PDA

View Full Version : hare scrambles set-up help

patrickj75
02-03-2006, 12:10 PM
looking at trying a hare scrambles race but need some set-up help. what do i need?

450RGNCC
02-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Is that your bike in your sig? If so, you might want to make your quad narrower if the track that you are racing on is narrow, but i made +2 arms work for me, since the track i race on isnt very narrow. other than that, get good tires (Razr and Razr2 are my preference), a steerng stabilizer (the expensive ones are really nice, but the cheaper ones will still do the job), and good protection (good skid plates, a good front bumper, and i like handguards) those are the basics, from there if you want to spend the money, get better shocks and hop up your motor.

geogeorge
02-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
looking at trying a hare scrambles race but need some set-up help. what do i need?

Take the sway bar off, you can get 4, 1 offset rims so you can keep your longer A-arms. Hyper are good ones. Good tires, I like Holeshot HD rear and XCT for the front. YOU DO wont to get rear skid and a belly skid as well. Just think in trems of making your quad a tank. You can only go so fast in the woods so think to make your quad last and stay in one peice.

prepracing
02-04-2006, 07:48 PM
with what you already have showing in sig...get some 4 to 1 offset front wheels, good skid plates, and some 6ply XC tires of your choice, handguards are a plus and most organized racing will require a tether cord kill switch