PDA

View Full Version : suspension help!!!!

live4glamis
02-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi, I am thinking about getting into desert racing. I have a banshee right now and I need help choosing the right suspension ex. a-arms, shocks,... when choosing a a-arm what do you look for and how do you know what your ride height will be? In addition, I want my quad to sit up a little bit taller then stock and have a good amount of wheel travel. and if you have a desert race quad can you please post pics. of it (mostly the suspension)? Also, if you know of any good quad desert racing movies can you please give me the name of the movie? Thanks, john

CannondaleRider
02-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Many companies make high clearance A-Arms, not sure if any are made for a Banshee, so you'll have to search around. I know Rated-X, Lonestar, and Houser make high clearance arms for quads.

That will put your ride height up higher, and also give your front end more clearance for rocks in Desert riding.

As far as movies ago, for quads plus desert racing, Made in Mexico, and Made in Mexico II, they have quad parts in them, among bikes, trophy trucks, and buggies.

Dust to Glory doesn't have much for quads, but you should watch it anyways, its the best movie ever:macho

bradley300
02-07-2006, 07:18 AM
seems to me, the companies that are good at everything else, are also god at desert racing. laegers, roll design, ITP, maxxis. definatly tireballs. ona banshee, i would say your best bet is to leave it stock other than a good exhaust, because otherwise, you will be pitting for gas more than you want. i know clarke makes a 5.5 gallon tank for a banshee, i would look into it. seems like 22 inch rear tires and 23 inch fronts are the way to got for the ground clearance, and def. 50 inches wide

live4glamis
02-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey thanks for the info!!! I already have a 5-gallon gas tank, renthal bars, dura blue axle, full exhaust, has been bored out .010 over, and 22-inch maxxis razor front tires. Thanks for the info on the a-arms. I guess when buying a set of a-arms you just have to ask if there going to be high clearance a-arms. However, on a quad can you ever have to much wheel travel? Because I know in rock crawling you do not want too much wheel travel (articulation) because the tire will fall into the holes instead of the tire being off the ground and skipping over the holes. I am sorry it's hard for me to explain.

I have another question. What about a swing arm? I like the stock length that is on it, but will it hold up? Also on forums, I have heard a lot about the shock linkage. Do they make it have more travel and what do you look for when choosing the right one? Thanks, john