PDA

View Full Version : Foam airbox vents?

Drtridr18
07-12-2002, 05:48 PM
I'm running with my lid on right now and a k&n filter, Dynojet jet kit (K&N powerkit), and HMF slip-on. I ride mostly trails, woods, fields, creeks, some mud but not primarily, and refuse to totally remove my airbox lid, but can I order a pack of those 1" foam filtered vents to open it up a little bit and still be safe?

Thanks a lot!

CranMan
07-12-2002, 06:40 PM
I have two sets of the vents in my lid. I ended up taking the foam out of them because I felt like it was restricting the airflow, and also some of them fell out sometimes anyways. Without the foam you still have basically a screen that keeps big stuff out. I recently rode Hatfeild/McCoy and it was pretty wet and muddy, and my airbox stayed pretty clean. But if you want to be able to go through deep mud/water you need to keep your lid stock. Or get a 4x4!

Drtridr18
07-12-2002, 07:19 PM
thanks for the reply...any others??

BornOnFire
07-13-2002, 09:28 AM
I have 18 of those plugs in mine and it really opened it up! I recommend them.

krazykurtk
07-13-2002, 10:16 AM
There is an Outterwear airbox cover you can buy. I have one on my quad. I used to have the Univents in, buy when I found out about this, I bought one. It velcros over the top of the airbox. It keeps all the big chunks of crap out of the airbox and also repells some water. Water will still get through it, but it keeps the majority out. I think it was around $15.