PDA

View Full Version : getting rub marks off 400 plastic

Derag2
02-06-2006, 06:32 PM
How do you get rub marks off your plastic? like it looks black, I had them upside down in the back of the pickup and now i got a couple spors on the back fenders that are black, and im gonna try selling it and i wanted to know how I could get these spots off of it..

Killer250EX
02-06-2006, 06:37 PM
if u can use the 3000 grit sand paper and lightly wet sand it, very lightly. Try rubbing if off with a piece of rubber (like when u get a black mark on the floor and u rub it off with ur shoe) before sanding it. Also try tar remove before sanding (make sure it doesnt eat through plastic) and also try scraping it with ur finger nail.

luvmyex
02-06-2006, 06:46 PM
if its something on the plastic try goo off

#8red
02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
no matter what ya' do - don't use that "plastic renew" stuff - it's TRASH - what i've done is use a fine grit ssandpaper and then lightly go over the spot w/ a torch - you'll see when it's done - just don't get it too hot 'cause it'll get spider web cracks - a little heat'll glaze the sanded area to almost new

exboy
02-09-2006, 08:50 PM
do u think rubing it with rubber would take scuffs off of plastics that were made by a tire?