PDA

View Full Version : thank the refs

bansheeguy77
02-05-2006, 07:50 PM
i hope all you steeler fans send the refs thanks for screwing us out of that game....really great way to win a game.....

450r51
02-05-2006, 07:51 PM
couldnt agree more.....bens td should not have been.

FoxRacing81
02-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 450r51

Hater....

If you look, the ball did cross the goal line. Open your eyes. Just because you didn't want them to win, doesn't mean the Seahawks lost because of refs.

user101
02-05-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm glad someone agrees with me finally...I wish I could my hands on Bill Leavy and kick his *****

knighttime
02-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 450r51

it crossed the line

seattle got lucky with the int return

your guys are chitty losers:macho

FoxRacing81
02-05-2006, 07:54 PM
The Seahawks wouldn't have won anyway. You can't honestly say we wouldn't have scored anyway.

Go yell at your field goal kicker. If I remember correctly, he missed umm....2 field goals....

user101
02-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm not gonna argue with you about who would have won...The stats show that seattle is a better team but the refs calls were horrible

02-05-2006, 07:57 PM
I think Seattle should have had one TD that the refs said they didnt have.

Wouldnt have helped them though. Go Steelers!

Should have been 40-0. Ben played chitty.

bansheeguy77
02-05-2006, 07:59 PM
lets recap SOME of the f'd up calls

bens td....clearly did not cross the line....john madden agreed

pass interference on us in the endzone? plz....john madden agreed

so right there - 7 for steelers....+ 7 for us.... end score = 14-17

but...the drive we started at the two on.....remember that catch down to the one? they call it back for holding....again they penalized us for playing football....john madden agrees.... assuming we score a td end score 24-14

without that play however, no int....no trick play - 7 for steelers...end score 24-7

and yet they penalize the person MAKING THE TACKLE for blocking....what kinda crap is that? im impressed i only smashed the remote...i am so pissed right now i can hardly type....think i hate the steelers much?

user101
02-05-2006, 08:01 PM
did yall see ben go low right after the refs call matt for it??

Honda TRX250ex
02-05-2006, 08:03 PM
yeah those refs fuc up that game

but the steelers won :D

Scooter86
02-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I have to agree. Couldn't have cared less who won, but this game may have turned out very differently if the officiating had been better. I think the NFL should try and keep whole officiating crews together for a season and then use the one that blew the least amount of calls over the course of the year for Superbowl duty.

FoxRacing81
02-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Go f*ck a football Eagle ***.

John Madden is so dumb anyway. The guy can't make a sentence that makes any sense at all. Ben did cross the line. Go bust out a ruler. The ball did cross the line. If it didn't why wouldn't the refs over turn it? The pass-interference on you guys was a bad call, I agree.

and John madden didn't really agree or disagree on the holding call. He said from that angle it didn't appear to be holding, but he argued you could called holding on any play. That really sounds like he's disagreeing...don't it?

You can't say -7 for us. It would have been 4th n 1in on the goaline. All Ben would have to do is fall over n we would be in. You can't say anything else. Because if we wouldn't have gotten a touchdown, you can't argue that any of those other plays would have happened. Go cry in a corner. the NFC sucks...period.

GO STEELERS!

-justin

BTW, Like I said before, Go blame your kicker. He coulda made it a closer game. The refs did mess up some calls, but they didn't lose it for you guys.

02-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Excuses, excuses

Even if you take away Big Ben's TD i believe their still is a 4 point differential, and you figure that they would have kicked the field goal then the score would have been 17-10, but go ahead keep crying.

trick250r
02-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77

but...the drive we started at the two on.....remember that catch down to the one? they call it back for holding....again they penalized us for playing football....john madden agrees.... assuming we score a td end score 24-14

without that play however, no int....no trick play - 7 for steelers...end score 24-7

and yet they penalize the person MAKING THE TACKLE for blocking....what kinda crap is that? im impressed i only smashed the remote...i am so pissed right now i can hardly type....think i hate the steelers much?

Keep whining, us steeler fans can enjoy this for a year. May the Bus come to rest in Detroit.

bansheeguy77
02-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
Go f*ck a football Eagle ***.

John Madden is so dumb anyway. The guy can't make a sentence that makes any sense at all. Ben did cross the line. Go bust out a ruler. The ball did cross the line. If it didn't why wouldn't the refs over turn it? The pass-interference on you guys was a bad call, I agree.

and John madden didn't really agree or disagree on the holding call. He said from that angle it didn't appear to be holding, but he argued you could called holding on any play. That really sounds like he's disagreeing...don't it?

You can't say -7 for us. It would have been 4th n 1in on the goaline. All Ben would have to do is fall over n we would be in. You can't say anything else. Because if we wouldn't have gotten a touchdown, you can't argue that any of those other plays would have happened. Go cry in a corner. the NFC sucks...period.

GO STEELERS!

-justin

BTW, Like I said before, Go blame your kicker. He coulda made it a closer game. The refs did mess up some calls, but they didn't lose it for you guys.

insults are really not necessary k? maybe you need glasses, or watch a little more football....and play some while you are at it.....the game isnt meant to be played like golf...its a contact sport....the steelers were allowed their fair share....we were too....well no im sorry we were not....and exactly any play can be holding...why that one? cause it wasnt....cowher would have kicked a field goal....its the superbowl...ya dont play like a retard....and well.....i will let others reply to your rude incorrect comments.....and defuse the situation

FoxRacing81
02-05-2006, 08:16 PM
4th down and 1in. 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. You're teams gettin the ball at the half. You go for it, you make it, you get 7 points. You go for it, don't make it, the other teams on the 1in line. You have a very good chance of getting a safety. If you don't, times running out and you're getting the ball after the half. You're telling me, you wouldn't go for it?

xx3003xrdrxx
02-05-2006, 08:18 PM

HOLY ****! Quit your *****ing already my god!!!! The steelers beet them fair and square , they played 60 minutes of god damn football. John madden agrees huh?????????? welll **** , John Madden would tell you that the effing Seahawks qb could throw a football 200 yards UNDERWATER!!!! But it dont mean ****! They still lost . HELL YEAH STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bansheeguy77
02-05-2006, 08:19 PM
4th down and 1in. 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. You're teams gettin the ball at the half. You go for it, you make it, you get 7 points. You go for it, don't make it, the other teams on the 1in line. You have a very good chance of getting a safety. If you don't, times running out and you're getting the ball after the half. You're telling me, you wouldn't go for it?

once again...SUPERBOWL....close game....what if you dont make it? exactly.....did u not hear madden say "when u always listen to the fans you usually end up one" you go for the guartanteed points....i take it you are a new football fan eh?

FoxRacing81
02-05-2006, 08:20 PM
once again...SUPERBOWL....close game....what if you dont make it? exactly.....did u not hear madden say "when u always listen to the fans you usually end up one" you go for the guartanteed points....i take it you are a new football fan eh?

Not at all. I'm a Steelers fan. I watch Steeler games. I know what a Steelers coach woulda done.

-Justin

Pappy
02-05-2006, 08:20 PM
i heard that the steelers ball chopping commitee was on its way up 81 to fix Mike's anti steeler hater attitude:devil:

i thought it was a boring game, half time came and i went back in the shop and cranked up some tunes. the commercials i saw were ok, but the streaking sheep was cool:devil:

xx3003xrdrxx
02-05-2006, 08:21 PM
are you seriously like OCD about John Madden ?

JOHN MADDEN IS GOD! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO STILLERS :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

bansheeguy77
02-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Not at all. I'm a Steelers fan. I watch Steeler games. I know what a Steelers coach woulda done.

-Justin

sorry just checked otu your profile i will quit arguing with you....wont win.....where is mofo and knighttime at? the only steeler fans ya can have a ligitimate argument with....

hondaracer2001
02-05-2006, 08:25 PM
they both played a h*** of a game....but the Steelers came out on top...so quit ur whining jeezz....

FoxRacing81
02-05-2006, 08:28 PM
sorry just checked otu your profile i will quit arguing with you....wont win.....where is mofo and knighttime at? the only steeler fans ya can have a ligitimate argument with....

How come? Just because you can't make a good point against a 15 year old?

And I'm so terribly sorry that your amazing Seahawks didn't win....I'm in tears now...:(

400EXtreme
02-05-2006, 08:30 PM
i liked the steelers but ben wasnt in. It was under his stomach the hole time. And the pass interference in the end zone was a bad call to. But damn who else liked that reverse then pass to ward for td i thought it was b e a utiful.

derekhonda
02-05-2006, 08:31 PM
How come? Just because you can't make a good point against a 15 year old?

Hahahahahahahaha........................

............hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

02-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Even if you guys keep arguing about if the refs made bad calls or not, do you honestly think that the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl? Seahawks have next year. And if they are so good, they should win next years unless they face the Steelers again. :D

Quad Boy 660r
There were some good commercials, some BS calls, and I was gone BEFORE halftime.

Congrats Steeler fans.

BTW, did anyone watch Supercross today. It was Anhiem 3.

Bubba went down 3 times(got 8th), RC won, and Tedesco got his first podium. It was a pretty good race

250xdude
I personally liked both teams in this game, and I love Bill Cower, and I am glad to see him raise the prize;
but those refs screwed seattle, I couldn't believe the crappy calls against them all game, My opinion was Ben did not cross the goal line and the instant replay proved inconclusive. I would've like to see the outcome if the officiating was not so one sided.

xx3003xrdrxx
HAHA yah pretty much he cant make a reasonable point ....

That reversal was amazing , Such an awsome play! Let alone in the superbowl , bill cower and the boys sure got some balls to be pulling that out of there *** in such an important game

02-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Man, before halftime they had the picture of the Steelers scoring their first touchdown. And the ball was right on the line, but I'm not a big fan of football. If the ball is on the end zone line, does it count as a touchdown? If only I could find the picture...:(

Hondadudeehhhh
02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
ben had an obvious touch down, i bet stevie wonder even saw he had a touchdown. The below the waste block on Hasslebach was just rediculous, i didnt even understand it. I didnt really care who won this game, i just wanted Jerome Bettis to win at home. I thought it was a fair reffed game, reffs make mistakes just like normal people. Neither time was very affective on offense, Alexander couldnt move the ball and Roethlisberger couldnt get anything going until the second half. It turned out to be a pretty good game in my opinion.

knighttime
02-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Man, before halftime they had the picture of the Steelers scoring their first touchdown. And the ball was right on the line, but I'm not a big fan of football. If the ball is on the end zone line, does it count as a touchdown? If only I could find the picture...:(

yes its a touchdown if any part of the ball crosses any point of the goal line.

w/o Big Bens bad interception, this game would have been a blowout.

Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the greatest days of my life, lol. :bandit:

I'm not sure how I would have handled it if they lost :ermm:

But I never have to find out, lol, GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

user101
02-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Did yall see that preview for the movie "click" with adam sandler....I really wish I had that clicker so I could show you guys that Ben didn't have that TD.

Hondadudeehhhh
02-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by user101
Did yall see that preview for the movie "click" with adam sandler....I really wish I had that clicker so I could show you guys that Ben didn't have that TD.

how did you not see he crossed the line? Sure the ball was behind the line after he got hit, but the ball DID cross the line... touchdown

JTRtrx250r
02-05-2006, 09:00 PM
That ref was payed off , I cant beleive they took the 1st hawks td away but give it the Steelers QB for sweepin' it in. The BS call on the 1 yrd line was when I knew it was a joke, botten line... the outcome would NOT have been the same. As I see it, you can give me something.. I'll take it, but damned if I'd feel like I EARNED it:rolleyes: If the "bought" ref didnt take Seattles 1st TD away, and didnt make the BS call on the 1st yrd line... it would have been a completely diffrent story! Seattle won that game and I could give a flyin' **** who says what!;)

02-05-2006, 09:24 PM
thanks refs from steeler country

02-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
how did you not see he crossed the line? Sure the ball was behind the line after he got hit, but the ball DID cross the line... touchdown

after he was completely down...my 4 yr old even said the ball didn't cross the line

TheX1992
02-05-2006, 09:38 PM
After reading this thread, I feel like I just walked into a pre-school where they are fighting over who gets the last pad for nap time. As for Ben's TD, the ref's can only view it in full speed, not Slow-Motion like we can on TV. If they say it's in, then it's in. They have more than one ref looking at it. What they say goes.

Steelers won. If you don't like it, or are going to sit and whine about the ref's, become a ref yourself and do something about it. I can see this thread closing REAL quick.

DAB516
02-05-2006, 09:39 PM
The ball doesn't have to cross the line. All that has to happen in order for it to be a touchdown is for some part of the ball to be atleast within the white line. It was close but if anything there was not enough footage to show that it wasn't in. THerefore it could not be overturned.

Rich250RRacer
02-05-2006, 09:57 PM

What's this "us" bullchit, were you out there in a uniform? Don't think so. The Steelers didn't even have to play their best game to beat the best the NFC had to offer.

twisted threads
02-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
. The Steelers didn't even have to play their best game to beat the best the NFC had to offer.

:ermm: Yep your right. They had the refs there to help them out.:rolleyes:

Anyways the Steelers won and If the Seahawks would have executed a little better they would have won. Some of calls were major momentom killers for the Hawks but thats the way it goes. By the way there are tons of people that feel ripped off this year about the refs.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=821&threadID=3134345&lastPostID=19288749

MAaudioX10
02-06-2006, 02:44 AM
I didn't follow a lick of football this year. Heck, I didn't even know who was playing, much less cared who won. I just wanted to watch a good football game.

If that is what the NFL calls a win. Then they can keep there damn sport! Disgraceful exibition of "sportsmanship" and honor. I only watched for the commercials. They rolled out the aging Rolling Stones band, which was god awful.

Thank god for that FEDEX commercial with the caveman punting the dinosaur, otherwise, there would not have been any redeeming qualities in that broadcast.

I don't see what anyone should be proud of. Both teams played horrible. The steelers just had the help of some blind refs.

Yeah!? Go Steelers.:rolleyes:

MOFO
02-06-2006, 03:59 AM
All I can do is sit back and laugh at these posts....its not even worth my time to respond. All I see is alot of sore haters that cannot accept the Steelers won the Superbowl. Hmmmmm... where did Philly end up again...LMFAO!

At the end of the day...guess what kids, Steelers WON! They are the World Champs - end of story!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guy400
02-06-2006, 04:30 AM
Ben's TD was a very close call and I do happen to agree with the refs final call. The call on the field was a TD (albeit delayed) but the replay did not have clear evidence that it didn't cross so that's a TD. However, the rest of the calls the refs made were poor. The offensive interference in the end zone was terrible considering just 10 feet before that the defender pushed well beyond 5 yards. The holding calls against Seattle were the real killers. Some of those were so ticky-tack but if you're going to call them, call them against both teams.

bansheeguy77
02-06-2006, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by MOFO

At the end of the day...guess what kids, Steelers WON! They are the World Champs - end of story!

not in my mind chump....haha we didnt argue as much this year...gotta make up for it next year :devil:

glad im not the only one who feels this way about all the calls....i stated my points i dont have the time to sit here and respond to every single comment like i would like to :macho

MOFO
02-06-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Ben's TD was a very close call and I do happen to agree with the refs final call. The call on the field was a TD (albeit delayed) but the replay did not have clear evidence that it didn't cross so that's a TD. However, the rest of the calls the refs made were poor. The offensive interference in the end zone was terrible considering just 10 feet before that the defender pushed well beyond 5 yards. The holding calls against Seattle were the real killers. Some of those were so ticky-tack but if you're going to call them, call them against both teams.

I think you need to have your HDTV calibrated. On mine, replay after replay it was clear he broke the line, then was pushed back. In the NFL, that is a TD.

If he did not reach the goal line, after reviewing the play, they had CLEAR shots and would have over turned it. Either he was in or he was not. Simple call and the evidence/replay showed it.

MOFO
02-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Here is a quote from Hasselbeck

"The Steelers played well enough to win tonight, and we didn't. They should get credit. It's disappointing, it's hard, but what are you going to do?"

Funny that everyone in this thread should disagree with the losing quarterback. We won. Get over it. We outplayed Seattle...it was far from one of our better games, but we got the job done.

jwick07
02-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Man I was up, then down with my emotions the whole game. Although both teams looked a little sluggish,, and it was a little boring at times. When the Steelers pulled the reverse fake, TD bomb to Ward for a touchdown my wife while they were in the huddle for that play looks at me and said, "Here comes a reverse fake TD pass to end the game honey." I just smiled and said hope so. Then BAM game sealed and one for the Thumb was done.

I thought the commericals were worthless. Nothing special worth watching, just like watching a regular weekly game with commericals we hadn't seen before. Not Super Bowl worthy commericals.

Then with all the great American history of Motown Records and American music that came out of Detroit they roll out the aging and arthritic 60 year old British Rolling Stones. Man they were hard core in there Girly pants with glitter belts and belly shirts. Did anyone else notice the Nikes they were sporting. Man that was rockn' roll there. I watched the original gone in 60 seconds on SPEED duing halftime. I though last years superbowl half time was the absolute worst then I was proven wrong. Next year to top this we could have.....I cant think of anything worse I'll leave that up to the superbowl halftime commite I'm sure they will find a way to f it all up again.

quadmaster88
02-06-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm not gonna argue with you about who would have won...The stats show that seattle is a better team but the refs calls were horrible

you know i played football in highschool maybe most of you havnt... but the QB could be 10/10 and 400 yards passing and 400 yards rushing but if they only score 14 points and the other team scores 48 it doesnt.. matter

quadmaster88
02-06-2006, 06:35 AM
and im also the one to belive the refs arent great any game. anywhere... i mean theres a lot of pressure in the superbowl... but im sure they made mistakes and knew it was a bad call so they kind of helped the other team out and make a call for them to even out the score.... just my opinion

dober250R
02-06-2006, 07:03 AM
You won't hear 1 steeler fan say Ben was not in the end zone............................I don't know how anyone could make the right call with the replay they kept showing. The ball was in his right side and you could see Ben move it across the line while he was already laying on his side........... If they wanted the steelers to win that bad, why did they even play the game? And Matt Hasselback is a true competitor and knows he would get in trouble if he said anything bad about the game or officiating, so he's just doing the right thing by keeping his mouth quiet.

K_Fulk
02-06-2006, 07:11 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683

The calls went the stealers way but, the seahawks sealed there own fate with piss poor time management at the end of both halfs.

Guy400
02-06-2006, 08:14 AM
I think you need to have your HDTV calibrated. On mine, replay after replay it was clear he broke the line, then was pushed back. In the NFL, that is a TD.

If he did not reach the goal line, after reviewing the play, they had CLEAR shots and would have over turned it. Either he was in or he was not. Simple call and the evidence/replay showed it. I said that I agree with the call on the field that it was a TD. However, from the goal line shot I was watching the leading edge of the ball was covered by Ben's arm so you couldn't conclusively say if it broke the plane or not therefore you have to stick with the refs call of TD. I do believe that Pittsburgh deserved every TD scored, they earned them. I wasn't actually rooting for the Steelers but I was rooting for the AFC so I'm happy with the outcome. I'm just disappointed in the refs.

knighttime
02-06-2006, 08:35 AM
if you guys think the refs were bad yesterday, you should have watched the Steelers colts game. The refs sucked that game.

there were some questionable calls, but they did not change the outcome. Big Ben had the ball pushed back after he already broke the plane with it. When he was down he had the ball pushed back, so he moved it across the line. Almost all running backs do the same thing when they are down. Big Ben scored, and even if he didnt, they would have gone for it on 4th down and scored anyway.

I didnt know the Seattle fans were such babies. Must be too much starbucks and not enough beer. And if your brokeback mountain qb could have managed the clock better, you guys maybe could have made it closer.

seabirds = suck

STEELERS = NFL Champs:D

jwick07
02-06-2006, 08:43 AM
yup

exriderdude
02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
First i would just like to say that i was rooting for pitt this game and even had a bet going on the stealers.... i wanted the stealers to win this game because i hate the browns and i would have liked to rub in everyones faces that the stealers are the world and essentially the best football in the league, but just as Kevin Hench stated... i cant...

first of all, Bens TD did not go in, the ref only called the TD after he saw the ball in the endzone AFTER Ben had moved it in while he was down... but this is really a mute point because everyone knows they would have made the TD the next play anyway so thats that.

Next.. all i have to say is the pass interference in the endzone was complete bull**** and everyone knows it -- yes even you die-hard stealers fans know it was bull**** -- that is football, thats how its played and considering he got blatently hit by the corner just moments before that makes it even worse...

the holding calls... wow... beyond me, they were all pretty BS but the one where Farrier got hooked was the worst, considering the offensive lineman was in front of Farrier the whole time... i think the refs just felt bad that Farrier got owned by one arm

the last one i will comment is the tackle that Hasselback made on the interception, that one just made me laugh. They penelized the guy for making wussy play pretty much. "Oh my gooses he just threw an interception and he made the play breaking tackle!! that bs, they shoulda ran that back for a TD!! lets penalize him for that wussy tackle..." seriously, since when is making a tackle considering blocking?? rofl and why the hell would you wanna block in the first place???

as someone mentioned earlier, yes all the stealers TD's were earned (they woulda got there first one anyway) but the way they got the ball in the first place wasnt earned, it was given to them. I'm disgusted that this was the first super bowl ive watched in 4 years (work hours blow)

all in all i should be happy the stealers won -- im getting $5 -- but ill just tell him to keep it...

dober250R
02-06-2006, 09:51 AM
I wish people could spell!!!!!!!!!!! STEELERS. There is no A in stealers god damn it. I went through a drive through taco bell saturday night, and the dumb girl had Stealers written on the window!!!! I had to inform her it's spelled Steelers. (Shakes Head)

dober250R
02-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Since when did the national football league become the world football league? The steelers are NOT champions of the world. Do they play the champion from football europe and the canadian football league? Nope. Yes, they are the National Football League champions. Then again, all pro sports are rigged anyway.:macho

wilkin250r
02-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Bad calls are part of the game. A winning team should be good enough to overcome obstacles.

Pass interference in the end zone? I got news for you guys, it WAS pass interference. It was mild, it was a questionable call, but nobody in the world could say that it absolutely didn't happen. The only issue to decide is "Was it bad enough to call it a penalty?". Obviously the ref thought so.

Ben's touchdown? That's the way the rule is written, folks. Get over it. The call on the field was touchdown. The replay was inconclusive, therefore there was NOT enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. It wasn't about him sweeping the ball across after he was already down, it was about insufficient evidence to overturn the call.

The only call I thought was truly "Bad" was below the waste on Hasselback.

knighttime
02-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by dober250R
Since when did the national football league become the world football league? The steelers are NOT champions of the world. Do they play the champion from football europe and the canadian football league? Nope. Yes, they are the National Football League champions. Then again, all pro sports are rigged anyway.:macho

there are no football teams outside of the USA that would have a chance to even beat the worst NFL team. Hence the NFL champion is the World (earth) Champion.

Steelers = NFL Champs = World Champions for the 5th time

:macho

:bandit:

JLanphear
02-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Let me start off by saying I didn't care who won....

Secondly, my opinion on any of the calls is practically worthless since I'm not an NFL official.....

However, I don't think it's fair to say Seattle would still have lost if all, or even just one of those calls were different.

One call can totally change the outcome of a game....for better or for worse.

There are a lot of "what if's" that could be said.

for example.....

"What if" the touchdown counted and then Seattled kicked off to Pitts. and the return was fumbled, and then recovered by Seattle on the 20 yard line.

If ONE event during the game was different, that means that every other event after that would have been different also. Would the outcome still be the same? Possibly? But nobody knows for sure. Maybe Pittsburgh would have lost....maybe they would have won by even more.....You never know.

If someone agree's that one of those calls was wrong, they are essentially agreeing to the fact that the entire game could have turned out differently.

One other note....If I was the losing Quarterback, I would not have had an interview complaining about bad calls, missed calls, bad this or bad that. I would have done exactly what Hasselbeck did. It's called sportsmanship. A lot of things could have changed the events in the game, but complaining about them after the fact surely won't so what's the point.

Just my thoughts.

rneal
02-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Since this is a BASHING thread, lets have at it......

HAHAHA this is soo great! its awesome seeing all the Seacock trolls in here whining and crying and saying the Seacocks are gonna get revenge, the seacocks will do this, they will do that. this is great!!! i love it!!!
boooo hoo hoo..

Cry some more!!! Cry me a river.. No, cry me 3 rivers! yes there will be questionable calls, its a football game.. Did you happen to watch all the questionable calls against pittsburgh during superbowl XXX? no one ever said dallas´ trophy was tainted or any other bs than our stinkin quarterback at
the time blew the game..

We are the NEW WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

1) A receiver CANNOT PUSH OFF OF A DEFENDER for progress.

2) You can go low for a tackle, you cannot go low for a block. Ike Taylor was running with a blocker and Hasselbeck made first, low contact with the blocker... The call is good!!!!

3)Hasselbeck is lucky Foote's hand grazed his side on the fumble.... Foote had nothing to to do with Hasslebeck loosing the ball and the play could have arguably been ruled a fumble..... With out player contact, the ground CAN cause a fumble........

4) Holding was and should have been called on the play in question. The play was the definition of holding. When 2 players are colliding, spin 90 degrees, and are still making contact, there IS going to be a holding call.

The rules are the rules.......

blasterfury7474
02-06-2006, 10:52 AM
You ref blaming guys need to shut up! Both teams had 'bad' calls go for them so maybe you should just leave the game be. And for the seattle fans, if you would have just scored more points and not giving up long runs and deep throws, you still could have won. The reason Seattle lost is because they were too worried about the calls instead of scoring points!

exriderdude
02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
dober250r:

when a team wins the super bowl they are named the world champs, dont ask me why.. i have the same opinion as you

i called them the stealers cause they stole the championship without earning it ;)

rneal
02-06-2006, 11:07 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9210912

dober250R
02-06-2006, 11:08 AM
haha, i'm sorry, I didn't know you meant it like that. Thanks, sorry for being a jerk bout it.

02-06-2006, 11:27 AM
the officials turned that into one of the worst super bowls ever. no one watched it past halftime here at my college.

wilkin250r
02-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by rneal
2) You can go low for a tackle, you cannot go low for a block. Ike Taylor was running with a blocker and Hasselbeck made first, low contact with the blocker... The call is good!!!!

This was the only bogus call in the game.

Hasselbeck WAS going low for the tackle. He was not trying to block, nor was he trying to take out the blocker to let somebody else make the tackle. He was going for the tackle, WHICH ME MADE!!!

The contact with the blocker was incidental. Hasselbeck was going for the tackle, and the blocker happened to trip over him.

If you are going for a tackle, and you get low, and I attempt to block you at the same time, that's not a penalty.

And honestly, it was the QB, you can't expect him to go head-on with a defender.

Rico
02-06-2006, 12:44 PM
I think the worst part of the game was all those grown men in tights rolling around on the ground together.....:eek:

exriderdude
02-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I think the worst part of the game was all those grown men in tights rolling around on the ground together.....:eek:

i thought we were talking about the super bowl game, not the game that took place in your bedroom last night.... :p :o

jwick07
02-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Worst part was hlalf time. Were in Motown and going to have the leaders of the British Arthritis Rock and Roll play. I watched SPEED instead.

hondardr4life
02-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Ben's TD clearly crossed the line. I could give a **** less what the stats say. They don't mean ANYTHING AT ALL, Pittsburgh executed and got the big plays, and seattle didn't. Sure, I think that that offensive pass interfearence call in the end zone was very questionable, but what about when Seattle was running back the interception that Big Ben threw, and Ben obviously got blocked in the back. That was a bad call too. Who cares, its over now, quit your B!tching! It was meant to be, there is no player in the entire leauge that deserved it more that Jerome Bettis. I am so happy that they won it for him, and that he can go out on top. I will really miss watching The Bus. He is my all time favorite player. It just won't be the same. HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

Hondadudeehhhh
02-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
Worst part was hlalf time. Were in Motown and going to have the leaders of the British Arthritis Rock and Roll play. I watched SPEED instead.

Yeah the NFL is stupid for not picking kid rock, Eminem, or someone from detroit to play half time show. I was really dissapointed, probably the worst half time show i've ever seen. It would have been cool to see them mix up some artists, but they picked a band who sounded terrible. Oh well, the steelers won so i was happy. Jerome Bettis couldn't have ended his career any better; winning in his home town, having over 10 carries for close to 50 yards. I'd like to see Bettis become a runningback coach or assistant coach for the Lions, he is a really smart guy.

hondardr4life
02-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Oh yea, I could care less if John Madden agreed or not. He is queer anyways. He just needs to go have an orgy with Brett Farve or something. Honestlly, he is the most annoying sports person ever. He is a babbling idiot. The only thing I like about him is his video games, lol. Anyone who lives around the pittsburgh area and listens to WDVE has heard the comedy cut on there of them makign fun of madden for likeing Farve so much. "Brett Farve is such a good quarterback that he could throw the ball 200 yards UNDERWATER!!!". The best guys ever to broadcast a sports game (never on TV, but he was great on the radio) is Myron Cope.

blasterfury7474
02-06-2006, 04:28 PM
David can you believe these guys all whining and crying? The game is over let it go! As I said previously(sp) Both teams got bad calls and good calls. Like that push off in the endzone was a bad call. Ok nothin I can do so I say I feel bad for Seattle but stuff happens. Let it go and see what happens next year. WHILE THE STEELERS PARTY IT UP! AND JEROME WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOU!

And we can here Myron in the background... ( YOY! Let's ahll go get sum Roethlisburgers!)

KansasKidd
02-06-2006, 06:00 PM
LOOK i'm a steelers fan and even i agree that he wasnt across the line! I'm glad the steelers won, but i wish it could have been a clean win. The hawks DID get robbed out of a td, and Pitt DID get one handed to them.

Ridin' Jesse
02-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Quit being poor losers. Always gotta make excuses because you don't win, no matter what it is. I hate that lol. If you win, you win and if you lose, you lose.

FoxRacing81
02-06-2006, 06:11 PM
The ball crossed the line. The camera view from the side was even on an angle with the goal line and you can still tell it crossed. If it had been right on the goal line, you would easily see it crossed. Anyway, I agree, saying it didn't isn't going to change a thing. It was as close as it gets, I believe it crossed, along with some experts on ESPN say it did also. I watch the game again because I recorded it on my DVR. Again, I saw the ball cross. and it doesn't have anything to do with being a Steelers fan.

But, I must say, how bout this. How bout instead of blaming every game on the refs, blame it on the Seahawks. Blame it on their tight-end (about 4 dropped passes), blame it on there punter (4 punts when into the end zone, one punt was supposed to be a directional one because the special teams ran to that side, and the punter even kicked toward that side, instead, the ball went the other way), blame the kicker (2 missed field goals), blame the whole offense (wasting tons of time at end of 1st half and never using a timeout). They had several chances to win this game. The refs made a couple calls that were bogus, but nothing that shouldn't have been overcome if they were the better team.

-Justin

jwick07
02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
STEELERS

jwick07
02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
STEELERS

JTRtrx250r
02-06-2006, 07:48 PM
STEALERS yeah they are:D

blasterfury7474
02-06-2006, 08:35 PM
(But, I must say, how bout this. How bout instead of blaming every game on the refs, blame it on the Seahawks. Blame it on their tight-end (about 4 dropped passes), blame it on there punter (4 punts when into the end zone, one punt was supposed to be a directional one because the special teams ran to that side, and the punter even kicked toward that side, instead, the ball went the other way), blame the kicker (2 missed field goals), blame the whole offense (wasting tons of time at end of 1st half and never using a timeout). They had several chances to win this game. The refs made a couple calls that were bogus, but nothing that shouldn't have been overcome if they were the better team.)

OMG! Exactly what I'm trying to say! Were we the only people actually watching the game? They lost it for themselves. The Steelers played terrible in the first half. If the Seahawks would have taken advantage of that the would have won! But they didn't so SEAHAWK FANS SHUT UP! YOU LOST DROP IT.

SENSELESS IN SEATTLE!

jason43050
02-06-2006, 08:49 PM
tell me what game the refs made all good calls? not too many in nfl and college, they sucked this year! Go Browns!!:eek2:

user101
02-06-2006, 08:54 PM
If next season starts off with the refs obviously favoring one team I'm done with the NFL, and I think we should all do the same.

Check out that forum on ESPN, there is over 13 pages of people from all over the country who agree that Seattle was screwed...Even some steeler fans agree. That's got to tell you something right there.

I agree that Seattle played poorly. So did Pitt. It has got to be the worst game I've ever watched.

I also agree with whoever asked If anyone watched Pitt/Indy game. Pitt got screwed on some calls then and yalls Good Ol' Bus f'ed up big time at the end. If Ben wouldnt have made the tackle Indy would have won. But when Matt H. makes the tackle out flys the damn yello flag.

02-06-2006, 09:26 PM
i would rather lose a good super bowl then win one like that. that one is going down in the books as one of the worst super bowls ever ive heard from a few people. When the Titans lost to the rams it was fair and a good game. yours was disgraceful and a black eye to the NFL due to the officials

K-Dub
02-06-2006, 09:38 PM

Thank you for agreeing to my 10 year old argument that the Steelers where the better team in SBXXX. They dominated Dallas in the stats and lost that game. So our 95 team was better than Dallas's 95 team and we shoulda had one for the thumb 10 years ago.

The offensive interferince call in the endzone should not of been called in my opion but Jackson did clearly push off, albeit not that much of a push. To me Hope sold it just like a foul in basket ball. I dont watch much NBA but can remember people saying how great Jordan was at selling a foul. So Hope sold a pass interferince call.

02-06-2006, 10:14 PM
The Seahawks wouldn't have won anyway. You can't honestly say we wouldn't have scored anyway.

Go yell at your field goal kicker. If I remember correctly, he missed umm....2 field goals....

Say what???? Ahhhh, they did in fact score the first touchdown, and the stupid ref called offensive pass interference!!

02-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Rumor has it in the record books this SB will have an asterisk next to it! Only fitting I suppose, "referee enhanced" victory!

02-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Scooter86
I have to agree. Couldn't have cared less who won, but this game may have turned out very differently if the officiating had been better. I think the NFL should try and keep whole officiating crews together for a season and then use the one that blew the least amount of calls over the course of the year for Superbowl duty.

He wasn't going to overturn it! Didn't you watch the game? They talked and showed an interesting stat that the head official (you know, the one who makes the decision on whether to over turn a call) had the lowest overturn percentage of calls in the entire nfl this year!!!

If you watch the replay of the side judge who hesistated, then started running over closer to the QB, then indicated touchdown. Well he got closer and saw that after Ben had bounced into the end zone that then and only then was the ball across the goal line. What a dumbass official! Of course at that time he was over the goal line!!

02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
All I can do is sit back and laugh at these posts....its not even worth my time to respond. All I see is alot of sore haters that cannot accept the Steelers won the Superbowl. Hmmmmm... where did Philly end up again...LMFAO!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They will now be officially called the "Stealers"! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knighttime
02-06-2006, 11:59 PM
/
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA

when Bum Phillips was coach of the Houston Oilers, he was gonna kick in the door; he even had bad *** Earl Campbell and couldn't do it. The city of Houston mayor lost a bet to the Pittsburgh mayor and the houston guy lost of course and had to wear Steelers, but he made it stealers.

so whatever you call it

Pittsburgh Steelers = NFL/World/Inter-Galactic:eek2:/CHAMPIONS

JOEX
02-07-2006, 12:13 AM
30 more minutes and Monday QuarterBacking will be over:macho

knighttime
02-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
30 more minutes and Monday QuarterBacking will be over:macho

its already tuesday where im at :eek2:

JOEX
02-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
its already tuesday where im at :eek2:
:cool:

http://www.time.gov/

:D

knighttime
02-07-2006, 12:36 AM
i hope all you steeler fans send the refs thanks for screwing us out of that game....really great way to win a game.....

STFU

:cuss:

MOFO
02-07-2006, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i would rather lose a good super bowl then win one like that. that one is going down in the books as one of the worst super bowls ever ive heard from a few people. When the Titans lost to the rams it was fair and a good game. yours was disgraceful and a black eye to the NFL due to the officials

Wow.... you really are a sore loser (funny, your not even a Seahawks fan either). Get over it. We won, the Steelers are superbowl champs. If you dont like it... quit watching. :rolleyes:

MOFO
02-07-2006, 03:45 AM

and your fans will become the offical cry baby's of the NFL.

waaaaaaaa.... cry us a river. :rolleyes:

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 03:52 AM
some of you REALLY sound stupid!:rolleyes:

jdwxv3
02-07-2006, 04:11 AM
Even if Ben did not make it in Pit has "The Bus" and he could plunge in on any defense from 1 inch. As for the Holds and interference call....I agreed, you can not fish hook a guys jersey and you can not push off on a pass. As for the bad start thing, I would rather peak in the middle and end of the game than at the start. Hassleback could not handle the pressure and I think Seattle should have relied more on Alexander. I hope Seattle never makes it to another Super Bowl because for some reason I have never ever liked them. GO CHEIFS!!! :D

MOFO
02-07-2006, 04:37 AM
My question is this. Are any Seahawks/Anti Steeler fans going to blame Seattle? 2 missed field goals, dropped key passes, did not run the ball well and manage the clock like crap.

If they would have made those 2 field goals, or gotten close to make them, get the running game going, made a few more of the dropped passes, they could have won the game possibly - JUST by executing and completing a few more plays...

But hey, its the year 2006.... way easier to just blame the ref's, right? :rolleyes:

jwick07
02-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Even if Ben did not make it in Pit has "The Bus" and he could plunge in on any defense from 1 inch. As for the Holds and interference call....I agreed, you can not fish hook a guys jersey and you can not push off on a pass. As for the bad start thing, I would rather peak in the middle and end of the game than at the start. Hassleback could not handle the pressure and I think Seattle should have relied more on Alexander. I hope Seattle never makes it to another Super Bowl because for some reason I have never ever liked them. GO CHEIFS!!! :D

Hey do you know Jeff Howland from Jefferson City, he is your age. I went to college with him at Fort Hays State Universtiy. He ran cross country there in Jeff city, along with Pat and Tony. Crap cant remember Pat or Tony's last names.

initall
02-07-2006, 06:49 AM
That or the real blame could be on seahawks kicker 3 fg missed

he should be fired

jdwxv3
02-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Hey do you know Jeff Howland from Jefferson City, he is your age. I went to college with him at Fort Hays State Universtiy. He ran cross country there in Jeff city, along with Pat and Tony. Crap cant remember Pat or Tony's last names.

No I dont rember him....I graduated in 98 then I went to the University of Missouri Columbia. I will look in my year book sometime.

Steve-O
02-07-2006, 07:46 AM
My question is this. Are any Seahawks/Anti Steeler fans going to blame Seattle? 2 missed field goals, dropped key passes, did not run the ball well and manage the clock like crap.

If they would have made those 2 field goals, or gotten close to make them, get the running game going, made a few more of the dropped passes, they could have won the game possibly - JUST by executing and completing a few more plays...

But hey, its the year 2006.... way easier to just blame the ref's, right? :rolleyes:

no Stealer fans had had problem when Joey Porter called out the refs for the indy game!?!?
Cant fault a kicker for missing 2 field goals over 50 yards
Stevens didnt drop the pass in the 3rd quatrer that would of put them on the 1 yard line ready to take the lead. what happens then? mystery holding call again for the 3rd time on key Seattle plays
Shaun ran for more yards that anyone else in the postseason against the Stealers.
Big Ben was 9/23 with two int's and a QB rating of around 30.
:rolleyes:

Refs ruined what could of been a great super bowl

jwick07
02-07-2006, 08:03 AM
the Steelers still beat Indy didnt they you cry baby Seahawk fans.

Any great team can over come the mistakes that the boys in the stripes make. GET OVER IT THEY LOST

02-07-2006, 08:08 AM
"here we go stealers, here we go"

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jwick07
02-07-2006, 08:12 AM

jwick07
02-07-2006, 08:13 AM

jwick07
02-07-2006, 08:13 AM

jwick07
02-07-2006, 08:14 AM

jwick07
02-07-2006, 08:14 AM

jwick07
02-07-2006, 08:15 AM

jdwxv3
02-07-2006, 08:19 AM

:uhoh: :D lol!

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 09:08 AM
heres your pic:D

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 09:10 AM
part of the pre-game show:devil:

jwick07
02-07-2006, 09:18 AM
WHHAAAAAATTTTT!!!

jwick07
02-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Seahawks best player

knighttime
02-07-2006, 09:31 AM
right above your avatar says it all

TO PROTEST=U GOT SPANKED

thats what is goin' on with the seabird fans right now

You guys got beat. Your Tight-end is soft.

:scary:

jwick07
02-07-2006, 09:33 AM
YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 09:35 AM
right above your avatar says it all

TO PROTEST=U GOT SPANKED

thats what is goin' on with the seabird fans right now

You guys got beat. Your Tight-end is soft.

:scary: knightlight, theres a diffrence of earning a win,.... and havin' 1 given to you!;)

jwick07
02-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
knightlight, theres a diffrence of earning a win,.... and havin' 1 given to you!;)

Cry some more please

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 09:42 AM
ya know, I can only imagine all the cryin' if it was the other way around, you guys would'a had riots and all kinds of chit, poor "bus" wouldn't have had his limelight... and that would be a damn shame

Do you jacksticks honestly think there'd be this much controversy if it was legit... C'mon!

I personally dont even dig football, but Seattle needed it and got hosed, granted we might have EFFED-UP a few times, but we're used to that. We beat out 28 other teams to get there... WTF does that tell ya:rolleyes:

You go ahead and feel all stoked for a gift;)

jwick07
02-07-2006, 09:51 AM
I can never in my life remember so much crying about the refs and all the call were by defenation of the rules correct.

Did nobody watch the Indy game see all the calls that went against the Steelers and they STILL WON, STILL WON STILL WON

BEAT THE BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL (for the regular season) because any great team can overcome and find a way to win this

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 09:57 AM
this might not be the best view but how is this a touchdown?

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by baseballplaya23
this might not be the best view but how is this a touchdown? dude, you forgot to get the slow-mo look up at the ref... then sweep the ball across part;) :D haha

jwick07
02-07-2006, 10:08 AM
when they showed the side view when Ben dove forward the ball crossed the front plain of the endzone and then when contact was made he went backwards. Any part of the ball crossing the pain by 1/10000000000000000000000 of and inch is a TD

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 10:24 AM
ya even the ref was fu**ed up on that play. he ran to the spot signaling 4th down then once he got out there he threw his other hand up?

quads14589
02-07-2006, 10:44 AM
did u guys see the mike holmgren interview he was like we werent fighten the steelers we were fighting the guys in the striped shirts

quads14589
02-07-2006, 10:52 AM
heres a good one idk if its been posted yet.

rneal
02-07-2006, 11:20 AM
http://www.cad-core.com/steelers/hasselbeck.jpg

Tommy 17
02-07-2006, 01:04 PM
this might not be the best view but how is this a touchdown?

u guys are dumbasses... it CLEARLY broke the goal lines plane... then he was hit and pushed back... it don't matter WHERE THE BALL TOUCHES THE GROUND it just matters that at one point in the play the ball crossed the line and it did!

the sea birds are babies man!

yoshz400rider
02-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Remember that Indy vs Pittsburgh Game when Troy had an interception the NFL even came out and said it was a wrong call guess what we still found a way to win agianst the number one seed team in there dome. The best teams still find a way to win sorry. If the pass interference wasnt answer this if the defensive player pushed off and got an interception pass interference would have been called the offensive guys always get the benefit glad to see them called for it.

Steve-O
02-07-2006, 01:26 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5311792

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=keown/060207

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=thepulse

Bill Leavy. Pete Morelli. Jeff Triplette.

These are the names I'll always remember from this NFL postseason.

Sure, it would be nice to celebrate Jerome Bettis, Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward. But their work in these playoffs was really secondary to what the men in the stripes did.

Do I need to keep searching ?
:rolleyes: Stealer Fans. Your win will be forever tainted black and white

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 01:27 PM
If it so CLEARLY broke the goal line plane then why did the line judge run out with his hand up signaling 4th down? then like 5 seconds later he signaled for a touchdown?

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
u guys are dumbasses... it CLEARLY broke the goal lines plane... then he was hit and pushed back... it don't matter WHERE THE BALL TOUCHES THE GROUND it just matters that at one point in the play the ball crossed the line and it did!

the sea birds are babies man! well if thats the case... you need glasses to go w/ the rest of ya

You guys can say Seattles's a buncha babies, your all a buncha corn-fed throwbacks down there, so why should I be suprised to hear you claim something given to ya;)

OF COURSE ANY PA DUMBASS IS GONNA BE STOKED, do you really think anyone expects anything less, C'mon tammy:D

Im just flippin' you sallys some sports-tact static, but no matter what it says or what you think, I dont think the Steelers really earned that. It dont matter what I say... I can bank on an excuse no matter what:D

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 01:32 PM
If it so CLEARLY broke the goal line plane then why did the line judge run out with his hand up signaling 4th down? then like 5 seconds later he signaled for a touchdown? dude... it broke the line SO CLEARLY the ref had to go back and look at it;)

02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Steve-O

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5311792

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=keown/060207

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=thepulse

Bill Leavy. Pete Morelli. Jeff Triplette.

These are the names I'll always remember from this NFL postseason.

Sure, it would be nice to celebrate Jerome Bettis, Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward. But their work in these playoffs was really secondary to what the men in the stripes did.

Do I need to keep searching ?
:rolleyes: Stealer Fans. Your win will be forever tainted black and white

WOW, the zebra who took away Seattle's touchdown with that bogus offensive pass interference call is from Pittsburgh??!!! Gee, now it all makes sense! Shouldn't there be some kind of rule that no official should be allowed to participate in the Superbowl who is from the same state, let alone the same freakn' home town of one of the teams???!!

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rneal
02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Ben TD....
http://www.cad-core.com/steelers/beninforthetd1tp.jpg

Haggans Hold
http://www.cad-core.com/steelers/hagganshold.jpg

Pushoff 1
http://www.cad-core.com/steelers/pushoff1.jpg

Pushoff 2, notice the straight arms......
http://www.cad-core.com/steelers/pushoff2.jpg

Pushoff 3, distance gained by pushing off...
http://www.cad-core.com/steelers/pushoff3.jpg

A good Blog....

Seattle I am ashamed for you!!!!!

Yes... FOR you....

All the sad-sack sour grapes. Whining.. Embarrassing coach Holmgren's remarks. Pyper's immaturity....

With all of the questionable calls throught the playoff, why the shock now?

Bandwagon Seattle fans that barely understand this game, have watched little of it before this season, now are rules experts.

I am embarrassed for you....

Whining about officiating when your "High-Powered" offense continually started near mid-field throught the whole game and only mustered up a GRAND TOTAL of 3 POINTS other than that gift INT......

Was it a push off?
Does that call often go uncalled?
Was it actaully a penalty according to league rules?
YES is the answer to all 3...

Instead of pulling at your tear soaked heart strings looking to blame someone, instead of questioning the officials, maybe some more pertinant questions should be asked....

For example:
Where were your fans?
Why did the offense only convert 5 of 17 first down opportunities?
Why did you not support your team in Detroit?
Why did the offense completely waste away the closing minutes of both halfs by killing the clock for the Steelers?
Why so many dropped passes?
Why did you guve up so many really big plays?
Why did your kicker completely choke kicking in a perfect environment?
Why did the Offense only earn 3 points?
Why did you play so poorly that one or 2 unfortunate calls could ruin any chance of you winning the game?
Why no big plays or scored on the other 50 or 60 plays in the game?
Why did your coach just pull one of the unclassiest moves EVER?
Why the fragile mental preparedness of Stevens?
Why after so many quarters without an INT, throw one, and another should have been an easy 6 for us before Ike got the dropsys?
Why did Mr. MVP make absolutely no difference in this game?
What good is this great O-line when we barely blitz them, give Hasselbeck all night to throw, and still have so few scoring chances?
Did I mention the dropped passes?

BOTTOM LINE....

YOU LOST..... Plain and simple. And you really are looking childish right now.

Seattle's gameplan was perfect for this game (with the except of clock management). Look at the facts, Ben played ELWAY-ESQE (Elways first win, not a compliment, but will be next year), no 100 yard rusher, barely heard the names Porter or Polamalu all game, tried to pick on Taylor all night, always started in good field position, controlled the ball and clock.

Seattle did everything they wanted to.... AND LOST....

In a 60-minute game, to whine about a push off and pawn your loss on the officials!!! EMBARRASSING....

If your idiot kicker was worth anything, that pushoff would have only cost you 1 point. Now who are you going blame his, and other's poor executaion on?

For every so-called BAD CALL, there were several a bad INTs, bad drops, missed kciks, and costly mistakes,

WHINE WHINE WHINE.........

We're laughing all the way to immortality.

And hopefully, for your sake, after NFL Films immortalizes the Steelers, they'll cut your embarrassing coaches remarks so people can remember the great year the SeaHawks actually had, and not suffer this embarrassment for the rest of eternity.

I'm already looking forward to the slow motion highlights of Parker romping 75 yards untouched.. Man if only you had a ref to blame that one on....

There will never be a next time for Seattle, but just in case there is (hey anyone can win the NFC right?), next time, maybe make something happen on the 50 or so plays where no penalties were called and look like you think you can actually WIN before whining about excuses...

WAH WAH....

Good season Seattle. You DID have something to be proud of.
Sorry it has been so tainted. This is what the 2005-06 SeaHawks will be remembered for. Hahaha, the refs getting more attention than the SeaHawks. You should be used to this by now..

I doubt anyone will even remember who the steelers beat in a few years...

Immortality, here we come.

MOFO
02-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Great pictures!!! I'm just waiting for some Seattle fans to say you photochop'd 'em... :D

You also brought up great points that no one wants to touch.... its so much easier to say the ref's gave us the game. :rolleyes:

02-07-2006, 02:06 PM
If that blurry *** brown thing you are showing is supposedly the ball, then he didn't even have possession of that thing! Take a real close look at that pic, look at his left hand, it's clearly way underneath the bottom of the ball, meaning, he has no control. So if that is in fact the ball you are showing, he clearly (which is the only clear thing in this pic) did not have control, thus, no freakn' touchdown!! When he did gain control, he was not in the end zone!

NO TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make reference to immortality?? Are you freakn' serious!! That had to be the worst super bowl game with 2 of the worst teams I've ever seen compete! That game was so pathetic you Stealer fans would be better off giving it to the Seahawks, it's way too embarassing calling that one a super bowl victory!!!

rneal
02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
MOFO

Us Blitsburgh folk have to stick together.....

That and I love arguing with these 10 year olds.....

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
also if he crossed the line so CLEARLY then why is everyone in the country besides steelers fans saying that he didnt cross the line and why did Ben himself say on National television that he doesnt think that he crossed the plane?

02-07-2006, 02:34 PM
also if he crossed the line so CLEARLY then why is everyone in the country besides steelers fans saying that he didnt cross the line and why did Ben himself say on National television that he doesnt think that he crossed the plane?

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

Even the Stealers QB says the refs gave them the touchdown!!

knighttime
02-07-2006, 02:48 PM

when will the BS stop

why do you post false information

Big Ben was just on the espn show Rome is Burning. He stated that he did cross the plane of the goal line.

Please stfu instead of spreading bad info.

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 02:55 PM
how am i spreading bad info when he said it himself on the david letterman show? now you please stfu

02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
when will the BS stop

why do you post false information

Big Ben was just on the espn show Rome is Burning. He stated that he did cross the plane of the goal line.

Please stfu instead of spreading bad info.

Apparently it's not BS when 90% of the sporting news agencies out there are reporting the same thing, basically the refs gave the game to the Stealers!! Live with it!! Oh no, that big bad asterisks next to superbowl XL. You're going to hate that!!!

"One for the thumb, must be redone!!"

Here we go stealers, here we go!

knighttime
02-07-2006, 02:58 PM
how am i spreading bad info when he said it himself on the david letterman show? now you please stfu

he obviously didnt say that, or it was taken out of context.

I just watched Rome interview Big Ben. He said he crossed the plane. Maybe Big Ben had a few drinks before letterman and it didnt come out right.

And he would drink Beer, not like you seattle coffee drinkin wusses.

knighttime
02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Apparently it's not BS when 90% of the sporting news agencies out there are reporting the same thing, basically the refs gave the game to the Stealers!! Live with it!! Oh no, that big bad asterisks next to superbowl XL. You're going to hate that!!!

not one person on TV not from seattle has said the refs gave the game to the steelers. You wish that was true but its not. dont get so buzzed on coffee and relax.

02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Damn, it took you stealers long enough to finally get your fourth 1/2 championship!
Sorry, not giving you a 5th, I'll give you a 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the organization might have amputated that thumb off by now! You been repeating that one for the thumb crap now since when, the freakn' 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're almost in the same league now as the Cowboys and Forty Winers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOFO
02-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Oh no, that big bad asterisks next to superbowl XL. You're going to hate that!!!

Apparently YOU will hate it because there will be NO asterisk next to Superbowl XL Champs - Pittsburgh Steelers.

Thats the bottom line. We won, you lost. Game over.

You guys just cant let it go. Nothing will change - your team lost.

We did the impossible. Came in as the #6 seed in the AFC. Took out the #3, #2 and #1 seed in the AFC, then took out the the #1 seed in the NFC. Thats never been done before. Big Ben is the youngest QB to win the Superbowl and we broke the longest run ever in a Superbowl.

02-07-2006, 03:03 PM
he obviously didnt say that, or it was taken out of context.

I just watched Rome interview Big Ben. He said he crossed the plane. Maybe Big Ben had a few drinks before letterman and it didnt come out right.

And he would drink Beer, not like you seattle coffee drinkin wusses.

The whole freakn' game was taken out of context, by the refs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 03:03 PM
This is from David Lettermans Website Directly copy pasted

And what about that touchdown which Ben ran for? Was it really a touchdown? Ben says he didn't think he got in but wasn't going to argue with the referee when he called it a touchdown. Ben says the Steelers were ready to go for the TD on 4th down if they had to, with Ben suggesting he was to run it again.

MOFO
02-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Damn, it took you stealers long enough to finally get your fourth 1/2 championship!
Sorry, not giving you a 5th, I'll give you a 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the organization might have amputated that thumb off by now! You been repeating that one for the thumb crap now since when, the freakn' 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're almost in the same league now as the Cowboys and Forty Winers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, thats all you got...

Tell me, how many Superbowl wins do the Seahawks have? How many times have the been to the Superbowl? LMFAO!

Oh and I'm sure the entire NFL will recognize your 1/2 win...

again, weak - very weak. I refer back to my "acting like a 10 year old" post.

Oh, BTW, atleast we have a fan base that goes back to the 70's. Seattle is a weak city, especially for football. Pathetic actually, after seeing how many decided to show up and support them in the Superbowl.

We had our celebration parade today downtown. Guess how many showed up? 250,000 - 300,000... lets see another city put up those numbers.

rneal
02-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Seattle had 2,500 fans show up to comfort their Seacocks.

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 03:24 PM
ok tea-baggee's, I will admit, that pass from the receiver was pretty damn sweet!:D :cool:

BUT ONLY THAT!:D

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by rneal
Seattle had 2,500 fans show up to comfort their Seacocks. and we wanted to take them and change the name to SQUEELERS!:devil: :D :macho :D

MOFO
02-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Well I'm glad to see we can still joke around in this thread...

With that said, here is another point of view, one that I share from an Editor @ ESPN. I think the Seahawk fans need to read this...

Sorry conspiracy buffs, a loss sometimes is just a lossBy Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com
Archive
A man can do a lot of thinking during the four-hour, pedal-through-the-floorboard drive from Detroit to sweet home Chicago. Like ...

Who cares if Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw stiffed the NFL's Super Bowl MVP ceremony? It was their loss, not ours. They had a chance to be part of one of the great team photos of all time, but decided to take a pass because of family commitments, or money demands, or both. All I know is that if I were Montana or Bradshaw, I would have brought my family to Detroit for this one. It's not like they had to take a wagon train to get there. After all, how many times do you get almost all the living MVPs from SB I to XL on the same field?

AP Photo
Mike Holmgren and the Super Bowl officials, led by Bill Leavy (127), didn't see eye to eye.
But Montana, the only three-time Super Bowl MVP, told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, "I've moved on with my life. People think I need to be stuck with football the rest of my life.''

Yes, he's moved on all right ... until Feb. 25, when he's making a paid appearance at a collectors show. Autographs go for $149 apiece, photo ops for $169.

Apparently Joe has no family commitments that day.

Can we have a Franco Harris Rule? The rule states that no lead singer older than the 56-year-old Pittsburgh Steelers legend can perform during the Super Bowl halftime show.

Sorry, Mick. You and the belly shirt have to find a new gig.

And finally, can we stuff a very large sani-sock into the mouth of Seattle coach Mike Holmgren, and anyone else who says the refs had it out for the poor, little Seahawks?

The signs are very clever (Refs 21, Seahawks 10 ... or, Pittsburgh's 12th Man: The Refs), but they're bogus. It's how sore losers rationalize a final score. Worse yet, it's crying. And there's no crying in football, unless you're Hines Ward.

I know what you're thinking Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos and, yes, Seattle Seahawks. You're thinking about the way the Steelers bumbled about in Ford Field, and you're saying to yourselves: "Tell me again how we lost to these guys?''

Think about Sunday's game:

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger freaked out ... The best Pittsburgh pass of the day (and I'm stealing Michael Irvin's line here) was thrown by wide receiver Antwaan Randle El ... The Steelers' inspirational "hero,'' Jerome Bettis, rushed for a grand total of 43 yards and couldn't pound it in when Pittsburgh needed him most ... The Steelers had fewer passing yards, less time of possession, fewer total yards, and more turnovers.

And yet, the Steelers won by 11, covering the spread with ease. Conspiracy theories arrived moments later.

The refs stole it.

The NFL "wanted'' this.

The Seahawks were really the better team.

Look, the game itself was 3 hours and 36 minutes of yawns. I think we can all pretty much agree on that. I loved the story lines, but the game, not so much.

But to simply dismiss the Steelers victory as an act of referee kindness is to take a Bettis-sized leap of faith.

AP Photo
Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones need a new gig.
Sorry, but Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson pushed off in the end zone. Did it gain him an advantage? Maybe. Maybe not. All that matters is that the official standing nearby -- a lot closer than John Madden, you or me -- thought so. Instead of a touchdown, Seattle settled for a 3-0 first quarter lead.

Sorry, but Roethlisberger might have broken the plane of the goal line on his second quarter 1-yard TD dive. Or not. That's what matters, right? Not where he landed, but if the ball broke the plane? The play was reviewed and upheld. What else was anyone supposed to do? And while there are no guarantees, if the ball had been spotted just short of the goal line, the Steelers were 100 percent on fourth-and-goals this season.

Sorry, I truly don't know whether Sean Locklear held Clark Haggans on that key fourth quarter call. Even if he didn't, and it was first-and-goal from the Pittsburgh 1, then what? If you can't guarantee Pittsburgh's scoring on fourth-and-inches in the second quarter, you can't guarantee Seattle's scoring on first-and-goal from the 1. Why? Because funny things happen, like the Bettis fumble against Indy. Or Roethlisberger's underthrowing a wide-open Cedrick Wilson against Seattle, costing the Steelers a sure touchdown or a likely field goal (the ball was at the Seahawks' 7). Instead, Kelly Herndon intercepted the crummy pass, returned it 76 yards and Seattle scored three plays later.

No one can deny there were questionable calls during the game. But before Holmgren and Latte Nation start whining about playing "the guys in the striped shirts as well,'' perhaps a history lesson is in order.

The striped shirts didn't cause tight end Jerramy Stevens to drop four passes. The striped shirts didn't cause the Seahawks defense to give up a Steelers first down on a third-and-28 situation (which later led to the Roethlisberger disputed TD). The striped shirts didn't cause the Seahawks defense to give up the longest touchdown run in Super Bowl history. They also didn't cause Etric Pruitt to sprint up from his safety position, only to be fooled by the trick play that resulted in Randle El's 43-yard TD pass to Ward (and by the way, if everyone knows the Steelers like to run gadget plays near midfield, don't you think the Seahawks knew it too?). Or cause Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck to throw a killer interception with nearly 11 minutes left in the game and Seattle trailing by only four points.

Enough already with the whining. The Seahawks had their chances. Plenty of them to overcome the Steelers and, if they insist, the refs, too.

Holmgren, who didn't exactly distinguish himself in the waning minutes of both halves, is no doubt suffering some post-Super Bowl anger. Perfectly understandable, especially in front of the thousands who greeted the team upon its return to Seattle. But days, weeks, months from now, when he's able to think more clearly, he'll realize the only people to blame for the loss were wearing Seahawks metallic blue, not black and white.

Gene Wojciechowski is the senior national columnist for ESPN.com. You can contact him at gene.wojciechowski@espn3.com

MOFO
02-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Now before any Seahawk fans post, read what I posted above... I know its alot to read, especially for Seahawk fans - its alot of football talk - something your not used to... ;) :D

Great points are brought up in this article. The Steelers won and did what was necessary to win.

BTW, ANY football game can be "what if'ed" enough to make a case for the other team to win.

02-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Montana is gay, everyone knows that!!
Why do you think he played in San Francisco for anyway!!!!

MOFO
02-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Montana is gay, everyone knows that!!
Why do you think he played in San Francisco for anyway!!!!

Ahhh, I was correct. Too much for a Seattle fan to read.

That is the ONLY thing you read in that entire article? Or do you have NO comments other than calling Joe Montana gay. :confused:

FoxRacing81
02-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Ahhh, I was correct. Too much for a Seattle fan to read.

That is the ONLY thing you read in that entire article? Or do you have NO comments other than calling Joe Montana gay. :confused:

lmfao

Montana is gay though. He went to the same high school as I am right now, and he wouldn't come back without $$$.

The same reason he wouldn't go to the MVP ceromoney.

"*****" Joe as he was called in HS.

-Justin

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Pittsburgh fans cannot get the point through their head that this is not about whether all the calls against Seattle should have been overturned (some maybe, some maybe not). The point is that there are just as many OBVIOUS non-calls against them that would have screwed up all their drives too or helped Seattle. Let's see for starters what we've mentioned:

1)Horsecollar on Alexander.
2)Questionable tackle by Roethlisberger.
3)How about offensive linemen past the line of scrimmage on Ben's throw to Hines Ward right before the phantom touchdown.
4) The aforementioned phantom TD
5) The offsides on Pitt which forced the "hold" on the pass to Stephens.
6) If I had Tivo I've heard I could get a few good shots of Hines Ward pushing off that would look just like the one of DJack.
7) The delay of game.

Any more obvious ones to add?

Would the score of been different at the end of the game if those had been called? Hmmm we'll never know.

JTRtrx250r
02-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Now before any Seahawk fans post, read what I posted above... I know its alot to read, especially for Seahawk fans - its alot of football talk - something your not used to... ;) :D

Great points are brought up in this article. The Steelers won and did what was necessary to win.

BTW, ANY football game can be "what if'ed" enough to make a case for the other team to win. lmao.... nope, Im not readin' it

You guys gotta understand something (and this is coming from a non-football type dude) Seattle has basically always sucked. Im the only 1 in the household (of 6) that dont watch the game... why, well b/c we usually suck!:D This yr chit went uphill instead of rolling downhill and Seattle really busted @$$ to get as far as they did, it was almost unreal... but the chit got my attention the last few games we played (no I didnt jump on any bandwagon... was just shocked, suprised and stoked to see Seattle actually getting somewhere and ppl actually noticing them as a good team

Seattle needed it and came up short, seemed to be a cursed game w/ just about most calls. Im pretty damn proud we got that far... but wtf else can we claim? As a local Seattle-ite and growing up in Kirkland(6 miles from both practice feilds, seeing them at the local beaches, around Kirkland.. etc) it was really cool to see it getting bigger and bigger for them as a respected team w/ each game. Even I as a non-carin' mofo started to feel it enough to feel bummed.... bummed enough to keep chopin' it up w/ you spodes... YES, it kinda stings a bit:( :D

Like I said, it got my attention... we deserved it dammit! haha:D

Go ahead and tell me Im in denial... I'll deny it!:D

xcyfz450
02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
How about all the blown calls pittsburgh had this year? They just kept there head up and plugging away and managed to still win!! I've always been a steeler fan and I still am they didnt play the best game ever but the better team deffinently won. IMO

FoxRacing81
02-07-2006, 03:59 PM
If they were so obvious, they would have been called. Thats the first I'm hearing of all of those that weren't called.
Just live with it. There are tons of calls each game that you can question. Being the Superbowl, doesn't make it different from any other game.

What you Seattle fans can't get through your head is that you guys did not lose the game because of the Refs! You lost it on your own. Some of the calls might not have been great, but the refs didn't lose it for you guys!! And, whining about it will never change the outcome! There isn't going to be a re-match or anything! The best team won in this game.

How many freakin' bogus calls were there in the Steelers vs Colts game? The better team overcame the bogus calls, and still won. You guys had every oppurtunity to take this game away from the Steelers, but never did. Because you were not the better team.
The better team won.

-Justin

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 04:26 PM
If they were so obvious, they would have been called. Thats the first I'm hearing of all of those that weren't called.
Just live with it. There are tons of calls each game that you can question. Being the Superbowl, doesn't make it different from any other game.

What you Seattle fans can't get through your head is that you guys did not lose the game because of the Refs! You lost it on your own. Some of the calls might not have been great, but the refs didn't lose it for you guys!! And, whining about it will never change the outcome! There isn't going to be a re-match or anything! The best team won in this game.

How many freakin' bogus calls were there in the Steelers vs Colts game? The better team overcame the bogus calls, and still won. You guys had every oppurtunity to take this game away from the Steelers, but never did. Because you were not the better team.
The better team won.

-Justin

take a look at the seahakws stats vs the steelers stats for the game then tell me the better team won.

oh ya i found thisa bit funny but true from a foxsports writer

In Super Bowl XL, a fine effort by Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck was under-shadowed by the performance of Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger. Ben, who looks a bit like actor Will Ferrell, played a bit like Will Ferrell.

We thought 22.6 would be the average high temperature in Motown for Super Bowl week, not Roethlisberger's quarterback rating

Hondadudeehhhh
02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
take a look at the seahakws stats vs the steelers stats for the game then tell me the better team won.

In Super Bowl XL, a fine effort by Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck was under-shadowed by the performance of Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger. Ben, who looks a bit like actor Will Ferrell, played a bit like Will Ferrell.

We thought 22.6 would be the average high temperature in Motown for Super Bowl week, not Roethlisberger's quarterback rating

well when you get good field position your stats arent going to be huge as far as offense goes. Sure big Ben had a rough start, but he's 23 years old! It's the guy's second year in the NFL, hasselback has been in for like 8 years. At least Ben didnt choke like McNaab did last year

Steve-O
02-07-2006, 05:08 PM
9 for 23 with 2 int's isnt choking?!?!?:ermm: QB rating of 24.8

Hondadudeehhhh
02-07-2006, 05:20 PM

the steelers still won didnt they? Im not going to lie and say Ben had a good game, because he didnt. He was still able to make plays happen and assist his offense in winning the biggest game of the year. They went 3 and out the first 3 series, it just took some momentum to get things going.

knighttime
02-07-2006, 05:22 PM

no, choking is wasting the time at the end of both halves. thats what holmgren and his brokeback mtn qb did, lmfao

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
He was still able to make plays happen and assist his offense in winning the biggest game of the year.

assist his offense how? with a chop block during the randel el td pass? they call it on hasselbeck when he was tackling a guy then they dont call it on roethlisberger

knighttime
02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
assist his offense how? with a chop block during the randel el td pass?

you obviously dont know what a chop block is. if big ben delivered a chop block, the seabird guy would have needed reconstructive knee surgery. in other words, big ben would have shredded his knee if he was a dirty player. he isnt like that. although some of you seattle babies might make him change his mind next time ;)

baseballplaya23
02-07-2006, 05:34 PM
ok then he delivered a block below the waist. Still it was something that should have been called that wasnt.

knighttime
02-07-2006, 05:40 PM
ok then he delivered a block below the waist. Still it was something that should have been called that wasnt.

hey i dont blame your frustration, the refs didnt have their best game, but the 'hawks looked ok.

If i was a seabird fan, id be more jacked at holmgren.

* he f'd up the clock at the end of both halves
* he should have ran their mvp RB more, that dude is a good runner
* why the f' did he keep throwing the ball to that soft tight-end. that dude was scared. he dropped almost every ball his way. just catch it, you will get smashed either way.
* holmgrens' defense should have known that pass from randle el was coming
* his kicker sucks
* he should have gone for 3 first, then kicked the onsider at the the end of the 4th quarter, WTF was that dumbazz thinking.

i could go on, but thats enuff 4 now

FoxRacing81
02-07-2006, 06:17 PM

Better stats for a game, does not always mean a better team. Can't believe I'd have to explain that to someone. I'd take the team in the game who made enough plays to win over a team that were stat-sheet champs but couldn't conserve time or have recievers catch the passes they should or kickers made the kicks they should.

If you honestly think that the Seattle Seahawks are a better team then the Pittsburgh Steelers, regardless whether your a fan or not, then you need to think again. The 6th seeded Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers were 3 point favorites over the 1st seeded NFC Seattle Seahawks.

-Justin

MAaudioX10
02-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Will someone just delete this thread already! For the love of god, that game was last Sunday. Sure, I was upset but, chit people, there are bigger things in life than some damn game.

Especially, arguing about them on the internet.

I've seen 5 year olds hold more mature conversations.

04raptor
02-08-2006, 04:40 AM
i believe the seagulls can thank thier offence for that game cant drop passes, miss field goals and not getting out of bounds when in a hurry up offence

JTRtrx250r
02-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
Will someone just delete this thread already! For the love of god, that game was last Sunday. Sure, I was upset but, chit people, there are bigger things in life than some damn game.

Especially, arguing about them on the internet.

I've seen 5 year olds hold more mature conversations. LOL, I personally cant stand football dorks, but this game will be argued for yrs. Most of its all in fun but a few of these guys get all lit up like you just popped the sucklers off momma after starving for a week, each guy that posts seems to think THEY can sum it all up for everyone, typical ATVR... nothin' new

its just a game ... there will be plenty more to debate to come

;)

jsquare76
02-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I love when people argue football without knowing the rulebook. If you knew the rulebook, then you would know that almost all of the calls were right. The only one that was wrong was the INT block on hasselbeck. He missed the blocker on the tackle, if he would of made contact on the blocker, the call would of been right.

Ben's block on the WR pass was a fair play. That low blocking rule only implies when the Off becomes the Def AFTER an INT. Key words "AFTER an INT". Check the rulebook.

Now, about the Off pass interference. By the rulebook it was pass interference. Yes that call does not happen to often, but it was a correct call.

The holding call that brought back that catch at the 1 yard line, is judgement call. At real speed, the way that the Steeler fell made it look like a hold. When you slow the tape down is doesn't look as much of a hold. There is holding on every play somewhere on the field.

There was close calls that went against the Steelers also. The Hasselbeck fumble and the Steveson drop pass that should of been a fumble. That fumble would of been picked up by Pittsburgh.

There are a few reasons why the Seahawks lost and the refs aren't one of the reasons. Both teams didn't play their best game. The Steelers did just enough to win and the Seahawks didn't.

There is not one person on this website that could of did a better job than the refs did. I am not saying that the ref did their best, but they did a decent job. In no way did they lose this game for the Seahawks or win the game for the Steelers.

Before anyone replies to this post make sure you know what you are talking about and not replying with your heart!!!!

wilkin250r
02-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Here is the way I look at it. Objectively.

Every Pitssburgh fan I've seen is claiming the same thing. Of the calls being mentioned (the TD, pass interference, holding, ect) all the calls were correct.

Every Seahawks fan is claiming all the calls were wrong.

One think CAN be agreed upon. Of all the calls that were "questionable", they all benifited the Steelers. There's no denying that. And these aren't just simple offsides penalties that don't really change the momentum of the game. We are talking MAJOR calls, that determine a significant amount of points on the scoreboard.

Off all the calls in question, they helped Pittsburgh. That's enough for ME to say it's a questionable win. It's a win, no doubt, but a questionable one.

ilpadrino113
02-08-2006, 02:11 PM
ya i would have liked the seahawks to win, but they didn't. It's their own fault not the refs. Pitt just played a better game. Grow some cajones and accept defeat.

knighttime
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
ya i would have liked the seahawks to win, but they didn't. It's their own fault not the refs. Pitt just played a better game. Grow some cajones and accept defeat.

very well said

:macho

bansheeguy77
02-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Here is the way I look at it. Objectively.

Every Pitssburgh fan I've seen is claiming the same thing. Of the calls being mentioned (the TD, pass interference, holding, ect) all the calls were correct.

Every Seahawks fan is claiming all the calls were wrong.

One think CAN be agreed upon. Of all the calls that were "questionable", they all benifited the Steelers. There's no denying that. And these aren't just simple offsides penalties that don't really change the momentum of the game. We are talking MAJOR calls, that determine a significant amount of points on the scoreboard.

Off all the calls in question, they helped Pittsburgh. That's enough for ME to say it's a questionable win. It's a win, no doubt, but a questionable one.

well said wilkin....theres no going back and changing it...its over with...they "won" so what can ya do?

spincr4hire
02-09-2006, 12:39 PM
must be a new breed of dumbchit refs. Just look back at the FSU/Duke game last weekend, total b.s. Did those guys ref the superbowl, too?:o

Rico
02-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Lets discuss a real sport like ATV Racing....:macho

JTRtrx250r
02-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Lets discuss a real sport like ATV Racing....:macho there ya go, our sport requires a set a balls!:macho

02-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by jsquare76
I love when people argue football without knowing the rulebook. If you knew the rulebook, then you would know that almost all of the calls were right. The only one that was wrong was the INT block on hasselbeck. He missed the blocker on the tackle, if he would of made contact on the blocker, the call would of been right.

Ben's block on the WR pass was a fair play. That low blocking rule only implies when the Off becomes the Def AFTER an INT. Key words "AFTER an INT". Check the rulebook.

Now, about the Off pass interference. By the rulebook it was pass interference. Yes that call does not happen to often, but it was a correct call.

The holding call that brought back that catch at the 1 yard line, is judgement call. At real speed, the way that the Steeler fell made it look like a hold. When you slow the tape down is doesn't look as much of a hold. There is holding on every play somewhere on the field.

There was close calls that went against the Steelers also. The Hasselbeck fumble and the Steveson drop pass that should of been a fumble. That fumble would of been picked up by Pittsburgh.

There are a few reasons why the Seahawks lost and the refs aren't one of the reasons. Both teams didn't play their best game. The Steelers did just enough to win and the Seahawks didn't.

There is not one person on this website that could of did a better job than the refs did. I am not saying that the ref did their best, but they did a decent job. In no way did they lose this game for the Seahawks or win the game for the Steelers.

Before anyone replies to this post make sure you know what you are talking about and not replying with your heart!!!!

All I know is my wife watched the game with my son and I and even she said, "Seattle is getting shafted in this game"! Now keep in mind she hardly ever watches football unless it's OU playing for another national championship so she has no bias whatsoever!!