PDA

View Full Version : $215 for a sparks exhaust?

MoToX199
02-05-2006, 11:44 AM
there is an exhaust on here for sale thathas a prettynesty dent in it,and he wants $215shipped for it,its a sparks full syestem,does this seem good? i really want a sparks system,will this dent effect performance or sound at all? thnx!

MoToX199
02-05-2006, 11:45 AM
here is the dent...

Hyperwarrior22
02-05-2006, 12:16 PM
i wouldnt pay 215 for that Thats a Huge dent!

Eddiesanders250
02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
wow thats a big dent. I wouldnt pay that much for that either.

MoToX199
02-05-2006, 12:39 PM
how much do you guys think it is worth?

stc416rider
02-05-2006, 03:17 PM
prob 100 that dent will rob the power sooooo bad it might even be worse than the stock pipe

Honda TRX250ex
02-05-2006, 04:31 PM
you could probly fix that dent. but i wouldent pay 215 for that...

ss440ex
02-05-2006, 04:46 PM
That is a nice size dent and it can be popped out.
It is a common dent from making contact with the rear calp.
It should have been spaced out a little more from the sub frame.
As for robbing power PLEASE tell me how??????
It is no where near the center core of the exhaust!
So how would it restrict any flow?
Any one who has repack thier silencer would know that.
Its all cosmetic.
I have one with the same dent (not as large) that I will remove in a week or so when I change out the slip on.

prepracing
02-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ss440ex
That is a nice size dent and it can be popped out.
It is a common dent from making contact with the rear calp.
It should have been spaced out a little more from the sub frame.
As for robbing power PLEASE tell me how??????
It is no where near the center core of the exhaust!
So how would it restrict any flow?
Any one who has repack thier silencer would know that.
Its all cosmetic.
I have one with the same dent (not as large) that I will remove in a week or so when I change out the slip on.

How do you know its no where near the core, or has bent in the core ???? Have you looked down the center of the pipe ??? And tell how that dent can be "popped out" . I wouldn't give over $150 for it tops........

shorgasm
02-05-2006, 06:14 PM
I agree...that might be worth say $125-$150..tops...looks beat.The dent is rather large but it is on the backside.Not like you gonna see it BUT...very well could have pushed the inner screen/core in...My opinion is the inner screen IS damaged in some way.It's pretty fragile compared to the outer can.

I'd buy it for low $100's and take it apart heat it up and run something the right size down inside it to push the dent out.

ss440ex
02-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
How do you know its no where near the core, or has bent in the core ???? Have you looked down the center of the pipe ??? And tell how that dent can be "popped out" . I wouldn't give over $150 for it tops........

If you have EVER replaced packing in a Sparks X-6
You would know that,that dent is no where close to the core of the silencer .

MoToX199
02-05-2006, 06:38 PM
im going to offer 150 for it shipped,im glad i put it on here and got your guys opion,thanks,will the dent be hard to pop back out?so there is no way this taking away power? haha i dont waqnt pipe that wont add any power

prepracing
02-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by ss440ex
If you have EVER replaced packing in a Sparks X-6
You would know that,that dent is no where close to the core of the silencer .

Dude....theres no way you or anybody else can tell how deep that dent is from that pic. If the guy wants that much for it he needs to take it apart and verify that everything internal is ok with the pipe

bwamos
02-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
Dude....theres no way you or anybody else can tell how deep that dent is from that pic. If the guy wants that much for it he needs to take it apart and verify that everything internal is ok with the pipe

I am with ss440ex here. That dent is less than 1" deep. It is nowhere near the core of the pipe which is another inch away from that dent.

Now, I'm not saying the core couldn't be damaged. The sparks packing is very dense. That dent could "possibly" crush the core too. However it is very unlikely. The core is made out of some very strong crap.

I still wouldn't pay $250 for it. ;) 200 maybe, if the core is undamaged, and the head pipe is not rusted. Lookes like the guy had been running way too rich, and has some major deposits inside the pipe, so the pipe will probably need a cleaning too. Packing is probably shot.

2muchquad
02-06-2006, 10:17 AM
that dent wouldnt affect hp,im sure a dyno would say the same thing,it could be pulled out easy enough.

K_Fulk
02-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
that dent wouldnt affect hp,im sure a dyno would say the same thing,it could be pulled out easy enough.

I agree.