PDA

View Full Version : Atk 450 Mx Vs Predator Vs Yfz Vs Ltr 450 Vs Trx450r ????

Dark Quad
02-04-2006, 05:59 AM
What is the best quad of this list?
who have more HP ??? who the most faster quad?

thanks you guys....

happyboy
02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
holy cow, you wanna start a little war don't you? Forget questions like this, its all crap. Every Dyno run shows different things and everyone thinks theirs is the best. Anyone ever notice how all the newbs post this crap? And then 20 other newbs jump in and talk about how their Blaster would kick your ars?
:rolleyes:

Dark Quad
02-04-2006, 09:31 AM
sorry about the kinf of question!
but i need to knew the preformance of the ATK MX 450 in compere to the other Quad's!

beak7707
02-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Its not the quad that matter its the rider. Any of the 450's can all win with the right rider.

Brown450R
02-04-2006, 10:27 PM
The ATK450 will compete well against a Honda 450r. A predator is very good in the woods. It has good power but it is heavier than the others. I don't think it is a good choice for mx. They are all great machines. Most of us have not ridden the LTR450 yet, but I am sure it will be great also. I don't know how you would pick one over the other. Top speed stock would probably be the predator, but maybe the atk. I don't know.

danyeo
04-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Well i found some videos of a fe of the quads in question. These are all going up a sand hill out West. For pure power and speed judging from these the ATK is the top dog. It easily beats the HRC450r and it edges out some YFZ's.

But also check out the Yoshi450Z. That thing is fast.

450z versus ATK450
http://www.dunereview.com/AllVideos/ATK450%20VS%20Yoshi450z.wmv

Yoshi450Z versus HRC450r.
http://www.dunereview.com/AllVideos/ATK450vsHRC450R.wmv

ATK versus 2 YFZ's.
http://www.dunereview.com/AllVideos/Dale%20Vs%20YFZ%27s.wmv

Yoshi versus a bunch of others.
http://www.dunereview.com/AllVideos/Yoshi%20450s%20VS%20All.wmv

Here, why not just check the site and search through the videos, there are a LOT of them.

http://www.dunereview.com/videos.htm

Dark Quad
04-18-2006, 12:28 PM
thanks dude

elementryder
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
i hate to say but the ltr 450 easy beats anny thing there is a guy racing a stock ltr-450 and beats yfz and trx with $15,000 every race

happyboy
04-25-2006, 06:17 PM
LTR beats anything out there? lol
I got a guy on a 400ex that will smoke it in our harescrambles.

:P

If all you want to do is drag race then go get a banshee and throw alchy on it. Then you would be fast. :)

CannondaleRider
04-25-2006, 06:29 PM
I find it so funny when people talk about whats fast, from what they've seen.

If I was to buy a new bike, just on what I've seen....I would be on a Honda. Because Natalie, former GNC champion, is on a Honda...Eichner, multi time champion, in many types of racing, all that I do, is on a Honda....the top 3 or 4 guys in the WORCS series are on Hondas

BUT, i'm smart enough to realize that they have skill beyond whats imaginable, along with a motor that most people can't even have built.

Give an answer from first hand experience guys....or let a head to head on a dyno do the talking

Brown450R
04-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I've ridden them all except the yfz and the ltr. All good quads. I think the ATK 450 has the best power off the show room floor. The predator has more, but is heavier. It kind of cancels out the power advantage. It is real hard to say one is "better" than the others. They are all excellent. I think you might as well just pick the one you think looks the best and buy it and modify it to your liking.

hard one
07-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I dont know about a lt-r getting beat by a 400ex i had a 300ex that could smoke some 400exs.

Love the cannondales, they look cool.
Any body in missouri with one that is going to be in the missouri hare scrambles.
i would love to race againts one on my lt-r 450.

i heard cannondales only put out 37 hp that cant be right it has to be more my lt-r 450 has 47hp stock now it has 53hp.

normally when you put fuel injection on it adds horse over a carb.

Brown450R
07-23-2006, 08:54 PM
here we go again

witech
07-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey Brown. It was a Cannondale ATK festival at Crandon this weekend. Heck even the freestyle guy was on a Dale. I got my first try at CC ,TT ,MX I did pretty good for a senior rookie. LOL
Even one drag race event came down to 2 Dales competing for the trophy. One heck of a good time.

jacobw
07-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by hard one
I dont know about a lt-r getting beat by a 400ex i had a 300ex that could smoke some 400exs.

Love the cannondales, they look cool.
Any body in missouri with one that is going to be in the missouri hare scrambles.
i would love to race againts one on my lt-r 450.

i heard cannondales only put out 37 hp that cant be right it has to be more my lt-r 450 has 47hp stock now it has 53hp.

normally when you put fuel injection on it adds horse over a carb.

Jacob Whittington MHSC #406 B class this year A next year!

hard one
07-24-2006, 06:41 PM
hope i see you there !

american muscle forever!

get ready for hard one #3

jacobw
07-24-2006, 06:45 PM
cannondale #406

hard one
07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
how does it handle and how is the power delivery.

which dale is that?

jacobw
07-24-2006, 07:10 PM
cannibal was stock there now has ported head, stroker crank, and red color scheme now. I have some photos I found on..... Handling is awesome I say much better than z400 or 400ex and I thinks its just as good as the 250r I rode

jacobw
07-24-2006, 07:10 PM
more

hard one
07-24-2006, 07:41 PM
If it handles like a 250r that is dang good.

I will post pics of my lt-r 450 but i dont have a digital camera right now.

06 lt-r 450(yellow)
kandk graphics black
power madd hand guards
cherry bomb
uni air filter
54 hp with race gas handles like a $10,000 draem quad.
took a while to get used to the width.
fast as heck threw the whoops.
getting nerfs soon so i can try out moore local tracks.

adam450
07-24-2006, 07:44 PM
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY on a dale/atk bro!power wise eeeehhh they are OK.nothing to brag about.comparable stock.modified they are about as reliable as dating the neighborhood hussie.
sorry diehard dale fans im gonna tell it like it is.most of you that ride dales and have good luck with them ride like puzzies!they dont compare at all to a jap quad as far as reliabilty especially when modded.
the alluminum frame is strong but is crap.damn near just as heavy as a steel one and is made not to flex!in order to have a good handling quad your chassis has to flex ESPECIALLY in mx!im sorry bro but your dale handles NOWHERE near as good as your other quads you mentioned.
the rear shock is another joke.to get anybit of a decent ride hieght out of it it basically sits on the rubber bumper.not good!stock - pep there is no cure!
aftermarket part = non existant.sure there are a couple one off damn near home-made crap going around but nothing major.chit to get a-arms you got to buy them by the truckload just to get someone to make a set.not good when there is you and maybe one other guy looking to get a set.
OEM parts.yeah there are still a couple places to get them.you can count them on one had damn near so dont think your gonna get anything quick or run down the road and grab something....isnt gonna happen! break down at the track pack up and go home bro.unless you got two other junkers with ya you arent gonna find anyone with parts!you arent riding a honda remember!the atk guys all got there hopes that ATK is gonna save the day.LMFAO dudes everyone that has bought an atk so far has been robbed.no 450's as promised in most uprgrades????....HAHA.im sorry....ATK is next to file chapter 11 and leave ya'll hangin'.
so bro leave the dale for one of the guys that own one now they will be needing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacobw
07-24-2006, 08:01 PM
real mature post.... obviously you know nothing about cannondales..... and reliabilty is not and issue with modded dale motors they will last just as long or longer with mods. Look at jeff stoess he won an overall on and atk with a cannondale with some reliability mods and you can do all the mods yourself cheaper than atk does them. The frame is strong and is very good for mx or xc or whatever you choose. I see these people with less than a dozen posts get on here to bash cannondale if you can add anything constructive go away we are having a mature conversation and now its gone awry.There is alot on aftermarket stuff, PRM, RPM, lonestar, houser, tiexteira tech, hermman racing, elka, tcs, works, axis, pep, x factor, ac racing, ASR, galfer, streamline etc etc. Also I am starting a atv and motorcyle shop here in missouri and I will be carrying some cannondale parts. I ran 2 missouri series hare scramble seasons on a stock one how is that for reliability with no dnfs and if you dont believe me ask some other mhsc riders that know me they will tell you the same. Mine is a 450 with ported head and has 50hp I call that pretty good since I have less thank 1k in my motor, and all new race bikes require attention to be competitive gone are the 400ex days where you can ride and maitain them when you have a spare minute or 2. And for the frame at least I dont have to gusset mine or worry about cracks and so on, why pay over 6k for a race bike and have to gusset the frame just b/c manufacturers want to be cheap. Hard one if you want to talk pm me we can speak on the phone or you can look me up at the next missouri hare scramble. I am from the sho me state words mean nothing talk is cheap come see a cannondale that will fly and finish every race.

jacobw
07-24-2006, 08:11 PM
its too bad that some bash without any real facts of what is going on or knowledge of cannondales, oh well I say race day proves it all I have several repsectable finished mostly in the top 10 and my class had 62 riders and I finished 10th overall and didnt even race the last 5 races of the season. If you want to know something ask witech and many others will help you out, many just come one here to stirr the pot, you dont see us going to other forums just to intentionally stirring the pot, cannondales are a legacy they prevailed and won many races against legendary 250r's and modded 400ex's hybrids, and offered support to many riders, how can you bash them for that and its not the design that brought cannondale down it was the lack of money and quality control of parts that made them shut the doors, the parts tolerances were getting worse and assembly because they couldnt keep up with demand and then they ran otta money and had to shut the doors, I say props to them for trying and do something that the big 4 said couldnt be done:D

danyeo
07-25-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I find it so funny when people talk about whats fast, from what they've seen.

If I was to buy a new bike, just on what I've seen....I would be on a Honda. Because Natalie, former GNC champion, is on a Honda...Eichner, multi time champion, in many types of racing, all that I do, is on a Honda....the top 3 or 4 guys in the WORCS series are on Hondas

BUT, i'm smart enough to realize that they have skill beyond whats imaginable, along with a motor that most people can't even have built.

Give an answer from first hand experience guys....or let a head to head on a dyno do the talking

I think in the case of the videos that i showed it's VERY accurate in showing which quad is faster, at least up a sand hill. When were talking about those sand hills how much skill are we talking about? What i see is riders who all look like they know what they're doing but how much skill does it take to ride up a sand hill and just hold the throttle wide open without having to do much steering?

And the guys in the videos look like average guys so why are you bothering to bring up Eichner or Natalie? We all know those guys have money in their motors. Plus, how many of use get to ride up sand hills in Utah or Idaho? Not me, so using the videos can be helpful.

adam450
07-25-2006, 02:25 PM
jacob jacob jacob....you been talking smack about this dealer ship for some time now.please take my advise find another brand there is no money in the junk cannondales.....unless of course you are gonna do service just dont offer anykind of warranty.im telling the truth if you dont like it go cry in a corner.i owned two dales.raced them.so i can definetly give an honest opinion of them.good for you going though your races with no dnf's...like i said most that dont have thm ride like puzzies.as for your race results who cares dude.take it to a national level then lets ttalk.local races dont mean squat the competiotin just aint there so just because you did well dont mean chit.im love you guys i took first place here first place there then you look at the pics and your racing blasters and 400ex's.
dude i had a dale.i once thought just like you.told people yeah you can get parts this that.but in reality it isnt that easy.you did a good job naming afterartket companies im proud of you but dude call one of them and ask for a apart or if they make you one and see what they tell you.this is the reason my dales are history.tired of waiting for parts while it is broke down again and again.robbing parts from one to fix the other.
parts quality over time my *** they were junk from the get go.thats why they went under.
if you believe all that you said OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT CANNODALES.go lick happyboys sack man.TIME FOR REALITY THE CANNONDALE IS A THING OF THE PAST.OBSOLETE.PEOPLE PARTING OUT OTHER ONES IS YOUR ONLY HOPE LETS WAKE UP

C41Xracer
07-25-2006, 02:48 PM
and you ride what??all quads have problems period, parts are easy to come by.Ive never had any problems at all.# 2 i race and beat the hell out of my Dale and have never broke anything and have enough 1st places to prove it.Dont bash a Dale there not as bad as you say they are, you might have had a lemmon.Dollar for dollar where can you find a full mx quad for 3500??and not be a 2 stroke

witech
07-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Interesting thread. Sounds like Adam had some issues that were never dealt with. What were your exact problems? Was this before or after the R@D project. (fall2004) .

I feel kind of biased . Maybe its just luck everyone I build engines for is an outstanding racer and could win on anything . Whatever as long as they keep winning . If its on a Cannondale so be it.
Part of the legagy of these machines is they will never outlive the reputation of the past no matter how much reliabilty or power we give them now.

CannondaleRider
07-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Wow.

Some people amaze me :rolleyes:

danyeo
07-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Wow.

Some people amaze me :rolleyes:

Tell me about it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CannondaleRider
07-25-2006, 05:09 PM
And to your post you made replying to me.

I was talking about the pros, because, people always say "This bike is faster then this because i saw this guy beat that guy".....and that just makes no sense, because, in most cases, what your seeing is in no way a competition between brands. It's a competition between riders, and motor builders.

jacobw
07-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by adam450
jacob jacob jacob....you been talking smack about this dealer ship for some time now.please take my advise find another brand there is no money in the junk cannondales.....unless of course you are gonna do service just dont offer anykind of warranty.im telling the truth if you dont like it go cry in a corner.i owned two dales.raced them.so i can definetly give an honest opinion of them.good for you going though your races with no dnf's...like i said most that dont have thm ride like puzzies.as for your race results who cares dude.take it to a national level then lets ttalk.local races dont mean squat the competiotin just aint there so just because you did well dont mean chit.im love you guys i took first place here first place there then you look at the pics and your racing blasters and 400ex's.
dude i had a dale.i once thought just like you.told people yeah you can get parts this that.but in reality it isnt that easy.you did a good job naming afterartket companies im proud of you but dude call one of them and ask for a apart or if they make you one and see what they tell you.this is the reason my dales are history.tired of waiting for parts while it is broke down again and again.robbing parts from one to fix the other.
parts quality over time my *** they were junk from the get go.thats why they went under.
if you believe all that you said OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT CANNODALES.go lick happyboys sack man.TIME FOR REALITY THE CANNONDALE IS A THING OF THE PAST.OBSOLETE.PEOPLE PARTING OUT OTHER ONES IS YOUR ONLY HOPE LETS WAKE UP

I am not banking on cannondales making me any money, I am gonna be a kymco dealer, gas gas dealer, and husky dealer, I am also gonna be a klotz dealer and vp racing fuels etc etc. I will offer dale parts for whoever wants them, just a side money maker. I have the foundation started and will be pouring concrete maybe next week. And dont call national racers come from local race organizations, dwayne johnson and rhett butler and bryan baker missouri boys that got started from raing mhsc races, so dont put down local racers you gotta get a start somewhere. I will be racing the gncc some maybe next year, also remember jeff stoess won an overall on a cannondale/atk and also won the a a class before he went to the pro class on a stock cannondale in the gncc, so yes some have problems that can be fxied and the reason cannondale went under was the design was awesome is was the the lack of quality control trying to cheapen them up so they could recoup the costs by selling more units. And most of the people in my class were one yfz's and new honda 450', ask yurik norton he races with me and he is a sponsored elka rider, if you want to put your money where you mouth is meet me at the hare sramble sept 9th or 10th cant remember I will be in the b class and you can see if you can race as good as you mouth

jacobw
07-25-2006, 07:01 PM
happyboy who is this dude? real factual mature dude:rolleyes:

happyboy
07-25-2006, 08:10 PM
ROFL, I have no idea. I would guess its 1 of a few people, but I don't want to get into it. I don't know how my name came up in his post but ah well, no loss in him not riding a dale.

Brown450R
07-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah, Its not like anyone is forcing him to ride a cannondale.

danyeo
07-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by adam450

C-Dales are obviously not a thing of the past for you since you're putting soo much effort into this thread. While i myself had some bad luck my with mine you sound more upset about it than anyone else. Does your MOMMY know you're using her computer?

Here, go beat off to this for a while.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/danyeod/quad%20stuff/Captured2004-5-01-0400002.jpg

bradley300
07-26-2006, 10:38 AM
the cannondale/atk's seemed to have some problems, but i know jeff stoess races a full gncc season in the pro class as well as practice and midsouths on the same exact quad. lets see a jap quad do that. i know ballance and borich seem to go thru about 6 a season

adam450
07-26-2006, 03:16 PM
not upset at all.when i had my dales i used to try to make them sound like they were the best thing on earth to.i too tryed to lure people into the community hoping that it would help turn things around but FINALLY realized that it wasnt going to happen and i was just ruining other peoples fun because owning a dale isnt for everyone.a dale is best left to your gearhead or someone who enjoys tinkering with performance.like wistek or timbo.for your average racer it is just too much.not enough time in a day to keep in shape and keeping something running week to week.for your average guy that doesnt know how to respect his machine and can connect with it this isnt for you.but if you have a passion for horsepower and want to expiriment with something i guess the dale is ok for that.used parts are abundant enough and cheap enough to play with if thats what your into.i DO beieve that if cannondale was still around they would have the best thing out there butb there time has come and gone and atk isnt picking up where they left off by anymeans.my post really wasnt intended to bash just hate to see someone else buy a cannondale only to find themselves sitting on the sidelines for the above said reasons.leave them to the gearheads

and as far as beating it to a pic of a cannondale i think you really meant to attach a pic of your mom....peace out fellas

oh yeah jacob im about 2.5 - 3hrs from you maybe ill come check out that harescramble ...never been beaten by a dale yet but willing to give you a shot at it big fella

jacobw
07-26-2006, 06:19 PM
I am always up for a challenge hell you might beat my old fat *** but I will giver her a shot I just got my houser lt arms today man they are sweet just waiting on shocks now. I will be ready to go gotta swtich tires and gearing and put the airbox back on and remapp the fuel injection with a tamer map have a mx map in there now kinda snappy will smooth her out a little:D

badvox
07-29-2006, 11:02 AM
So,........

Can someone tell me why a 6 month old post was revived to start a flame war?

LOL Intersting read for a Saturday morning though.

AND YES I DO RIDE LIKE PUZZY!! AND PROUD OF IT!!

hahahahahahahaha

Im 39 and got nothin to prove except that I still like to have fun.

Big Red Menace
07-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by witech
Hey Brown. It was a Cannondale ATK festival at Crandon this weekend. Heck even the freestyle guy was on a Dale. I got my first try at CC ,TT ,MX I did pretty good for a senior rookie. LOL
Even one drag race event came down to 2 Dales competing for the trophy. One heck of a good time.

Man, that guy that won the senior mx class on that Honda sure was flying. Practically untouchable I'd say.:D

witech
07-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Senior class? I raced in the senior class for cc and tt. There were 2 yfz and the rest were atk dales and a couple of predators. Never saw any hondas lined up at the gate for those or during mx practice. Might have been the mystery number 22. They kept anouncing me in the lead while i was in the pits getting ready for the drag races. Maybe C27 saw the race. He pulled the holeshot as always and pulled off after a couple of laps to keep his points for the trophy. To bad he forgot to finish under the checkered to qualify. LOL

Big Red Menace
07-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I just came up to race the Mx on Sunday. #22 Red Honda 450r, I got both holeshots and won both motos. I'm not here to rip on cdales or anything, just race against brown 450r and poking a little fun.http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/Thumperman/100_0560.jpg[/IMG]

witech
07-30-2006, 05:14 PM
I just talked to Steve and he swears he had the first holeshot and then pulled out of the way. I wouldnt know. Anyways I won both races according to the anouncers. I could clearly hear it in the pits. #22 Cannondale Moto LOL
Sounds like you have some mx experience. Good job.

Big Red Menace
07-30-2006, 07:34 PM
It's all good, I'm not here to brag, just happy to still be doing it at 36Yrs.

jacobw
07-30-2006, 07:41 PM
damn man you are getting younger keep up the good work:D

witech
07-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Big Red Menace
It's all good, I'm not here to brag, just happy to still be doing it at 36Yrs.
Heck I'm 37 and just started racing . You young whipper snappers.