PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ball joint's on a 300 Ex..

Redline
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
I am doing the conversion of the 300 EX A-Arms to the 400 EX A-Arms during this process the rubber boots for the ball joints got ripped. Do they sell just the rubber part of the Ball joint and if they do where might I find them at????

Also does anyone know if the Stock Tie rods from a 400 will be the right length or am I going to have, to have new ones made.

RRP
02-04-2006, 07:02 PM
I don't think the boots are replaceable.The 400ex tie rods are the right length that you need.

TarheelRedRider
02-04-2006, 08:40 PM
I tell you how to get the boots. The boots off from a Toyota land crusier tie rod ends. You can cut your boots off and these use a clip to hold them in place and will work the same way on yours. You can even cut the old ball joints off your a arms and bolt the Yota joints in place of your old loose ones. You can buy the Yota joints form any auto parts place. They are very cheap to buy. ;)

TarheelRedRider
02-05-2006, 07:02 AM
I forgot to add this. The Toyota Land crusiers has grease fittings and the Toyota four runners dont. But both will work. And be sure you ask for tie rod ends NOT ball joints. The ball joints for atvs are the same as tie rod ends for an automobile. But the ball joints on an automible are way too large for an atv.

Redline
02-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Thank you very much that is what I needed to know...

TarheelRedRider
02-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Your welcome.