View Full Version : Help please.

Bighead1
02-03-2006, 07:00 PM
How do you disconnect the wires (to try to reuse them) in the dash thing. The thing that tells you if your in neutral rever... On a 05' 400ex?

Nick110
02-03-2006, 08:09 PM
ok first you loosin the bolts on the bearing carrier. then you take out the master link in ur chain. drain ur gas, take off ur airbox and that will lead u to the wires u are lookin for.
then u take a wire striper and strip them completely. hook them up to a battery and that should fix the problem. for more help pm me man. im out HOLLA

Bighead1
02-03-2006, 08:14 PM
I dont know if we're on the same page. Are you talkin about the wires that hook up to the egnition key and neutral light? I dont think I explained the hole situation. I'm gonna change my handlebars out for renthals, I was looking at it a while ago and the wires that hook up to the dash thing are in the way of changing them. I want to take the lights out and ignition out of the holder and reuse them and or relocate them with out the holder.

Nick110
02-03-2006, 08:25 PM
ooooo i was thinkin of somethin else. sorry. follow the wires to the end and see where they connect. they should just pop out of the dash. if ur pulling hard and they arent comming out your prolly not doin it the right way and should stop. lemme know

luvmyex
02-03-2006, 08:40 PM
lmfao:devil:

Bighead1
02-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Na man there is no where for it t disconnect from the dash.