PDA

View Full Version : Why DIRT BIKES are so much better than quads

07-13-2002, 04:03 PM
DIRTBIKES ARE WAY BETTER THAN QUADS!!!!!!

Quads cant do any thing. the only way a quad is actully good is if you put 10 thousend in it.

my friend has a warrior and my 2002 YAMAHA YZ 125 Can smoke it and they both coast 5 thousend...

so why dont all u quad riders buy dirtbikes

dabombdale
07-13-2002, 04:29 PM
i was looking into it, but i like riding in winter too much, and when i stop i like to just jump off, and i don't need a kickstand, i can do nifty tricks when wheelying, i can go through deeper mud, my name is dale and i am a quad rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EX 80
07-13-2002, 04:32 PM
We don't have dirt bikes because we like quads better. Personal preferences. I could care less if i have $13,000 into my quad but its what i like. This is a bad place to talk crap about quads.

slates74
07-13-2002, 05:27 PM
wow power guy you sure taught us a thing or two:huh

TRXR29
07-13-2002, 07:01 PM
I love these comedy threads. Hehehe, now I've seen the light. I think I'll go sell my 250R now. LOL

On a serious note, I ride quads because I love to see the look on the dirtbikers faces when I fly past them. There is nothing better than watching a dirtbikers jaw drop right before I roost in his face.

Not to mention the fact that a Warrior is a poor excuse for a performance quad.

Rip_Tear
07-13-2002, 07:06 PM
I would hope your 125 dirt bike would be a warrior, almost everything does... and did I mention quad a better then dirt bikes!:grr

Quads rule Bikes drule

Wired
07-13-2002, 07:12 PM
ive owned 2 dirt bikes and i can do 3 times as much on my quad then i could with a dirt bike, and no i didnt suck at riding bikes either, i grew up on them! take your lame @ss comments else wheres! :grr

Pappy
07-13-2002, 07:15 PM
I love to see the look on the dirtbikers faces when I fly past them. There is nothing better than watching a dirtbikers jaw drop right before I roost in his face.

hahaha.....i like ridin right behind them...lettin them see a lil front wheel in the turns. i am lmao when they pull of the track. :devil

Nausty
07-13-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by YamahaPowerGuy

Quads cant do any thing. the only way a quad is actully good is if you put 10 thousend in it.

my friend has a warrior and my 2002 YAMAHA YZ 125 Can smoke it and they both coast 5 thousend...

I'm ****** fed up with the **** that comes with this forum. Some ****wit comes trancing in, every other week thinking he's gods gift to us... thinking everything he says is holier than thou holy water. So do us all a favour and **** off. :rolleyes:

- nausty *in bad mood*

OutlawEX
07-13-2002, 08:34 PM
Ill tell you y i got a quad rather than a dirtbike...When i had my dirtbike i got really bord of it so i wanted a challange so i got a quad....A quad takes more balls to ride on a track rather than a dirtbike...I think that dirtbikes are alot like bicycles and after ridng bicycles for many many years its get old....

Sportrax10
07-13-2002, 08:55 PM

What if i raced a PW-80 with my 400EX and smoked him? would that make 4 wheelers be so much better then dirt bikes? maybe you should try out more quads then just one before you judge them all

ohh yea.... quads can do MANY more things then dirt bikes.... AND they can do the same things dirk bikes do! so y dont u buy a quad?

( not flamin just proven a point, BTW i like dirk bikes too, just not better then quads)

ATV_MAN
07-13-2002, 08:57 PM

Thanks man. Now I know what ive been missing all my life. From now on ill let you do my thinking for me. Thanks

kc 300EX
07-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Just think of ALL the poor saps on this site who used their money to buy a lamo quad INSTEAD of an awsomely super cool majorly wicked fast dirtbike!!! The whole world must be IDIOTS!!!! All those quads sold every year?? Man, how can SOOOOO many people be SOOOO sstupid?? why didnt the y all just do the smart thing and buy a dirt bike?????

Guess well never know.................or care for that matter

FullBore52
07-13-2002, 10:40 PM

I think you need a piece of *****...no, not your sister!

07-13-2002, 11:04 PM
I think some of are missing his point and have slightly loose trigger fingers when it comes to different views.

I have ridden them both and they are definately not the same machines and both have their good and bad points.

C'mon and be honest here as it really $u(ks that the mfg's put so much r&d into the two stroke "race" bikes and they are usually ready to go out of the box especially when compared to a quad.

If you went out and purchased a new YZ250 (you know a real bike unlike that little 125 stuff:devil ) would you be needing to do more than maybe a pipe and some port work? would you be spending 3000.00 on new a arms and shocks?? I dont think so.

I love my quad, **** I even refer to it as my baby but its not a YZ/Cr250 or what ever and I have a bunch of $$$ in it and I know some of you other gus have me beet by thousands.

It just aint right and the quad mfg's need to get their arses in gear and start producing more race ready quads.

Plus how many of you who rode two wheelers in the past ever run your own foot over putting it down in a turn on your quad?????????????????? :D :D

Just my .02 but maybe he wasnt being a complete nut buster after all.

Castor-426ex
07-13-2002, 11:14 PM
The guy is just mad cause hes 35 and rides a pw50:D

07-13-2002, 11:29 PM
The guy is just mad cause hes 35 and rides a pw50

ROFLMAO :D

And I thought I was the only one ;)

Pappy
07-13-2002, 11:34 PM
the bike vs quad crap as been goin on since i raced back in the 80's. dirty looks...comments etc. about 2 months ago a bike rider at a mx track made a offhanded comment to me about quads. i offered him to take mine for a lap or two. well...he couldnt say nuttin cuz his buddys were there so out on the track he goes. after rolling over every jump and not takin it out of third he found a new appreciation for what i do on my quad. they are so different i dont think u can even begin to compare them. i agree that the factory should but some r&d into a race quad....but cannondale is the only one and will probly stay that way.

airheadedduner
07-13-2002, 11:37 PM

Are you stuck on stupid or somethin?? Do you eat rocks??? I have riddin both and a quad is way harder and more chalanging to ride. A dirt bike is too easy, not to mention they all have top of the line technology. The most current machines we have are the Z400, cannonball, and raptor which are recylcled dirt bikes. I've seen RC case 40 footers on tv and not even slow down, a quad takes much more ability to ride. Plus I love how bad you twowheelers get pissed when I wayyyy out jump you in the dunes.

07-14-2002, 05:39 PM
lol, true dat man

its pretty funny when they bring their lil 125's down, and i can beat em on a road (i do tath so no whineing about traction) on the good ol R which is a dirtbike too kinda, lol

YamaWarr0121
07-14-2002, 06:58 PM
**** ya man that kid must be smokin crack quads are so much more versital, and even though a warrior sucks its still a quad and takes a lot more skill to ride it then a dirtbike, next time u see a dirtbike jumping a good 60 feet in the dunes give me a call
i see quads do it all the time

i had a choice, i picked a quad, a quad to learn on and ride it, and ive riddin 80's and 125's before, nothing as fun as hoppin on a 250r or a banshee and flyin past them dirtbikes

01 250exman
07-14-2002, 07:51 PM
:grr some dirt bikers thank thar so bad ***** and cool.i dont understand whats? so good about a CRAPP ***** DIRT BIKE.
i guss thar cool if you want to FLIP OVER ALL THE TIME. :p

OutlawEX
07-15-2002, 10:39 AM
I am gonna post a poll to see who wants this guy gone ,the poll will we in the Open Form look what he said about quads

QUADS SUCK
QUADS SUCK BALLS

They cant do ****. Anyone with no pottential at all can ride a ***** quad. All they can do is powerslide.

DIRTBIKES ARE WAY BETTER THEN QUADS!!!!!!!!!!!

YamaWarr0121
07-15-2002, 10:45 AM
that yamaha power guys s/n on aol is HaryYZ07
IM him and tell him how much quads are better

show him whos right and whos wrong here

Sleeping Catfish
07-15-2002, 12:36 PM
my cannibal will stick with a stock yz250. a pipe and remap and i could probably beat him. he will probably always be able to beat me on the track, but i can go in mud and all that other stuff.

Nausty
07-15-2002, 02:18 PM
cannondale dirt bike can't even keep up with a 250 motor wise:rolleyes: how is a cannibal going to if it weighs twice as much?

MxDale71
07-15-2002, 08:42 PM
cannondale dirt bike can't even keep up with a 250 motor wise how is a cannibal going to if it weighs twice as much?

If you shave your fenders, take off your skid plates, and let a little pressure out of your back tires, it will add about 7-8 more HP ;) :blah :macho :square :huh :D

HotRod2Fitty
07-15-2002, 09:21 PM
First of all what freakin idiot would come in to an all quad site and say dirtbikes are better than quads. Thats just plain retarded.

All i know is u insulted and pi$$ed of alot of people.
So do us all a favor and shut ur mouth.

my .02
:devil :grr

ryanh250ex
07-16-2002, 10:17 PM
i remember this spring when i got the 250ex back (i had some lackluster grades in school at the time, but brought them WAY up) i was on the beginner's track (i didn't belong there, i brought a friend along that day that was new to riding quads, my skills are more like intermediate or better) at the local ORV park and in front of me there was some hot-shot kid on a yz80 or 125 and at every possible moment (usually turns) he would wick the throttle wide open to try to roost me. he did this for like 8 laps. on the striaghtaways he kept swerving in front of me. at one point during a straightaway i suddenly let the throttle wide-open and i pinned it in 4th gear (which is blazin' fast considering the size of this track) and buried him in roost. oh man it was a great feeling.oh yeah, i would NEVER trade my ex for any dirtbike. dirtbikes are fun but quads are funner