PDA

View Full Version : what happened zuk, glen helen?

motox450r
02-05-2006, 10:02 PM
3rd place for zuki. what happened. the awsome machine, was supposed to be a out of the box a dominator. oh well better luck next week in texas.

02-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Jones was knocked out by Byrd in the 1st moto. He was in second and challenging Natalie for first in the 2nd moto, when his rear shock BLEW OUT. So much for Fox huh. Its a long season, they got plenty of time. Gust got 2nd in the second moto.

motox450r
02-05-2006, 10:11 PM
maybe they need wayne,s input like natalie and those fox's won't blow.

02-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I bet he set up the shocks they were runnin today. Just a guess though.

motox450r
02-05-2006, 10:17 PM
yeah i'm sure he did. i was just joking around. it's going to b e exciting. i'm down here in texas right now waiting.

badvox
02-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
Jones was knocked out by Byrd in the 1st moto. He was in second and challenging Natalie for first in the 2nd moto, when his rear shock BLEW OUT. So much for Fox huh. Its a long season, they got plenty of time. Gust got 2nd in the second moto.

Got knocked out by Byrd? You can see all the way from Illinois?

:p

Dan_Guetter
02-05-2006, 10:43 PM
lol...people say that he didn't hit him on purpose....but there should be some video of the "pass" on the net at some point in time

Dale512
02-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm sure Byrd didn't hit Jones on purpose...not Byrd's style.

Also I heard that it was infact Jone's rear linkage that broke and not his shock...his Linkage is a Walsh unit BTW.

kitchen157
02-06-2006, 01:30 AM
I believe he was using a reworked stock rear shock not a fox if I'm not mistaken

jfarrar30
02-06-2006, 05:50 AM
3rd overall on a brand new bike doesnt seem to shabby to me.jones running second both motos on a quad they have very little seat on racing against quads that guys have had a few seasons to dial in.i say if it was not for he bad luck there would have been a suzuki in 2cd and third if not first.it is gonna be an exciting season for sure!

kahuna4
02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Jones was knocked out by Byrd in the 1st moto. He was in second and challenging Natalie for first in the 2nd moto, when his rear shock BLEW OUT. So much for Fox huh. Its a long season, they got plenty of time. Gust got 2nd in the second moto. jones was not challening for the lead there was a 10 second gap from first to second

TrX450rKiD
02-06-2006, 12:44 PM
WTF does the nationals have to do with any of the quads? I'm a Honda guy and I still say that Glen Helen doesn't mean *****. Natalie would win on a Honda, Yamaha, or Zuki. If we are even gonna talk about this, we should be saying how John should have one if his damn seat didn't fall off.

Natalie will take back-to-back championships if he stays healthy.

LTR450_#67
02-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Nope, I am still gonna chant for Jeremiah Jones. The Glen Helen race was a fluke.....Jones is gonna win the championship this season!!! You just wait!

Ridin' Jesse
02-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by motox450r
3rd place for zuki. what happened. the awsome machine, was supposed to be a out of the box a dominator. oh well better luck next week in texas.

If youd think, it wouldnt matter. Like people have said, its early season, and no matter what quad you have, if your racing pro almsot everything is aftermarket anyways. The real test will be lower classes when the quad is actually stock. People like you(biased towards a company) bug the hell out of me.

calds650
02-06-2006, 02:47 PM

If I rember two stock Zuki won there class yesterday
PROD C
Overall Number Brand Name City,State District Moto 1 Moto 2
1 838 Suz Brian Mcculloch Beaumont, CA 1 1
and

PLUS 25
Overall Number Brand Name City,State District Moto 1 Moto 2
1 0 Suz Brit Mansell Maylene, AL 1 1

Not bad for beeing in the country for only two weeks. By the time the FL round show up you will see a lot more of the Zuki.

Trxracer53
02-06-2006, 03:11 PM
all this talk up by the suzuki crowd and then it gets beat. Hmmm what a bike for 50 stock horsepower. where did all this talk go honda still beat the yamaha and now the suzuki can claim the 2nd place crown. oh wait 4th because Byrd, Farr and Natalie are all taking top honors again. Yeah the linkage broke and Jones was "run" off the track , are all just excuses to what all boiled into a huge let down for suzuki. the honda linkages havent broke and neither has the yamahas so complain and hope all you want the honda and yamaha are still a better bike. Jones and Gust helped design a bike that still takes second. Shoulda just bumped up the 400 to a 450. Woulda done the same thing.

MXracer16
02-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Trxracer53
all this talk up by the suzuki crowd and then it gets beat. Hmmm what a bike for 50 stock horsepower. where did all this talk go honda still beat the yamaha and now the suzuki can claim the 2nd place crown. oh wait 4th because Byrd, Farr and Natalie are all taking top honors again. Yeah the linkage broke and Jones was "run" off the track , are all just excuses to what all boiled into a huge let down for suzuki. the honda linkages havent broke and neither has the yamahas so complain and hope all you want the honda and yamaha are still a better bike. Jones and Gust helped design a bike that still takes second. Shoulda just bumped up the 400 to a 450. Woulda done the same thing.

Hes running a walsh linkage. Im gonna have to agree with Ridin' Jesse, biased people like you bug the hell out of me.

02-06-2006, 03:31 PM

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Ridin' Jesse
02-06-2006, 04:06 PM

I dare you to go find the REPRESENTATIVE that said about 50 HP and stuff like that, not some kid on the internet. You cant believe everything you hear, is it that hard to understand?

jfarrar30
02-06-2006, 04:59 PM

sounds like another whiner too me.you sound just a little upset that the honda guys have had a few seasons now to dial in the engine and chassis components to get where they are.this was the first race for suzuki and they were right there.you guys got lucky thats all.couple more races and its bye bye.so stop being nervous about the suzuki and get over it:eek2:

ill_lil_romey
02-06-2006, 05:23 PM

Thats typical for someone with trx anything in their name. Im a honda man but I will have a Quadracer asap. Besides, all this yapping and bickering is sickening, It takes way more than the opening round on a not-so technical track to determine the champion at the end of the season. At the end of the season is the Quadracer a letdown if they dont win a championship? Or if they do will it be a letdown because they didnt win every moto? Give me a brake man.

Cindi
02-06-2006, 06:44 PM

If you watched the same race we all did you would have seen the YFZ's And TRX's sitting all over the side of the track and just rolling over jumps due to problems. Did you see how many top pro's have to qualify due to problems they had:confused: This is racing. If you never had a DNF then you must not race to much and you should play the lottery because you are one luck person;)

ThumPIN_450R
02-06-2006, 07:06 PM
I didn't see the race Cindi but I know for a fact that honda's will break and mine is a certain statement for that. All quads will break at some point and there is no exception to that rule no matter if you're on a honda, suzuki, yami or whatever. The new Zuk looks to be a solid machine I do beleive I will ride one before I buy just to make sure I like the way it feels but as of now I am planning on one based off of what I heard from people that were at glen helen that watched some LT-R's and the opinions they got from what they saw.

motox450r
02-06-2006, 07:58 PM
some of ya all are taking this stuff way to serious. if honda doesn't win another race this year i will not lose any sleep, i can promise you that. i started the thread because of all the people who hadn't even owned one yet, but talked as if they had one. i don't have a problem with suzuki at all. i have owned one also. good luck this week to all competitors. i ride red and will cheer for any red rider. is that a sin? if this thread bothers you that much? DON'T GET INVOLVED. in other words don't waist your time.

motox450r
02-06-2006, 08:22 PM
jesse take your frustrations out at the track not me. quit reading between the lines. that is unless your physicologist. never said one word about the whole season. wasn't talking the zuk down just asking a question.

badvox
02-06-2006, 08:58 PM
The way my pops described Sunday was there was blue all over the track. :) That would be yami blue. Couldnt make Sunday myself.

The reason there is so much hype is that Fuel Injection is simply better. Im not gonna put down any atv because I have an ATK alias Cannondale. All I know is everyone that rides my fuel injected quad is shocked at the acceleration it has.

The LT-R win or lose has everything going for it technology wise.
Yami and big red will have an EFI quad soon enough then they'll have growing pains too.

The rest as Cindi said is just racing and lets face it they are all fast!

KWAD GAWD
02-06-2006, 09:05 PM
What are you people talking about? Byrd didn't take out Jones, anyway... whatever happened, happened at the top of Mt St. Helens so NOBODY saw what really happened!! Freaking crazy people, I swear. Jones' Walsh linkage didn't break, the shock shaft did. I was about 5 feet away when it happened. WHO THE HELL ever said the stock LTR was 50 HP? No, it's 40, read up. Anyway, Jones and Gust are mega fast. They're still testing, their bikes aren even completely tuned in perfectly yet. Suz. will have their day, it's just a matter of time.

02-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by badvox
The way my pops described Sunday was there was blue all over the track. :) That would be yami blue. Couldnt make Sunday myself.

You sure hang out alot in the LTR forum for as much trash and smack you were talkin about Team Suzuki yesterday, tellin them to go F**K themselves and all, and then you erase it all.....LOL. All because they wouldn't come hold your hand. I don't see any ATK riders signing posters do you? Oh thats because there aren't any, and their quads are made of leftover parts from a company that went belly up.

badvox
02-06-2006, 10:18 PM
You sure hang out alot in the LTR forum for as much trash and smack you were talkin about Team Suzuki yesterday, tellin them to go F**K themselves and all, and then you erase it all.....LOL. All because they wouldn't come hold your hand. I don't see any ATK riders signing posters do you? Oh thats because there aren't any, and their quads are made of leftover parts from a company that went belly up.

Since you care so much I've been following this forum for a while.
I am interested in the quad. I think its a good machine.
What I said about the team really has nothing to do with whether or not the bike is good or not. Fact is on Saturday they were way to busy with racing. Am I an idiot for posting my thoughts on that. Absolutely. Do I have a right to edit my own post yep. Just like you have the right to be an a**hole right now.

Fact is they were way too busy trying to get ready to race to
"hold my hand". Happy? Or do you have more intelligent things to add to the topic?

02-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by badvox
Fact is they were way too busy trying to get ready to race to
"hold my hand".

02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
I guess thats why you went on other atv sites, even LTR sites and bashed Team suzuki left and right because you could not get them away from wrenchin on the bike to talk to your lil kid. You really badmouthed them, don't try and spin it now that you erased it. And what you said was very UN "intelligent". Maybe nextime they will stop the pro main so your kid can get autographs right then at that moment.

badvox
02-07-2006, 08:16 AM
I guess thats why you went on other atv sites, even LTR sites and bashed Team suzuki left and right because you could not get them away from wrenchin on the bike to talk to your lil kid. You really badmouthed them, don't try and spin it now that you erased it. And what you said was very UN "intelligent". Maybe nextime they will stop the pro main so your kid can get autographs right then at that moment.

Well right now you are the one thats spinning it there ACE.
I never said I expected them to stop doing anything. What I said was after they were done they turned and just went into the trailer. As far as my lil kid goes I did explain to him that they were busy tweaking stuff for the race. Do u even have kids or are u one of these jack offs that has none and comments about poeple that do.

Now if you want to keep talking crap to me why dont u just PM me and get it off your chest. I think you've hijacked the thread enough.

02-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes I do have kids. I don't expect special treatment for them. We both know what you said, as well as the many other people that called you out on it and told you to shut up. You PURPOSELY smeared the riders, the team, the executives, the manufacturer, and the machine. All because of your own selfishness. I don't need to PM you, you are the one who wanted everyone to hear your pissy attitude, on multiple sites, you are the one who erased what you said. Stop trying to send the sport back twenty years. Like I said, lots of people saw your bull**** whining and now your gonna hear it.

Crayfish
02-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Two "grown" men fighting on the internet, classic. Keep it up, great intertainment.

02-07-2006, 12:13 PM
No, this guy just was just saying some really ignorant things that struck a bad chord with everybody that was in the forum at the time. Alot of people jumped on him about it, I am just surprised he is posting about Suzuki after he cursed them up and down on muliple sites. Our sport has been through enough, we should be glad Suzuki is running a professional race team or a race team at all for that matter. We should be glad we can choose between a YFZ450, TRX450R, LTR450, Z400, Raptor700 and not just a piece of junk 20 year old trx250r. I thank Suzuki for not listening to thier lawyers and taking a chance on a full racing program. If a few more people like this guy come along runnin their mouth, Suzuki and the others may change thei mind.

Ridin' Jesse
02-07-2006, 01:20 PM
jesse take your frustrations out at the track not me. quit reading between the lines. that is unless your physicologist. never said one word about the whole season. wasn't talking the zuk down just asking a question.

You said better luck at texas..so apparently you're thinking about the rest of the season. Maybe you just need to think about what your saying, like the "question"..it came off more of a cocky statement about putting down the new LT, to me at least.

motox450r
02-07-2006, 02:06 PM
it wasn't meant to be cocky. sorry if it came off that way. this bike is the king as far as out of the box stock, as far as mx goes anyway. but alot people who hadn't even owned one were acting like the others didn't need to show up on raceday. kinda hit a nerve with me. but i still didn't write on any of those threads, and if i would have i wouldn't bash anyone for their beliefs. i do have a trx and thinking about owning a ltr also. i was just generating conversation. wasn't wanting everyone to get mad about it. it isnt worth it. i'm here in texas now so i'll get to see first handed. and will give a comment as far as my eye's view. and if zuk don't win, i won't be bashing them either. if i was to speculate or put money down, i would have to go with jones. i said that before this year even began. i don't have a problem with any machine or rider. as matter of fact dirt bikers don't bother me a bit either, even though a bunch of those guys act like dipsticks to quad riders. that's their problem not mine. have a good one.

02-07-2006, 02:17 PM
motox450r let us know waht you think about the track in texas after the race.

motox450r
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
we stopped into suzuki yamaha and a couple of the dirt bikers said it was a hard course with a few blind doulbles. will definitly let ya all know. good luck also to all participants. i'm older than dirt but still might race. not in shape at all. rode a track this week and I'M SORE. LOL. havn't ridden a couple months.

Ridin' Jesse
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
it wasn't meant to be cocky. sorry if it came off that way. this bike is the king as far as out of the box stock, as far as mx goes anyway. but alot people who hadn't even owned one were acting like the others didn't need to show up on raceday. kinda hit a nerve with me. but i still didn't write on any of those threads, and if i would have i wouldn't bash anyone for their beliefs. i do have a trx and thinking about owning a ltr also. i was just generating conversation. wasn't wanting everyone to get mad about it. it isnt worth it. i'm here in texas now so i'll get to see first handed. and will give a comment as far as my eye's view. and if zuk don't win, i won't be bashing them either. if i was to speculate or put money down, i would have to go with jones. i said that before this year even began. i don't have a problem with any machine or rider. as matter of fact dirt bikers don't bother me a bit either, even though a bunch of those guys act like dipsticks to quad riders. that's their problem not mine. have a good one.

Yeah I get that. You jut came off as bashing to me too. It's all good though.:D

motox450r
02-07-2006, 03:41 PM
jesse just wondering have you heard of rich stambach. we bought parts from him. he's from pa. i've seen his name on the national results. seems to be a pretty good racer.

Ridin' Jesse
02-07-2006, 03:57 PM
jesse just wondering have you heard of rich stambach. we bought parts from him. he's from pa. i've seen his name on the national results. seems to be a pretty good racer.

Don't recognize the name...he might be in Eastern PA(District 6)...im in the Western part(District 5)

robman
02-07-2006, 09:32 PM
How long did it take for honda to win there first race on the 450r?:o

400grl
02-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Maybe I should play the lottery....because I've raced for over 4 years, sometimes every weekend.......MX and desert and WORCS....and even for a year and a half on a stock YFZ........and I have NEVER DNF'd a race! I have always drug myself over the finishline......but then....I do have probably the best tech on the West Coast as my personal wrench!!!
:devil:

Can't blame DNF's on the brand most of the time.........it's usually who's had their hands on it and what's been done to it after it was brought home from the factory.......which - in the Pro ranks.....that's ALOT of hands and alot of tweaking.

TWISTED
02-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by robman
How long did it take for honda to win there first race on the 450r?:o

Byrd was the first to win a GNC national on it. Lorretta's in '04

LTR450_#67
02-08-2006, 12:39 PM
400grl- Keeping a quad stock and maintaining it helps quite a bit....being consistant is key. You can't race with a blown engine!

I wonder what happened to Farrs TRX? In the race report on the home page it says that his kickstarter would fall forward at high RPMs.

Go #2 Jones!!!!!!!!!