PDA

View Full Version : need tips for practice mx track

300ex#4
02-05-2006, 05:45 PM
IM BUILDIN A NEW PRACTICE TRACK IN THE FIELD BEHIND ME ITS ABOUT AN ACRE AND A HALF AND I WAS WONDERIN IF ANYONE HAD ANYTIPS ON WHAT I SHOULD INCLUDE TO MAKE ME A BETTER MX RIDER. I HAVE A BASIC PLAN BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS RECOMEND. THANX.

250xridamatt
02-06-2006, 05:04 AM
How comfortable are you doing doubles? If you are just starting to jump build some good sized tabletops, and when you get those down cut out the center and make it a double. Also some whoops would be nice. Its always good to practice those. Maybe a high speed straightaway into a pretty sharp turn to work on your braking.

ST87
02-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Its kinda boring but a figure 8 track really helps with your turning. It may just be me but I always was more comfortable turning left(im right handed) than right the figure 8 helped me but the figure 8 wont take up but about a 30x50 area thats how big mine is so you can still have a a mx track with jumps.

redrider410
02-06-2006, 05:30 PM
http://www.j5mx.com/Motocross%20Track%20Layout.htm

the supercross design at the bottom looks about right for an acre and a half of land if you have the right equipment

300ex#4
02-06-2006, 08:24 PM
i feel pretty comfortable with doubles but not real big ones like 80 footers in my plan i have a 40 footer drawn in and some others not so big. thanx for all the help so far if theres anyone elase out there to help please post. thanx

blasteracer24
02-07-2006, 06:26 AM
We are building an mx practice track too and we cant use equipment, but the lady said we can ride there. So we are workin on a woods section and an open section. There is a step up that has maybe 20 foot gap and its into the woods. then a steup up out of the woods then you come out of the woods and go around a berm and fly back inot the woods and a nice sand berm. It just soem trails afetr that with a small hill climb. When you come out there is a berm with some whoops out of the corner and then a really small double then a berm to single to table top. Then you come back up hti some whoops then a single and then hit the step up into the woods. We need to make the jumps bigger but this is how it is now. we have alot of whoops and different types of dirt so its a god trainer. Godd things to put on a track are jumps that you have to clear, whoops because that separates the men from the boys, a first timer can run a race and dd good if it doesnt have whoops. But off camber turns, jumps into and out of corners. If what i just said is unclear and bad punctuation and spelling are horrible sorry its early.