PDA

View Full Version : 05 450R or 06

One_Bad_400
02-04-2006, 11:54 AM
hello... i need ya'll absolute 100% openion...

i'm about to buy my new 450R and both my local shops have one 05 450R and one 06 450R left... i want to know if ya'll had to chose... which one would you get... not just becasue the 06 is newer... why would you chose it... cuz i'm building this bike national ready.. so i need to know if the 06changs are acually that much better (frame geometry and electric start)... is the electric start having problems... just whats going on with the 06 and 05's... please give me as much info as you can on what to buy

One_Bad_400
02-04-2006, 11:57 AM
and i just called my shop and the 05 is 4,999 and the 06 is 5,499

CHEVYZ
02-04-2006, 12:05 PM
I faced the same decision when I bought mine... well, almost. If you do not plan to do much internal engine work ( Not including things like HC piston, cam etc.) then the 06 is a better buy. That is... if you will doing racing like said. I personally do not race, and wanted a really fun bike without having to do alot. The 06 was much more, and with what I saved I was able to get much more ( Out of my 05).. plus it was so much easier for me to get. So far I have a cam, rev box, airfilter, exhaust, and some other goodies. I love it. Last time I raced an 06 I killed it, but keep in mind this was not on a track. On a track I would imagine that with the suspension changes would do well. If you really plan to race though, of course, you will most likely buy aftermarket suspension. So... it doesn't really mean much there. I love my 05's suspension... something even better would be great, but I am in no way wishing I had it.

Anyway... the 06 is probably a better buy. For someone modding for something other than a race-track, you don't really need it. However, if you are going to, the amount that you will pay extra for the 06 is worth it.

With the new news, yo are getting really good prices. The 06 is definately worth it IMO.:D

One_Bad_400
02-04-2006, 12:13 PM
i see what your saying... and this engine is going to be to the max... and so will my suspention... becasue last year i raced a KFX and got blew away with a 450 in it... so this year i'm telling my engine builder to make this thing un-stopable to the extent that iu atleast want to finish the season without changing the piston every 5 races

CHEVYZ
02-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah, the 06 engine is better stock especially, and as a race engine ( It revs quicker and should hit harder). But, for a recreational type of rider, or drag racer especially, the previous models are great ( and sometimes even better) with a longer stroke. I also belive that the 06 has slightly better geomentry. For all out racing, that is pretty the only two REALLY noticable differences. So anyway, again, the new model will rock... I think you will be quite impressed as a racer.

One_Bad_400
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
ya... welp... thats the way i went... i just went up to one the local honda shops... and they had a 06 450R for 4,999... it was a little used... but not bad at all... he rode it 3 times.. i went over it and checked everything... and i think if its 4999 and every where around here a brand new one is 6200.. then that extra thousand or so buck can pay for all the taxes and thats more money i can throw in the bike... lol...

and i talked to the survic manager and he said that he just got out of a class talking aobut the 450r and he said you can put a back up kick start in the electric 06.. and i think thats the way to go... so heck ya...

CHEVYZ
02-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Congrats dude! You will love it... the 450s definately have some potential. Have fun with your bike.:blah:

One_Bad_400
02-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks.. i'm already so exited... i cant wait to throw my leg over it... lol... i'm sure i'll have a BLAST ON IT! and i hope it will take me to the podium! well i know it will... its a honda! the only think that kep me from the podium last year was that dadgum kawasaki! lol...