PDA

View Full Version : Boondocker Nitrous kit

ak_stick
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
anyone have one of these? I've got one for my 250R but have a few questions...

nakomis0
02-04-2006, 07:59 PM
email boondockers or call them they have good customer service.

ak_stick
02-04-2006, 08:19 PM
well I cant call since I'm convienently on my way back to iraq for 6 months, and I haven't been able to get any responses to my e-mail

nakomis0
02-05-2006, 10:22 AM
wow suprised they arent answering emails. Its been about a yr sense i dealt with them. Although I did send them an email last week reguarding a part and they emailed me back the next day.

Whats the question? I have nitrous but not there kit, there kits a little different and doesn't require a fuel pump.

So lay the question on us.

nakomis0
02-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by nakomis0
wow suprised they arent answering emails. Its been about a yr sense i dealt with them. Although I did send them an email last week reguarding a part and they emailed me back the next day.

Whats the question? I have nitrous but not there kit, there kits a little different and doesn't require a fuel pump.

So lay the questions on us.

aviator4
02-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I have their nitrous kit on my bike.

I've got lots of experience using it on different set up's as I can't seem to leave my bike alone for very long. I've set it up for both a non-pickup and a pickup style bottle, I've changed the jet, installed a throttle actuator, etc...

the 400EX they have on their photo's page is mine. Whats you're question? Chances are, I can help.

ak_stick
02-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Sorry for the delay, I just left the states again, so I dont get alot of net time.

well the first question I dont think anyone can answer for me, unless they've got a boondockers part number guide, but I'll ask anyways,

I bought a kit set up from my dealer for twin carb applications (mostly a snowmachine dealer) I need to replace the part that connects to the carbs and airbox with the one carb deal. so I need a #,

What kind of performance gain are we talking? I know its 15hp, but what does that equate to? if I hit the button is it going to try and stand on its tail in third gear?

And how much use am I going to get from a 4lb bottle?

aviator4
02-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Okay, the part you're taling about is called the manifold, and you're right, I Don't know the part number on that. You can get on their forums at www.boondockers.com to get that though. The guys over there are really helpfull.

As far as power, it's definatley noticeable. It's not CRAZY, but you can tell when you hit the "go fast" button. It's not going to try to stand on end in third gear, but hitting the nitrous right out of the hole will probably acheive that. You will probably gain 3-4 lengths over your competition in a drag race.

You will be able to tell a difference both in how fast the bike is accelerating and how the engine sounds (it gets a more throaty tone)

You're probably going to get about 10-20 runs out of a 4 lb bottle, depending how how long each run is and how full the bottle is. The good thing is that refills are usually pretty cheap ($5.00 for a 6lb bottle around here) and it doesn't take long to refill.