PDA

View Full Version : E-Ton 150 grinds when put into forward

DANVAN
02-06-2006, 09:53 AM
My 2001 150 E-Ton all of a sudden wont go in forward, when I put it in gear and gas it, it just grinds badly, quad wont move.

Reverse is ok, in fact I had to use reverse to get it back home yesterday, good thing I wasnt to far.

Is there an adjutment for the shifter? Does it need to go into the shop? Please help.

mayberry400ex
02-06-2006, 03:24 PM
is it grindin and if u force it the shifter vibrates?

if so the only thing i can think of is maybe when u rev it let it calm back down then hold in your brake and try to shift it

check your idle on it and check your drive train maybe u got some trash or somethin built up in ther.

2004 trx400ex
renthal grips
pc junk

soon a whole bunch more

06 sponsors

DANVAN
02-06-2006, 06:48 PM
It started when I was just riding slowly, no problems, then I went to nail the throttle and somthing started to grind, and the quad came to a stop, I thought the chain had fallen off. I got off, looked at the chain and it was still on, I gave it throttle and nothing but grinding, the quad slowly inched forward. It was like the gears werent meshing.

I put in in and out of gear, it feels like it engages, but maybe not fully.

I then went into reverse and it was fine. Put it back in forward, just grinding. I ended up riding it home in reverse.

In the past I had raised the idle due to a stalling problem. So when the engine was cold and the chock is on, the idle was extra high. There were a few times when the engine was racing and I would try to shift to forward I would get a grinding until it engaged.The shifter would vibrate. Sometimes I would shut the eng, put it in gear and then restart it. I wonder if I caused damage to it on those shifts, because it juts will not engage at all now.

As of now the idle and stalling problem seems to be fixed.

Someone I work with that has atv's says he thinks the shifter may just need and ajustment, but I looked at it and dont see anything to adjust.

mayberry400ex
02-06-2006, 07:48 PM
if it has a shifing rod goin from the shifter to the tranny make sure that the bolt or whatever goin in to ure tranny is tight and check for trash around in there or wear on your tranny.
it may be slippin when u go to put it in to foward but not when u go to put it in reverse.

does it just have f,n,r

DANVAN
02-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Yes it has F-N-R.

Ill check the bolt tonight, thanks for the help.

How do I check for wear on the tranny?

DANVAN
02-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I took the shifter off tonight. There doesnt seem to be an adjustment, the shfter slips on a spline, that would only go on one way, it seemed to have a keyway in it.