PDA

View Full Version : Gothic Music?

MXRACER86
02-04-2006, 07:15 PM
What are some bands that would be considered "Gothic"?

Mxjunkie
02-04-2006, 07:17 PM
cradle of filth, lamb of god, dying fetus etc

HondaEXrider22
02-04-2006, 07:19 PM
3 inches of blood, trivium, lamb of god, HIM, pantera

416exfreak
02-04-2006, 08:05 PM
goatwhore, atreyu, beaking point, mushroomhead, marilyn manson, slayer, soil work, cky, arch enemy, carcass, morbid angel, opeth, the red cord, hatebreed, cannible corpse, mudvayne, acid bath, children of bodom, malevolent creation, decapitated, danzig, anything else.................................:devil:

02-04-2006, 08:37 PM
HIM CKY Atreyu Hatebreed gothic? Umm no, try again.

blasteracer24
02-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
HIM CKY Atreyu Hatebreed gothic? Umm no, try again.

thats what i was gonna say

trx400exxracer
02-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Goth kids at my school also listen to old rockish stuff not just new head banging songs

400exc
02-04-2006, 08:51 PM
how is breaking point gothic? i can understand the rest

Pvt. Maggot
02-04-2006, 08:59 PM
If you want to listen to "gothic" music you might want to start listening to stuff from the 1100's. Gothic isn't a type of music.

cradle of filth would be considered black metal
Hatebreed is hardcore
lamb of god is extreme
cannible corpse, dying fetus ect. is death metal

If your looking for heavy stuff, you'll be better off searching for bands under those types of music.

blasteracer24
02-04-2006, 09:47 PM
sniff sniff sniff i smell.......?? poser? isnt gothic liek a religion type ish?

HondaRacer300ex
02-04-2006, 09:49 PM
ICP

ZeroLogic
02-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Cradle of filth. Dimmu Borgir. Emperor. Arch Emeny.

02-04-2006, 10:22 PM
All metal and "dark" music sucks, and really shouldn't be considered music at all. All Alternative/modern/indie rock for me:cool:

Flaming starts in 5-4-3-2

JUSTINcredible
02-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
All metal and "dark" music sucks, and really shouldn't be considered music at all. All Alternative/modern/indie rock for me:cool:

Flaming starts in 5-4-3-2

i agree with you
metal sucks

XCRACER26
02-04-2006, 11:08 PM
metal is the great. it an expression.dont hate on us we dont talk **** about your music. aqua, or what ever you listen too

450robot
02-04-2006, 11:11 PM
a perfect circle is another good one

XCRACER26
02-04-2006, 11:18 PM
let me get somethin straight. most of the music that was listed isnt gothic. gothic would be huge black pants and black sweat shirt. around here we dress in a hooded sweatshirt and Dickies. blue or black. no chains or nothing like that. Gothic I think would be considered ICP and other **** like that, they dress like freaks I dont, nor do any of my friends. oh and they are depressed

LTZ400rider
02-04-2006, 11:42 PM
pantera? gothic? nice try though :huh

Pvt. Maggot
02-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by XCRACER26
let me get somethin straight. most of the music that was listed isnt gothic. gothic would be huge black pants and black sweat shirt. around here we dress in a hooded sweatshirt and Dickies. blue or black. no chains or nothing like that. Gothic I think would be considered ICP and other **** like that, they dress like freaks I dont, nor do any of my friends. oh and they are depressed

A little sterotypical arn't we? "Gothic" people don't all wear black hoodies and baggy black pants, Think about what your saying before you say it, And nobody is a freak, people are different. Thats how it is. The mall goth kids you see at the mall are the reason its so sterotyped, because there looking for attention so they are "depressed" and cut their selfs.

XCRACER26
02-04-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm just saying the way it is at our school. I listen to metal and I'm never going to stop, but around here The ICP kids are how I stated, I will apoligize for calling them freaks because that is there expression. but it pisses me off when people say our music sucks because they dont know the story behind it. example Hate breed , jamie jasta. that dude has been through some $hit and he is expressing himself and how he feels and if some people would learn to listen they would except it.

Pvt. Maggot
02-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Music is expression. Everytime you diss someones music your dissing someones expression. Think of it that way. Music is my life, so I will listen to anything, I will give my opnion on it, but I won't ever say that its not good, because to the creator it might be amazing.

XCRACER26
02-05-2006, 12:09 AM
hey I relize it and the whole freak thing was just a impulse to try to get ppl off my back or my musics.

400EXBill
02-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Out of all the bands listed so far, only Marilyn Manson is gothic. Chemical Romance would be another gothic band.

pastfast125
02-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
pantera? gothic? nice try though :huh

My thoughts exactly.

And it pisses me off when people say like, o that kid wears all black and has a chain, he must be goth. I wear black jeans, and always have a black shirt on...the reason? I like black, it's always been my favorite color, even back when I watched barney, and yea I wear 1 chain, from my belt loot, to my wallet. Am I goth? no, epople still call me goth. PLus, I think I look like afruit in anything besides black:D Pantera is in no way goth. metal doesn't suck, probably 1 out of 100 people can play half the stuff pantera, arch enemy, metallica, or any other metal band plays. The only music I consider " goth" if thats what you wanna call it, is stuff like cannible corps, and stuff like that that talks about like a frickin monster fetus or osmething eating you from the inside out and you get raped by a rhino from the eastern border of pakistan.

But whatever, that's not goth, that's death metal. IMO, if you wanna call anything GOTH, it's all these emo kids that all they sing about is slitting their wrists and suicide and such. NO, I know all emo kids arent like that, it's just the stereo type that a lot of them have brought into the music.

400exc
02-05-2006, 09:13 AM
geesh that means all of the people with black 450r's are goth! lol but yea my chemical romance and marylin manson are the only 2 gothic bands i know

EvilJester400EX
02-05-2006, 09:27 AM
My Chemical Romance is pop-rock. Manson is just... weird? If you're going to make fun of the music or the listeners, at least know what you're speaking about.

Warnerade
02-05-2006, 09:31 AM
i listen to dashboard on the weekends when im home alone in my room with nothing to do or no one to care.

EvilJester400EX
02-05-2006, 09:35 AM

Around here, we don't have "gothic". My friends and I all wear girl pants, youth large shirts, and dance at our shows. Personal preference, I guess..

416exfreak
02-05-2006, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
[B]All metal and "dark" music sucks, and really shouldn't be considered music at all. All Alternative/modern/indie rock for me:cool:

you know that is how i feel about your opinion? right?

Titanium
02-05-2006, 12:03 PM
All goth's aroun here listen to EMO music. its gay.

Jake250ex
02-05-2006, 12:11 PM
seether is really hard too :macho

EvilJester400EX
02-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
[B]All metal and "dark" music sucks, and really shouldn't be considered music at all. All Alternative/modern/indie rock for me:cool:

you know that is how i feel about your opinion? right?

lmfao. That's the best picture, everytime I see it I almost potty my pants.

bansheeguy77
02-05-2006, 02:28 PM
how about....ya just not try to listen to a certain "classification" of music...and rather listen to all those bands listed.....pick out what u like...and go with that....hell i listen to 75% of the ones listed.....some of my other favs are, brooks & dunn, garth brooks, nickelback, staind, kenny g, josh groban....i like some of britneys music, some bsb is good....does that make me any less of a person? no....its just not trying to fit into a classifciation and being yourself.....thats what its all about....listen to what u want...not what the lifestyle you are trying to fit into likes....

400exc
02-05-2006, 02:32 PM
seether is some good rock, but not gothic

Hondadudeehhhh
02-05-2006, 03:13 PM
hawthorne heights shapes my lifestyle.

pastfast125
02-05-2006, 08:29 PM
LTZ400rider..check ur PMs

MXRACER86
02-05-2006, 09:35 PM
jeezz, this got more replys than i thought! But anyways, I just wanted to know some "gothic" bands, Im not trying to fit into any thing! lol, you guys are too much!

toby400ex
02-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
My Chemical Romance is pop-rock. Manson is just... weird? If you're going to make fun of the music or the listeners, at least know what you're speaking about. No chit, some people round these parts need to be ridin the short bus.:ermm:

Bigun55
02-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Well i didnt know there was suck a thing as gothic music, Gothic is a religion aint it? But now most of them band you all named off like Trivum and atreyu they aint gothic at all.....

400EXBill
02-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
My Chemical Romance is pop-rock. Manson is just... weird? If you're going to make fun of the music or the listeners, at least know what you're speaking about.
Well excuse me Mr. Knowitallaboutmusic.....Wish I could be as cool as you. :rolleyes:

quadmaster88
02-06-2006, 01:46 AM
metal is the great. it an expression.dont hate on us we dont talk **** about your music. aqua, or what ever you listen too

well lets see... metal is the now... metal emo screamo....

started of with blues and country then went a little southern rock then added more electric guitar and went on from there...evolved into thrash metal then into grunge and into like emo type thrash the into emo then into screamo and then to hardcore... just everything evolves... people thought kiss was a devil gothic band... but theyre just soft old classic rock....soon 6 feet under cannibal corpse will just bemusic like everything else adn itll go into stuff like deighmu borguirand high pitch screams with low growls onthem and things will begin to slow down and just go crazy... evolving into foxy shazam and horse the band... dillenger escape plan...

Warnerade
02-06-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by 400EXBill
Well excuse me Mr. Knowitallaboutmusic.....Wish I could be as cool as you. :rolleyes: its not a matter of being cool, its a matter of simply knowing what the hell your talking about before you hit that reply button. You could never be as cool as the jester, evne if you did know it all, like he does.

take a seat scooter.

blakefoote
02-06-2006, 07:02 AM
HIM, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold.....:ermm:

EvilJester400EX
02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by 400EXBill
Well excuse me Mr. Knowitallaboutmusic.....Wish I could be as cool as you. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to offend you? I'm in a band, I am friends with most local bands around here and some in other states.I deal with music more than quads? I was simply making a joke, sorry that you could not see through my sarcastic humor (most of my posts have sarcastic humor, for future reference.)

02-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by blakefoote
HIM, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold.....:ermm:

NOT GOTHIC.

NONE of that music any of you posted is gothic. There is no certain type of music for gothicism or whatever its called. All the music you guys posted is the stereotypical 7th grade gothic music.

blakefoote
02-06-2006, 03:41 PM
NOT GOTHIC.

NONE of that music any of you posted is gothic. There is no certain type of music for gothicism or whatever its called. All the music you guys posted is the stereotypical 7th grade gothic music.

ok wise guy lets here your manly non-7th grade bands???:eek:

400exc
02-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Slipknot, and avenge sevenfold are not gothic at all, they are pretty cool rock bands, and slipknot is like one of the best around

02-06-2006, 05:45 PM
ok wise guy lets here your manly non-7th grade bands???:eek:

Did I say they were 7th grade bands? No. What I said was thats what kids consider gothic in 7th grade.

blakefoote
02-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exc
Slipknot, and avenge sevenfold are not gothic at all, they are pretty cool rock bands, and slipknot is like one of the best around

well if they arent gothic then why do they have that lil gothis symbol on there CD? I mean i dont know anything about this mess I just know that that lil symbol on there CD is that anti-christ thing...but I know that Him ig Gothic I mean come on.....

02-06-2006, 06:08 PM
well if they arent gothic then why do they have that lil gothis symbol on there CD? I mean i dont know anything about this mess I just know that that lil symbol on there CD is that anti-christ thing...but I know that Him ig Gothic I mean come on.....

I used to listen to Slipknot like it was my job, I read millions of interviews and **** and they even say they aren't ''gothic'', the symbol is just there style or something. Kinda like how Rammstein pretends to be gay on stage, but their not in real life, same with Turbonegro. And if "ig" means is, you've got to be kidding me...HIM gothic? oooooooooookkkkkkkkkk Why are the gothic? Because they were black and eyeliner and ****?

416exfreak
02-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
No chit, some people round these parts need to be ridin the short bus.:ermm:

uhhh, dude i already ride that bus(DEE-DEE-DEE):blah:

rollie
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Well with some of the bands posted i guess we could consider "Turbonegro" a gothic band, because thay have a song titled "all my friends are dead":eek: :eek: :eek: :huh

Matt37
02-06-2006, 07:44 PM
The gothic people that were in my high school were homos.

They did stupied stuff to try to get attention.

If you are really that depressed go away forever or something.

Sorry, but gothic people piss me off ALMOST as much as Hippies.... but no quit.

blakefoote
02-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I used to listen to Slipknot like it was my job, I read millions of interviews and **** and they even say they aren't ''gothic'', the symbol is just there style or something. Kinda like how Rammstein pretends to be gay on stage, but their not in real life, same with Turbonegro. And if "ig" means is, you've got to be kidding me...HIM gothic? oooooooooookkkkkkkkkk Why are the gothic? Because they were black and eyeliner and ****?

well eather way....if that eye liner isnt gothic than they are gay...:ermm:

zforcefx
02-06-2006, 11:18 PM
If "gothic" people wear black all the time to get attention does that mean Johnny Cash was gothic?...someone of ya need to think before ya speak...

jackson15
02-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
If you want to listen to "gothic" music you might want to start listening to stuff from the 1100's. Gothic isn't a type of music.

cradle of filth would be considered black metal
Hatebreed is hardcore
lamb of god is extreme
cannible corpse, dying fetus ect. is death metal

If your looking for heavy stuff, you'll be better off searching for bands under those types of music.

Thank you.

quadmaster88
02-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by jackson15
Thank you.

your welcome

ballz2thewall
02-08-2006, 12:57 PM
:huh All this fuss about what music is goth and what isn't is a bunch of nonsense! I mean come on, did you ever hear the saying " To Each His Own"? Everybody has different opionions (sp), this is as bad as the ford,chevy, and dodge crap! Evryone is intitled to their own opionion and if someone say's something is goth, maybe just maybe they feel that it is goth. Does this mean you have to feel that way also? Last time I checked, ummmmmmm.............NO!

Atkins
02-08-2006, 01:26 PM
How is Slayer gothic?:huh

FoxRacing81
02-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I never knew there was gothic music? To me it was metal or gay. haha...just kidding, but seriously..Would gothic music be what gothic people listen to?

Baaa...too confusing for me..

-Justin

MXRACER86
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
LMAO!!! Im so sorry I even started this thread, Just let it die!!!!!!