PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Axle in a Blaster

Antny100
02-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm thinking about getting my wife a Blaster, but first I need some info if anyone can help.
I want to stretch it out out but I'm having troubles finding a axle that gets the Blaster out to approximtely 47 to 48 inches. I found +3 and +4 A-arms but I need an axle to match. Can I stick a +4 axle from a Banshee in a stock Blaster rear end?

drifterx
02-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it would work. I'm pretty sure the entire rear ends are interchangable, but i'm not positive that the banshee axle will work with the blaster swinger and carrier.

chapmanmd
02-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Use the Banshee disk brake setup too. Depending on what year Blaster you have, you may need to weld a tab on the frame for the master cylinder however.

bradley300
02-07-2006, 07:36 AM
for the 2003 and newer blasters, a banshee axle is a direct replacement. also, if you want wide, Snyder Motor Sports makes +5 5/8 long travel a-arms (uses 16 inch shocks). with 4-1 offset wheels, you will be at 49.5 inches. there are companies like jansen that make a-arms for 19.5 inch shocks, but honestly, they are overkill and shock length is just a selling point. the 16 inchers are as big as you want to go considering how low the shock mount is on a blaster

www.snydermotorsports.net

TarheelRedRider
02-07-2006, 10:13 AM
The cheapest way to extend and axle is to use a good quilty set of wheel spacers. G force makes a good looking set for 60 bucks 2.5 inches per side. I run a set on my wifes blaster and on my 300ex. Very strong and ridged. As for the swingarm if I cant retro fit I would turn to a good fab shop. I have extended many swingarms on many different machines by having a fab shop weld in extentions and never have had one to brake. I had 13 inches on a zx11 that use to drag and never had any problems with braking or weak spots. It shouldnt cost no more than 45 bucks to cut and weld one, and if your going for looks just grind down the welds smooth and you will never see the weld job.