PDA

View Full Version : 416ex break in and jettinghelp

EXSailor
02-04-2006, 07:43 AM
ok guys,heres what I did....
just installed a JE 10.8:1 87mm piston and put a 170 K&N main jet in, but I need clarification on the fuel air mixture screw, is that the small screw on the outside of the bottom of the carb? If so, then I turned it allthe way in, and turned it out 3 1/2 turns. the concensus of every post is 170 main, fuel air screw 3 1/2, and 42 needle in 4th position. I don't know if I have a 42 needle, and how do i tell if it's the fourth position. I started it up yesterday and started the break in on it, it seemed to run just fine, so I rode it around for about 5 minutes, moving through the gears at no more that 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, let it cool down completely, and did the same thing a couple more times. what I can't figure outis, myneighbor has a stock kfx400, and his still seems to hav more torque and power. I can only attribute that to me not jetting it right, any ideas?

EXSailor
02-04-2006, 09:45 AM
*****bump*****

what, it's saturday afternoon, is everyone out riding or something?
LOL

underpowered
02-04-2006, 10:17 AM
jetting sounds about right, possibly a little rich. ANd people were talking about a 42 pilot, not a 42 needle. to see what position it is in, take off the top of your carb, 3 screws on a goldish colored cover. remove it and take out the two screws on teh little are connecting it to the slide. rotate the arm up and pull the needle out. there should be 5 postions on it and stock is the third one. see where it is at. for break in what exact method did you use? the best way i have found it www.motortuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

EXSailor
02-04-2006, 02:04 PM
OK, got it, so where do I get a 42 pilot? And the link above, thats pretty much the way i'm breaking mine in, so far so good.