PDA

View Full Version : New Outlaw Exhaust

calds650
02-05-2006, 08:41 PM
WB has a new exhaust for the Outlaw Polaris should have it by March

http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/4414/WB.jpg

MAaudioX10
02-05-2006, 10:41 PM
That is some of the sickest exhaust I've seen thus far. I imagine, a hefty price tag comes with those.

calds650
02-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Here is the WB air filter to make it work better

wolffie
02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
damn! why couldnt Polaris design the Predator's airbox ^^^like that! instead we get this goofy *** boot that is like 4ft long!:D lol, that pipe is SWEET! i agree with MAaudioX10, there is probably going to be a very steep price tag on it though!

m. smiley
02-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Got mine and it is SWEET!!!!

wolffie
02-06-2006, 01:30 PM
sweet! give us some info on how you like it and performance!:D

scramblerracer
02-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Matt- will you be using Custom Axis shocks again this year with the new ride? I can't wait to see the quad in race form- Good luck this year! Later Josh

m. smiley
02-06-2006, 08:52 PM
I will be on ELKA!!!!!

waloud
02-06-2006, 11:11 PM
That is one killer looking exhaust. I stopped by the dealer today and they had 1 Outlaw on the floor. This is the first time I have seen one up close. If only the Scrambler could've held on for one more year. I can't complain much, I'm satisfied with my 05 TL.

Predator258
02-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by m. smiley
Got mine and it is SWEET!!!!

Go ahead and rub it in. J/k I can't wait to bolt one up. If it is anything like piping a Predator, it should be a big improvement, especially with the WB filter kit.

FUTheman
02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
that exhaust is ridiculous. why have two mufflers for one cylinder? all it did was add weight. the outlaw is heavy already. most people buy after market exhause to lose weight and gain hp.

calds650
02-09-2006, 03:50 PM
duals because of the size of the area to place the exhaust is short in length and too help keep sound down.

sunshine
02-10-2006, 08:22 AM
The duals are awesome-looks and performance. I don't think it gained any weight and it gave it more hp! It retails for$799.

calds650
02-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by sunshine
The duals are awesome-looks and performance. I don't think it gained any weight and it gave it more hp! It retails for$799.

That figures one Pure Polaris E2 goes for $399.99 two go for $799. due you have part#?

sunshine
02-11-2006, 07:06 AM
The Polaris part # is 2875940

Big Chuck
02-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Calds, do you know if you can go with only one White Bros slip on? The motor is the same as the Pred and one works fine for me on my Pred, so whats the advantage of going with two? They have quiet cores that fall in the low decibles right now. Along with double the expense $$$$$$? Just wondering if you can go with just one in the middle. I don't have my Outlaw yet and am doing some planning/saving for upgrades. Thanks.:eek2:

GE4x4
02-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Sunshine, congrat on racing for Polaris and I'm sure the podium will be a regular home for you. How has the Outlaw been so far? Mine is suppose to be in next weekend and just want to know what to look for and what should I change first. Also what other mods are available for it like nerfs, shocks, rims, and so forth?

wolffie
02-11-2006, 07:42 AM
you can probably buy mods right from polaris? you are probably better off going to www.rockymountain.com ! i dont think too many mods are out right now for the outlaw rather than WB stuff. check out their website!:)

calds650
02-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Big Chuck
Calds, do you know if you can go with only one White Bros slip on? The motor is the same as the Pred and one works fine for me on my Pred, so whats the advantage of going with two? They have quiet cores that fall in the low decibles right now. Along with double the expense $$$$$$? Just wondering if you can go with just one in the middle. I don't have my Outlaw yet and am doing some planning/saving for upgrades. Thanks.:eek2:

There is not enough room for single Predator stile exhaust. The stock Outlaw is about 12 inches deep and 5 inches across. Too get the improved air flow and too keep the sound down they went with two small singles.

calds650
02-11-2006, 12:47 PM
The Polaris part # is 2875940

Thanks got mine on order when the become available

GE4x4
02-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by calds650
Thanks got mine on order when the become available

If you go to discounthondaparts you can get that exhaust for $683.19

sunshine
02-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Hey GE4X4- When you get yours, get a hold of me and I'll help ya get set up. Some things have all ready changed for the better on my bike since they were early ones. I will have my Custom Axis shocks tomorrow!!!!! Triple rate plushness!!!! I have a WER steering dampner, Razr 2 all around w/ tireballs and Douglas shamrock beadlocks on front, Cycra probends, Oury grips. Putting a 15t front sprocket on this weekend. That thing is a torque monster! Putting T2-fourtrax bend on too. AC is working on bumpers, skids, and nerfs. IMS is working on a tank. The Predator footpegs are the same, so I've got IMS pegs on there as well. I'll be signing autographs at Indy on Saturday w/ pics of my plain-jane Pollie and me.

Bradracer18
02-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Can anyone measure and see if the stock outlaw airbox would also work on the predator?? That would be a better setup for me, when xc racing, to keep the mud out better. Thanks

Predator258
02-16-2006, 01:11 PM
the Outlaw airbox will not work on a Predator. The box would sit where your rear shock mount is. You are right though, it is a better set up for XC. I would go with an aluminum airbox from www.UMRacing.com for the Predator.

GE4x4
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey GE4X4- When you get yours, get a hold of me and I'll help ya get set up. Some things have all ready changed for the better on my bike since they were early ones. I will have my Custom Axis shocks tomorrow!!!!! Triple rate plushness!!!! I have a WER steering dampner, Razr 2 all around w/ tireballs and Douglas shamrock beadlocks on front, Cycra probends, Oury grips. Putting a 15t front sprocket on this weekend. That thing is a torque monster! Putting T2-fourtrax bend on too. AC is working on bumpers, skids, and nerfs. IMS is working on a tank. The Predator footpegs are the same, so I've got IMS pegs on there as well. I'll be signing autographs at Indy on Saturday w/ pics of my plain-jane Pollie and me.

Thanks for the reply, sounds like your Outlaw will be set up sweet. Can't wait to see it. Any pics of it? Do you know how soon the Axis will be available to the public? Also have you found a rear rim yet to fit the Outlaw? I see you got the Shamrocks why not send your rear rim in to have beadlocks put on them. Also any mods to the engine other then exhaust? 15t front seems high so that Outlaw must have some torque to carry that gearing through the woods. Sorry for all the questions.:)

calds650
02-17-2006, 08:12 AM
sunshine Due you know what the difference between the W.E.R. steering stabilizer and the Precision Racing steering stabilizer are other than price?

sunshine
02-17-2006, 09:59 AM
I would assume Axis will be available once we get my set up. Other companies are working on a rr. rim. It is extremely hard to make a beadlock. The rims that are on it are pretty tough-rolled edge w/ tireballs, doesn't seem to be as big as an issue as the front would be. No other engine mods yet. Will work on that after the sprocket change to see where we need to change it. It will carry it! Ride an Outlaw w/ a pipe and stock gearing. It has retarded torque.
Don't know the exact differ between the two dampners. I've ran WER for several years and it works great! I used to run the Scotts before that and even though there is a huge price differ, I didn't see any riding differ. The Precision I think has more settings like the Scotts, but if the WER doesn't have as many settings and does the same job, why pay more and have more knobs to fool around w/.