PDA

View Full Version : Kickstart issues

400excracer
02-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Anybody see that Tim Farr couldnt even start the race at Glen Helen because of kickstart problems. I thought, from listening to the kick start lovers on this site, that kick start was ultra reliable and never had any problems. You guys can keep those kick starts, I'll stick with the magic button.

Quadkid4105
02-06-2006, 07:59 AM
i've never had a problem and i am 15 years old

400excracer
02-06-2006, 08:09 AM
I dont think that age has anything to do with it. It sounds like it was a mechanical issue. I dont dislike kickstarts, but I just dont see the love affair people seem to have with them. If Honda would have came out with estart on the 450R back in 04 like they should have, nobody would be arguing how great kickstart is. It would be nice for an emergency backup though.

tucson450r
02-06-2006, 08:19 AM
If you can't kickstart it there are generally more problems than a magic button can fix!! From what I understand the electric starter has to have a well tuned motor to start otherwise the battery just doesn't have enough in it to turn an engine over and over and over till it finally starts. We have found this to be true on most of the bikes in our group that have electric starters and they are not all Hondas.

400excracer
02-06-2006, 12:48 PM
I never said I couldnt kick start a quad. Does kick starting make you more of a man. Some Harley rider threw a fit when they changed there bikes over to estart, but I bet if you ask them now most of them wouldnt go back to kicking. The couple pounds you save means next to nothing when it comes to lap times. People didnt like computers at first either. Embace technology!

MAD450r
02-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I bet it wsan't just the kicker that was the issue. I cant say for sure but I really dont think something could happen rather than the 1 way bear.ing going out.

Thats my opinion on that.

tucson450r
02-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Easy there killer--- I never said you couldn't kick start a quad. If you will read closely I said if you can't kickstart it there is probably something wrong with the motor or tuning. I have had to boost and push start a lot of quads because the battery was ran down due to poor tuning or a bigger problem in the motor. If my bike don't start first or second kick I start looking for a problem.

400excracer
02-06-2006, 05:29 PM
My appologies. Sometimes its hard to tell what people mean.

Punk'd
02-06-2006, 05:35 PM
This is a stupid post.. It has flame all over it.

WHO CARES as long as you can start the damn thing.. :rolleyes: