PDA

View Full Version : HoT Rods Stroker crank and piston? stroker information needed??

rooinater
02-03-2006, 03:47 AM
i've been contemplating getting a big bore kit for my 400ex since i went up to cinder hills in flagstaff, az. i need the extra power for loose and extremely tall hillclimbs.

i came across the hot rods stroker crank and piston. in my atv magazine www.hotrodsproducts.com. i am really wondering if i should drop the 440 kit and just go for the 4mm stroker. what all is envolved with doing the stroker kit? boring the cylinder, clearancing anything? or any other things i need to buy. i've done a bunch of research on the 440 kits. but can't seem to find too much about the strokers for the 400ex...

i don't race the quad, it's only for recreational fun. i live about 20 minutes from the imperial dunes in yuma, az. so it'll mainly be seeing the open desert and the dunes.

what else am i going to have to buy? cam, carb jetting or carb, full exhaust, other internal parts? all help is greatly appreciated! i'm presently deployed overseas for a few more months. i'm planning on starting to order parts and start the tear down when i get home. websites and contact info would be greatly helpful also!

Semper Fidelis,
Jared

underpowered
02-03-2006, 06:25 AM
check here, alot of info on strokers, different set-ups, adn the poower characteristics.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206641