PDA

View Full Version : best mods for honda 300?

300exrider15
02-04-2006, 03:05 PM
i have 04 honda 300 i have k&n air filter and holeshots xc and getting fmf powercore 4 monday. what would be the next best mod for my 4 wheeler with out putting on a big bore kit.

Blue250X
02-04-2006, 04:13 PM
u could buy a web cam, maybe a stock high comp piston??

300exrider15
02-04-2006, 04:39 PM
how much is a web cam and what is a hot cam is it the same thing as a web cam?

Honda TRX250ex
02-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 300exrider15
how much is a web cam and what is a hot cam is it the same thing as a web cam?
A hot cam is a differnt company than a web cam. Cams go for around $120. To upgrade your 300ex i would get these things.

High compression piston
Web Cam
Hard Face Rockers
400ex Carb

But you won't really get all of the power out of those parts with out suspenion mods.
I would get A-arms and shocks also.

ZeroLogic
02-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't think you need hard face rockers for Web Cams but don't take my word for it.

I would deffently upgrade the suspension with new shocks and extended a arms and axle.

300exrider15
02-04-2006, 05:29 PM
thanx for all the imput any one eles have any ideas

zeppelin
02-04-2006, 05:49 PM
you do need hardend rockers for web cams, but if it was me i wouldnt even go there yet. the first thing i would do is a pipe and filter, see how you like it and if you still want more, the very fist internal mod on a 300 should always be porting ( the head on the 300 is the same that was on the 250x, and most people say it was even small for the 250) so get your pipe filter porting and throw in a cam while you head is off the bike, ride it around for a while and if you still need more hp get a 330 kit with a high comp piston and a 400ex carb. if you still arent satisfied with the motor than you need to uprade to a bigger bike because after those mods its hard to squeeze out any more hp without big $$$. as for the supension, look around in people sigs and see how many actualy have all of that stfuf, people make a big deal about suspension for some reason. i say just wait around on ebay untill a good deal comes along, none of the stuff out there is relly all it cracked up to be. you will never find a shock thats actualy makes your bike preform $1525 better, or however much you put into it. tires are also an important upgrade for this bike, get some nice 20in razors and a 14t from sproket to bring the gearing back to stock again. the a-arms and extended axels might not be good for your bike. it depends on what you are doing. if my 300 was any wider than stock i doubt id even fit into any of the trails around here. but if your racing mx then you might want to consider them. if you plan on upgrading you bike within 2 years though i wouldnt put a bunch of money into this thing you will regrt it later if you do. whoooo that was a long post

wolffie
02-04-2006, 06:01 PM
^^^^pretty much everything there:D if you dont plan on having your 300 in the next couple of years dont waste your money on a big bore! see what your pipe is like, mabey get an FMF powerbomb header after the cam?

you could try putting a raptor rear shock on it, i have seen others on here attempt that! mabey try fabbing up some 400ex shocks to fit on your front end? do some searching! good luck!

300exrider15
02-04-2006, 06:59 PM
do they make the powerbomb for 300ex and i dont plan on keeping this atv for more than 5 years

crewworrior
02-04-2006, 07:06 PM
get a rev box it ups your rpm's to about a 1000 more youll notice the different shift points and there cheap