PDA

View Full Version : 4??

Bighead1
02-06-2006, 04:32 PM
1.I have seen alot of bored out 400's on here and just outta curiosity, where do you get your wiesco or JE big bore kits from? 2.How much do they cost? 3. Do you have to get an aftermarket exhaust for it afterward? 4.Do you have to run race fuel, or can you run regular, everday pump gas if so what compression? 5.What is the compression anyways, how do you tweak it? 6.What about jetting the 400? 7.Cams what are they and what kind do you need for a big bore? All of that good stuff. Pretty much a full out big bore upgrade.

hondajoe05
02-06-2006, 04:42 PM
well you can get the piston and sleeves from many sites try c&d racing... its the site sponser and they have different price ranges ... you should get aftermarket exhaust but its not needed unless you go to 440 and with ne compression over 11:1 you will probably have to run race fuel and jetting will be needed and cams ... too they help a-lot! different stages/makes for different stuff

Jonesy
02-06-2006, 05:07 PM
1. you can get big bore pistons from just about anywhere. Like Hondajoe05 said, check out C&D or you local shop for one.
2. not sure but i work at a shop and a wiseco piston is about $139.
3. aftermarket exhaust is not needed but highly recomended.
4. premium pump fuel is fine up to about 11:1, 12:1 requires a 50/50 mix and anything higher need straight race gas
5. compression is how many times the air is compress from the bottom of the stroke to the top of the stroke. 11:1 means that at TDC the combustion chamber is 11 times smaller than it is at the bottom of the stroke.
6. jetting depends on teh cam, bore, comp. ratio, pipe, weather, temp, elevation. so many variable but you will have to re-jet if any of them change.
7. cams are great, compliment a piston very well. If you do a high comp piston it always works better with a cam and vise versa. kind depends on where you want power. stage 1 cams are usually low-mid range cams while stage 2 cams are usually for mid-top end. There are many different cams out there each with their own characteristics.

123patrickquad
02-06-2006, 06:04 PM
one word "ebay"

Bighead1
02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Lol^^ Ok guys thanks for the info. Does anybody else have any information. How much on average does it cost to bore the cylinder out? Probably to a 416 or 426.

hondajoe05
02-06-2006, 06:14 PM
well its useally 50$ around here but i dunno hwere your at so i'd say 50-100$ and if i was doin it i would get a new sleeve instead of boring it so ... incase if your piston/sleeve gets f'd up you got that old sleeve and piston

Bighead1
02-07-2006, 05:07 AM
Ok so in your guys recommendation What would I need for a hole big bore set up. I dont want to run the 440 just mabe a 426. Ok I need to know what to get for the hole kit. Like cam. jetting. copression ratios and all of that kind of stuff. Oh can I run just a header and be alright, does it make any noise difference?