PDA

View Full Version : New filter?

cheetah
07-12-2002, 07:42 PM
I just ordered the WB E-Series full system the other day. Is it necessary to get another filter? I want a k&n air filter, but I fear it lets too much through. I ride a lot of trails, when its dry it is really dusty but when wet extremely muddy. I thought about going with an UNI, but not sure. I just don't trust the k&n. Any suggestions?

ATV_MAN
07-12-2002, 08:06 PM
I use a K&N with outerware but i have my airbox lid on. Ive never had a problem with it. Just clean it once in awhile. I wouldnt get a UNI. It is like the same filter as a stock one so i wouldnt get one.

L.Vegas400
07-12-2002, 09:39 PM
out here in vegas, i dont know anyone who recomends a k&n. reason being, the k&n lets dust through so you have to use a prefilter anyway. everyone says use a regular foam filter.
thats about $.02 worth

Nausty
07-12-2002, 11:05 PM
yes if you ride in a lot of dust and area's with a lot of air born particals stay with foam and if its gonna be a well maintained track with good soil with little dust you ride at go with a k&n with pre filter.

cheetah
07-14-2002, 03:29 PM
Well it looks like the k&n is definately out of the picture so should I just leave the stock one in?

phatswinn
07-14-2002, 04:25 PM
looks like it, i did a test on this and it came out negative, i put some filter oil in the intake tube and went for a very dusty ride ithout the pre-filter, after about 2 hours there was no dust in the intake tube