PDA

View Full Version : Body Kits for cars

Honda TRX250ex
02-03-2006, 07:17 PM
about how much does it cost to put a body kit on a car (eclipse)

XCAdam89
02-03-2006, 07:20 PM
They range, but they are usually around $1000 for a complete kit. IMO, leave it factory though, except for a JDM lip.

Honda TRX250ex
02-03-2006, 07:21 PM
sorry but i ment how much for installation my bad

XCAdam89
02-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Are you talking just to mount it? or to have it molded into the car itself.

Honda TRX250ex
02-03-2006, 08:13 PM
like when you buy a full body kit. how much is it to install the fullbody kit on the car?

Honda TRX250ex
02-03-2006, 08:58 PM
ttt

blasteracer24
02-03-2006, 09:45 PM
probably alot because they ahve to paint it. But i hear dit cost more to install it then it does for the body kit itslef.

Honda TRX250ex
02-04-2006, 07:38 AM
is it hard to install it yourself?

blasteracer24
02-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Idk im not into body kits or import cars just thought i would help. call some local shops.

gun32boarder
02-04-2006, 01:00 PM
What is the kit made out of fiberglass or urethane? Fiberglass kits expect for a decent install cost because they never seem to fit right. Kits made of urethane seem to fit extremely well and only need paint

coolex
02-04-2006, 02:26 PM
gun 36 boarder knows exacly what hes talking about its cuz polyyerthane bends a lil bit and fiber glass one s youd have to cut it

Honda TRX250ex
02-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by gun32boarder
What is the kit made out of fiberglass or urethane? Fiberglass kits expect for a decent install cost because they never seem to fit right. Kits made of urethane seem to fit extremely well and only need paint
urethane

coolex
02-04-2006, 02:30 PM
its supposed to be easy with the urathanie ones but ive never done it so im noty sure but its a lot easier than fiberglass

04raptor
02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
i did a body kit for a vw jetta at the shop i use to work at it was from west wings and the rear bumper was folded in half from the company and we had to charge more to straighten it out

Camaroguy87132
02-04-2006, 08:54 PM
ha typical ricer, wanting their car to look good, but not knowing how to assemble parts on it..

Honda TRX250ex
02-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Camaroguy87132
ha typical ricer, wanting their car to look good, but not knowing how to assemble parts on it..
i dont even have a car yet... i was just woundering

killen them all
02-05-2006, 01:58 PM
it runs from 700 and about 400-1000 for paint i am having my bro help me put my body kit when i buy my 300zx tt

02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
i put mine on myself, here is a shot of it on before getting paint, make sure to drill all the holes and stuff before you paint it, that way you wont chip it or anything later

we also were quick to install a 175 hp JDM B16A in it :devil:

02-05-2006, 03:04 PM
o and also, we painted mine ourselves, it was $191 for the paint and other stuff we needed, make sure to buy the stuff that makes paint flexxible, being ground effex love to move around

vinson581
02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
granted that car weighs nothing...they are still slow. but respectable for what they are...im not hateing...for something so small its quick, plus it will outlast 99% of cars

02-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by vinson581
granted that car weighs nothing...they are still slow. but respectable for what they are...im not hateing...for something so small its quick, plus it will outlast 99% of cars

hey now, i wouldnt be calling high 13's slow on a street car :blah:

user101
02-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
hey now, i wouldnt be calling high 13's slow on a street car :blah:

Got a time slip???

02-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by user101
Got a time slip???

not on me, i should have another 1 by the time the high school drags comes around hopefully, if not then i will before that, my uncle has a mailbu ss that he has built up running 11.7 that he brings up to KCI, so i'll either be up there with him or be at the high school drags

I will post pics of what my car looks like all finished up here shortly, we have added a lot since that picture but its the only 1 i have on this comp, i will make a new thread when i get my new slips from KCI and some new pics :macho

quadrcr161
02-06-2006, 06:44 AM
i put mine on myself, here is a shot of it on before getting paint, make sure to drill all the holes and stuff before you paint it, that way you wont chip it or anything later

we also were quick to install a 175 hp JDM B16A in it :devil:

wow, poor crx, those side skirts look horrible, should have went for the wings west/mugen replica body kit, its the only one that actually looks good. plus remove the wing and lower it some.

high 13's? whats your list of mods to the B16? also the b16 comes with 160hp. a b16 rex will trap high 14's for the usual exhaust, header, and intake.

as far as the orginal poster, body kits have been out for the past few years, making your car look like a spaceship will just draw more attention to yourself.

vpofthedrc
02-06-2006, 11:38 AM
I've never understood the whole import thing. People put on 400 pounds of aftermarket junk, a picnic table of a wing on a front wheel drive car, and all they do to the motor is get colored spark plug wires and a cold air intake.

02-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
wow, poor crx, those side skirts look horrible, should have went for the wings west/mugen replica body kit, its the only one that actually looks good. plus remove the wing and lower it some.

high 13's? whats your list of mods to the B16? also the b16 comes with 160hp. a b16 rex will trap high 14's for the usual exhaust, header, and intake.

as far as the orginal poster, body kits have been out for the past few years, making your car look like a spaceship will just draw more attention to yourself.

wow...im not even gonna respond to this :chinese:

Honda TRX250ex
02-06-2006, 03:04 PM
i was thinking about getting a eclipse but idk yet. im thinking about just building up a 69 mustang mach 1 if i can get my hands on one of them

quadrcr161
02-06-2006, 08:03 PM
wow...im not even gonna respond to this :chinese:

well come on, post it, test your CRX knowledge.

02-06-2006, 08:28 PM
well come on, post it, test your CRX knowledge.

well i will say 1 thing, this is my car, i will build it to how i think it looks good, if it was your car then you could buy what u want, i bought what i want cuz i liked it

as for mods on my car i have 2.5'' full exhaust, magnaflow muffler, ram air hood (not in the pic), k&n filter, removed a lot of stuff to knock off weight, such as AC, power steering etc, then a few mods which im not disclosing on a public forum ;) , and our own port work etc etc etc

turbo kit comming soon :macho

and as for my knowledge, i really dont know much, i just do some of the wrenching, im only 16, my dad is a mechanic and owns a shop in town, he helps me work on it and knows all of that stuff

quadrcr161
02-06-2006, 08:47 PM
well i will say 1 thing, this is my car, i will build it to how i think it looks good, if it was your car then you could buy what u want, i bought what i want cuz i liked it

as for mods on my car i have 2.5'' full exhaust, magnaflow muffler, ram air hood (not in the pic), k&n filter, removed a lot of stuff to knock off weight, such as AC, power steering etc, then a few mods which im not disclosing on a public forum ;) , and our own port work etc etc etc

and as for my knowledge, i really dont know much, i just do some of the wrenching, im only 16, my dad is a mechanic and owns a shop in town, he helps me work on it and knows all of that stuff

although i dont like the kit, and people will be able to tell your 16 as you pull up, if you like it thats your car. big body kits went out probably 5 yrs ago, i know, a car i built for a friend was in almost every major mag from show coverage. the new "trend" is a clean, 15 inch wheel, jdm look.

do you have a flow bench or anyway to test the the port job made any difference? if not you can be hacking away and cause more turblance and not improve anything. also the turbo can be a headach, and a lot of car for a 16 yr old.

you might have removed the AC but you didnt remove powersteering, because the car shouldnt have came stock with it. the powersteering off a civic can be made to work but here in the US we recieved the stipped down version of the crx.

02-06-2006, 09:06 PM
although i dont like the kit, and people will be able to tell your 16 as you pull up, if you like it thats your car. big body kits went out probably 5 yrs ago, i know, a car i built for a friend was in almost every major mag from show coverage. the new "trend" is a clean, 15 inch wheel, jdm look.

do you have a flow bench or anyway to test the the port job made any difference? if not you can be hacking away and cause more turblance and not improve anything. also the turbo can be a headach, and a lot of car for a 16 yr old.

you might have removed the AC but you didnt remove powersteering, because the car shouldnt have came stock with it. the powersteering off a civic can be made to work but here in the US we recieved the stipped down version of the crx.

no we dont have a flow bench, we did remove the power steering, it wasnt IN the crx, but it was on my JDM engine, we didnt actually take it out of the car, the crx doesnt have it, but my JDM motor did

ya i know the jdm look is the new thing, i jus want to do my own thing, make it look "cool" in my eyes

02-06-2006, 09:08 PM
o and just so you know, this isnt a drag car, im just building it for the street and maybe the occasional autocross event

Titanium
02-06-2006, 09:10 PM
i think that some cars look better without body kits because sometimes gives it a cleaner look specially if u lower it. some cars tho look pretty cool with CERTAIN body kits. some look pretty dorky and goofy lookin for example the honda civic guys, that have a 3 foot tall spoiler on the back that doesn't even need it cus the only thing done to his motor is a k&n air filter.

quadrcr161
02-07-2006, 06:39 AM
stay off the street, if you wreck, get a ticket or kill someone, or your self you deserve it. only true idiots race on the street. back years ago, and before the whole fast and furious crazy you could somewhat do it safely on back roads. but now whith 100+ people trying to stand around and watch to civic race and people trying to race from stop light to stop light is just way too much of a rist.

also if you wanted to run SCCA you have messed up your chance at being competative because i think your in the DM class, which is some of the most modded and creative class. if you left the stock motor and suspension under it would would have better times. the b16 and trans adds 150-200lbs more on the nose of the car and throws off the handling. if you just changed wheels, and added springs and mayeb a stiffer rear bar, the car would have been more competative.

but its your car, your style and have fun.

initall
02-07-2006, 08:45 AM
hey now, i wouldnt be calling high 13's slow on a street car

I would....

02-07-2006, 10:41 AM
stay off the street, if you wreck, get a ticket or kill someone, or your self you deserve it. only true idiots race on the street. back years ago, and before the whole fast and furious crazy you could somewhat do it safely on back roads. but now whith 100+ people trying to stand around and watch to civic race and people trying to race from stop light to stop light is just way too much of a rist.

also if you wanted to run SCCA you have messed up your chance at being competative because i think your in the DM class, which is some of the most modded and creative class. if you left the stock motor and suspension under it would would have better times. the b16 and trans adds 150-200lbs more on the nose of the car and throws off the handling. if you just changed wheels, and added springs and mayeb a stiffer rear bar, the car would have been more competative.

but its your car, your style and have fun.

ya thats completely true, i dont plan on racing SCCA, i will be getting a miata to race in the SCCA, im just doing some for fun autocross and hot lap track days at heartland park, but thanks for the information

anyone who calls a 13 second daily driver slow is insane

MoToX199
02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
here is my lightning...

MoToX199
02-07-2006, 03:59 PM

02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
i love those trucks :macho

Butters
02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by trick400ex

thats hott.

MoToX199
02-07-2006, 06:08 PM
thanks,i worked up fot that truck for along time,loli have alot invested in it,haha the only prob withit is that my quad cant fit in the back of it:blah:

Butters
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by trick400ex
thanks,i worked up fot that truck for along time,loli have alot invested in it,haha the only prob withit is that my quad cant fit in the back of it:blah:

who cares. its badass, i'll take it if you don't want it. thats what i want.

02-08-2006, 07:49 AM
u can get em for as little as 500. but body kits slow your top speed down like 10-20 mph

quadmaster88
02-08-2006, 08:58 AM

haha he got owned...

z400guy
02-08-2006, 09:23 AM
off topic, but trick400ex, how does the lightning do on gas? i was thinking about getting one, the only bad thing is i travel 45 miles to work one way everyday.

Butters
02-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by z400guy
off topic, but trick400ex, how does the lightning do on gas? i was thinking about getting one, the only bad thing is i travel 45 miles to work one way everyday.

don't worry about mpg, looks and power are worth it.