PDA

View Full Version : Dunes and S-drags motor

sixer3
02-03-2006, 03:03 PM
i live in southern california and wanna do some motor work while my leg heals, stupid backyard football games, anyways, i do a lot of duning and sand-dragging, and i have all the regular stuuf, pipe, jets, filter, really im just thinkin what would be better for me a stroker or just a 416 or 426 no stroke, of course the cam, i like rippin through the dunes but theres nothin like smokin fools at the strip or up comp, let me know what u guys think, gear ratios are also appreciated

underpowered
02-03-2006, 03:20 PM
i was contemplating the same thing, but for a dirt drag bike. my plans were as follows
+4 stroke crank
13:1 je 89mm stroker piston
+1mm kibble white valves
Full race port and polish
450r carb, no choke
full exhaust (Not sure on brand)
hot cams stroker cam
kibble white valve springs and retainers
lightened flywheel
polish some gears
HD clutch kit
possibly deck teh head, no base gasket, 1 layer head gasket
MSD ignition, fully adjustable
plus some more odds and ends
gearing is something you have to play with to get what you want.

400EX QUADER
02-03-2006, 05:15 PM
get a stock yfz carb... it's a fcr 39mm. I have one forsale. they work great.:)

sixer3
02-03-2006, 11:33 PM
hmm well, i wanted to keep my compression around 11.5:1 but u guys do suggest strokers as the best power for duning and sand dragging?, i've heard good and bad rumors about the revving factor, i have the cash right now to get it done right i just dont know what right is yet :)

B-rad D
02-04-2006, 12:34 AM
i have a hmf system and that did a hole lot my my is porting and new front shocks

underpowered
02-04-2006, 07:31 AM
my buddy has a 460 stroker, it is one of the fastest revving motors i have seen. revs much faster than even a YFZ. very fast bike, the setup il isted is very simmilar to his setup, but i want to go a little farther and do more than he did.