PDA

View Full Version : Pretty fast for a 6!

Matt37
02-03-2006, 12:51 PM
It is was beautful here today in NJ, about 65 degrees and sunny.

So i decided to take the GN down to the drags.

I ran a 12.7, not bad for a V6. And also considering that I have very minimal mods on the car.

Butters
02-03-2006, 01:00 PM
thats why turbos are cool. i know a guy that has a twin turbo v6 mustang running 10's.

NacsMXer
02-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Nice bro, 12.7 is a respectable number. You ain't got no dinky V6 though, you have a little friend called boost on your side..:p

I'm driving a Procharged 5.4L F-150 @ 9psi, setup out of the box. Running low 14 seconds as is.

This spring will come custom dyno tuning, injectors, mass air sensor, ditch the FMU, and a 12 psi pulley. When everything's all said and done, if we get a mid-low 13 second 4x4 truck, we'll be happy.

That's fast as chit for a 4x4 truck, and even then, you'll still be faster than me! :D

Is your GN a daily driver? It's nice to know you can take on most anything you find yourself up against on the street.

Racing Rice
02-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I'd love to have a nice Grand National. My wife says they are ugly. I told her that if I bought one I wouldn't let her drive my "ugly" car then.:macho

Matt37
02-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I'd love to have a nice Grand National. My wife says they are ugly. I told her that if I bought one I wouldn't let her drive my "ugly" car then.:macho

Thats funny.

That is exactly what my wife says, They are very 80's looking that is for sure.

But I kind of like the 80's look.

Hey atleast they don't have the digital speedometer like the 80's vettes had! Talk about ultimate 80's look! :eek2:

Nacs, No my GN is not my daily driver.

I have an Avalanche also,

My toy cars are my vette, GTO Judge, and my GN.

Racing Rice
02-03-2006, 01:15 PM
There is just something sexy about the GN that most women can't see... Oh yeah, it's called Twin Turbo, V6, tire shredding, fun. :devil:

Got any pics? Dude you have one nice collection of cars.

NacsMXer
02-03-2006, 01:16 PM
What mods are done to your Buick and how much boost are you running? I know those GN's are getting hard to come by now, all the good ones are fetching some serious coin. I have this video of a built TT GN pushing 1000+ HP :eek2: Sounded like a fighter jet as it spooled and started burning out on the dyno....too cool :cool: