my 250r

Toadz400
02-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
if you take good care of them you should be able to go several years without a rebuild. i don't know about changing the plugs every month, depending on how much you ride, but i like to change my plugs about every good weekend... plugs are ony $1.60 each. i liked to keep fresh plugs in my banshee, and still do in my 250r

If you take care of the Banshee it will last quite a long time. As for the plugs, as long as it's jetted right the plugs will last at least a couple months. Unless you're running Champion plugs, those only last a few days...haha pure crap there. But if you really want a good plug, go with the NGK Iridiums, they last forever!