PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted

02-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Ok..heres the scoop. I just bought a srp steering stabilizer for my R. The instructions say to mount it to the cross brace under the gas tank. My problem is that I use the factory intake snorkel that takes up one side and I have an oversize gas tank that doesn't allow me to clamp on to the other side. So I either remove the snorkel or attach somewhere else. I am starting to think I should remove the snorkel. Do many people use the factroy snorkel anymore?

I have works shocks and the rezzies mount to the two down tubes behind the front bumper, so attaching the stabilizer there doesn't really work either. I am also hesitant to have the stabilizer sticking out the front because it I work to hit something and crush my front bumper I would probably ruin the stabilizer and other stuff.

I did a search on this topic but it didn't really help much.

You guys have any ideas where I should mount it?

beerock
02-04-2006, 05:49 PM
i never used the snorkel. i dont even think chris borich used it in gncc, not sure on that though...

i would cap off the snorkel and run a outerwears on top of the air bof, or if you really want it to keep dry, make a foam cover for the airbox out of a uni type flat filter material

02-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Anybody have any close up pics of the stabilizer mounted under the gas tank to the crossbrace?

86RMike
02-06-2006, 08:24 PM
I mounted mine on the left lower frame behind the upper control arm rear mount. I had to machine out the channel to fit the larger frame channel. I like the position it is at because I can adjust It while I am ridding with out having to let off the throttle or stop and this is where my Axis rear shock resivoir adjuster is I think it works great.

02-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by 86RMike
I mounted mine on the left lower frame behind the upper control arm rear mount. I had to machine out the channel to fit the larger frame channel. I like the position it is at because I can adjust It while I am ridding with out having to let off the throttle or stop and this is where my Axis rear shock resivoir adjuster is I think it works great.

You have any pics of yours with that mounted like that?

250r4life
02-07-2006, 10:12 AM
i'd be glad to take that snorkel off your hands :D

86RMike
02-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Ya I will shoot you some pics tonight.

86RMike
02-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I have not been able to get my pics down to size I will have to Email to you

86RMike
02-08-2006, 06:37 PM
OK I think I may have it let me know if you can see anything.

tmoney
02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
I removed the snorkel on mine and mounted the stabilizer on the cross brace under the gas tank. It all works and looks great but you do what you want, its your quad.

addictedtomud
02-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes people still use the snorkle (I am one of them...)for wet/muddy conditions. I can't slow down for creek crossings and small mudholes for XC racing, so the snorkle is a plus. I can blast through all of it now with no worries. Without it I have got water in the airbox easily. I have never tried the foam under the seat/over the airbox lid hole technique, though...

Kyle