PDA

View Full Version : coolant leaking

steve26
02-04-2006, 07:35 AM
I have been having a problem that occurs on and off sometimes. The coolant is coming out of the right side of the motor when on the bike facing forward. I can't tell exactly where it is coming from. It looks like it is coming from the top of the motor, like up behind the head-stay motormount. Anyone else had a problem with coolant leaking from there and if so what was the fix?

thanks

02-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by steve26
I have been having a problem that occurs on and off sometimes. The coolant is coming out of the right side of the motor when on the bike facing forward. I can't tell exactly where it is coming from. It looks like it is coming from the top of the motor, like up behind the head-stay motormount. Anyone else had a problem with coolant leaking from there and if so what was the fix?

thanks

doesnt sound like a leak, it sounds like your overheating or you added too much coolant, are you sure it wasnt comming out of the overflow and u didnt add too much or it was overheating?

steve26
02-04-2006, 05:47 PM
that is possible. But it was leaking behind my motor mount like I said... would that happen if I overfilled it? This is an '06 by the way if it matters. There is some kind of breather type of hose that comes out of the back of the cylinder... I'm guessing it is for the coolant, I'm thinking it might be that.

anyone else know?

02-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by steve26
that is possible. But it was leaking behind my motor mount like I said... would that happen if I overfilled it? This is an '06 by the way if it matters. There is some kind of breather type of hose that comes out of the back of the cylinder... I'm guessing it is for the coolant, I'm thinking it might be that.

anyone else know?

there is an overflow hose that points in the direction of the front of the motor, which was y i mentioned overheating or overfilling