PDA

View Full Version : AC racing ProPeg nerfs

Punk13rym
07-13-2002, 07:13 PM
im thinking of getting AC ProPegs. i would like to know if its worth it to pay an extra $30 for propeg instead of regular AC nerfs, or should i spend that money on something else? if i were to buy them do i need to install the protection plate that goes behind the foot pegs? im going to be doing MX and trail riding. one more question, How do they feel when you drive them?

thanks

Pappy
07-13-2002, 07:19 PM
i ordered a set today...time to rid the quad of the dg nerfs!! i rode a buddies r and liked them very much. i dont know all the answers to your questions....so i will keepin an eye on this thread so i can learn something too~~

Foxrage
07-13-2002, 07:37 PM
I Love mine they are great. Everyone i ride with like mine instead of there DG and there standard AC. The only problem in the aluminum pegs starts to wear. If Rico Could get us that deal on the Extenders.:D

Punk13rym
07-13-2002, 07:49 PM
how much did you pay for them? I'm going up to NAC's racing to get them. i just went on there web site it says $169 the regular propegs and the polished ones are $209. when i had called them i said what is the price for the propegs and they said $209. i didn't ask for the polished.

Pappy
07-13-2002, 07:52 PM
i was in a hurry so i got them from atv addiction...was like 189.00

Foxrage
07-13-2002, 08:14 PM
I ordered mine from atvaddiction they are a good place to deal with.

Pappy
07-13-2002, 08:15 PM
yeah they seemed to be ok. first time ive ordered from them.

400exBro
07-14-2002, 07:23 AM
i love mine, they are a lot stronger than the dgs and bolt on a lot faster as well...
Do drilling required unless you put the foot guards on, i drilled mine to the pegs so they stay there.... also the problem with the pegs is that after a wash water stays in them, so i drilled 2 small holes at the ends of the pegs so the water can ecsape, you don't have to but i hate when you ride with out boots and get you sock all wet.... (only when driving the ex down to the shop after it gets the washing....)
Bro

Punk13rym
07-14-2002, 04:03 PM
i just realized that this thread should be in the body forum.

muff
07-14-2002, 05:58 PM
I got mine for $171 from marcums with the exriders discount :)

I put them on yesterday and i havent had any problems yet, they look and work great, much better than my friends dg alloy

Punk13rym
07-14-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by muff
I got mine for $171 from marcums with the exriders discount :)

I put them on yesterday and i havent had any problems yet, they look and work great, much better than my friends dg alloy

how do you get the discount if your an exriders member? do you have to call or something?

muff
07-14-2002, 07:14 PM
you get 5% off, if you click on the links section up top you will see their ad, the quadshop gives you 5% off too, you just need to ask something like "do i get 5% off because i'm a member at the exriders website" or something like that, then they'll ask for your screen name and thats it

it took about 3 weeks for me to get the nerfs because they had some problem or something with the shipping but i dont really care cause it was worth it
i dont know if it was just cause they were having problems or something but i didnt have to pay shipping or any other kind of charge, which was pretty cool

Wired
07-14-2002, 07:20 PM
i got my pro pegs from ebay for $100 shipped from a guy and there was only one little scratch on them but hardly noticeable otherwise everyone else around here thought i bought them new.

knighttime
07-14-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by NACS400EX
The only problem in the aluminum pegs starts to wear. If Rico Could get us that deal on the Extenders.:D

:blah