PDA

View Full Version : Razors, XCR'sj or Klaws

Sjorge450R
02-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Well i need new tires for my 300ex I am wondering what everyone else is running. I am looking at the Razors, Holeshot XCR's and the Kenda Klaws. All of which will be 22" 6ply fronts and 20" 6ply rears. What should I go with? What might be a good combination of two different tires?

Toadz400
02-05-2006, 08:58 PM
What do your trails look like? Hard and rocky?

If you're going to be riding a lot of rough trails I'd probably go with the Razrs, they seem to be the toughest out of them but also the heaviest. If you want the lightest tire go for the Holeshot XCR's, they are fairly light for a 6 ply. And the best all-around would probably be the Kenda Knarly, but I've HEARD from one person that they wear down fairly quick...so I'm not sure about those.

For a combination I would probably try either Holeshot/Razr fronts and Kenda rears.

quader400
02-05-2006, 09:02 PM
klaw's hands down best tire i have ever ridden

Sjorge450R
02-06-2006, 04:37 AM
The tracks that I race are full of huge rocks and ruts. I think i might get the Razors fronts and the klaws rear. How does that sound?

Toadz400
02-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Sounds good, you might even want to go with 21's or 22's in the back if ground clearance is an issue with those huge rocks and ruts. Have you gotten skidplates yet?

Sjorge450R
02-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Sounds good, you might even want to go with 21's or 22's in the back if ground clearance is an issue with those huge rocks and ruts. Have you gotten skidplates yet?
i have the chain guard skid plate. I cant get over 20" because they are going on a 300ex and the 20" inch tires are already big enough.

bwamos
02-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i have the chain guard skid plate. I cant get over 20" because they are going on a 300ex

I run 22's front and rear on my 330ex on rutted out courses. It will also give you another inch before the rocks bend up your rims. ;)

You may really want to look into a full length aluminum frame skid plate. Last thing you want is a dent in the frame between the motor and the front suspension.

Razr2 fronts for sure.
Rear I'd probably reccomend the Razr2 rear also for your conditions. May want to put a couple extra bucks in and get some rear rims with reinforcing rings. Fronts should be ok if they are 6-ply. But the rears will still take a beating, especially if you run 20's.

Sjorge450R
02-08-2006, 12:38 PM
im working on buying a frame guard its just that money is an insue right now. I think i am gonig razr 2 fronts but i still am undecided on the rear.i might just wait and see what these new ITP GNCC tires are like. Oh and i know for a fact that they will be 22" fronts and 20" rears.

IOWAracer
02-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Well i love razr's and i love kenda knarley but i desided that i am gonna run the KNarley reas and Klaw fronts they are cheaper and I seem to hook up better than with razrs ( mainly because th tread is bigger on the Knarley's) Plus i ran my razrs down pretty good and all i do is race XC i cross a black top road jsut tog et to where i practsie and i didnt liek the rate they were wearing at but oh well id go with knarley reaqrs and Klaw xc fronts

atvracer980
02-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Kenda Klaw XCR's- hands down- what other tire offers basically 2 tread patterns- one direction for soft dirt rideing conditions and switch them to the opposite sides- now you have the tread pattern for hard packed stuff- " it doesnt get anybetter than that ". plus accessorysurplus ( 1-866-777-7144 ) or their ebay site- has them for $111.90 shipped or take a chance and make a offer- I purchased a set for $105.00 shipped and recieved them in 3 days. I also know a company that offers Razr2's for $165 shipped- pm me for the info-if interested.