PDA

View Full Version : Hot Cams Stage 2 (opinions)

Punk'd
02-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Does anyone with one of these have anything to say or any reccomendations before I install? Are shims a must? What will happen if I dont put new ones in? Anything to expect.. Power..Preformance..quality.. etc

Iv never owned a cam before so im just wanting some info.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

goldrims04
02-03-2006, 10:04 PM
i just installed my cam last month and i put like 20 hours on it and when instaling i didnt need to shim it just make sure everything clears and the performance is great nice power all around i have a weird gear set up 13/39 lots of low but with the cam i gained power everywhere real nice,i run hairscrambles and lots of wood/mountians

brink400
02-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Just check the clearances after you put the cam in there, if its real close you dont have to, but if they are way off then it would be a good idea to shim them. I love the way the stage 2 added good power throughout the whole powerband. Definately an awesome mod and im very glad I did it.

02-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Does anyone with one of these have anything to say or any reccomendations before I install? Are shims a must? What will happen if I dont put new ones in? Anything to expect.. Power..Preformance..quality.. etc

Iv never owned a cam before so im just wanting some info.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

when martin installed his he geared back up to the 14 tooth front sprocket but he also added a high comp piston, you may want to try both front sprockets though and see which one you like with that cam, his added power all over, its definantly what im getting :macho

exrider44
02-04-2006, 10:08 AM
I have the stage 2 on my 04 and I love the power. It rips now.

remmyTRX
02-06-2006, 06:59 AM
I just installed the hotcams stage 2. There was a drastic improvement over the stock cam.

I did not need to reshim. I checked the clearances and all were fine but one.... and it was real close.

I am going to wait until I have a couple hours on the cam then just order the shim that I need from Honda (I believe they are about $5 a shim).

This way, you don't have to pay $80 for a shim kit.

White7
02-06-2006, 07:12 AM
On the other side ,,I had to re shim all 4,,But what ever you have to do its worth it