PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki LT-R450 QuadRacer Press Intro - Ride Test

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Devore, CA - Suzuki invited the media from around the World to test their new LT-R450 QuadRacer at the famous Glen Helen Raceway in sunny California and ATVriders.com was one of the few websites invited.

I arrived in California on Tuesday evening, and I spent Wednesday riding the new Quadracer at Glen Helen in completely stock setup for the morning, and for the afternoon the Yoshimura Cherry Bomb was installed with its 7HP boost in power, which really woke up this beast.

I have been so busy the past several months that I haven’t been on an ATV since October, and the last time I rode on an MX track was August, but after only a few laps on the LT-R450, I had the confidence to triple into the whoops and clear every double and table top on the track besides one triple, which had a flat landing and I just didn’t want to risk it, and I was much more impressed with the LTR450 than I ever expected, but I will save all the details until I have more time to test the LT-R450 this weekend at Glen Helen because I plan on racing atleast one moto in round one of the ATVA MX Nationals, but I doubt that I will race on Sunday unless I actually win, which I doubt since this will be the first time that I have ever raced at an MX National.

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Also, since that I am not a seasoned MX racer, I decided it would be best to have a Pro MX Racer to test the new Suzuki for ATVriders.com, so I invited Top Ten Pro Rider, Jason Dunkelberger, to take a spin on the new LTR450 and give me his feedback.

I picked Jason because he is one of the few Top 10 Pros that isn't signed by any one manufacturer, and I wanted to get an unbiased opinion. Again with out going into all the details yet, I will say that Jason was pleasantly surprised with the QuadRacer.

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:29 AM
William Yokley also was in attendance, so I also had him provide some feedback on the LTR450, and he looked like a natural on the MX track. He also will be racing the QuadRacer this weekend at Glen Helen.

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Ofcourse Doug Gust & Jeremiah Jones were in attendance

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Here is the solution for the Rear Number Plate

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:34 AM
I think the new QuadRacer will be perfect for the woods with only a few changes, but the one thing is that it doesn't have a standard full swingarm skid, but does provide rotor and chain protection with a smaller rear skidplate

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:36 AM
Suzuki attention to detail on this machine is incredible and the reason for the Front shock Reservoirs being turned backwards is to move the center of gravity inward

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Yoshimura will be releasing a Kick Start Kit in the very near future, but no retail value has been set yet. It is expected to cost between $300 - $400 and will save several pounds of weight

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Yoshimura also has several enhancements products available, and I will go into more details on these in the article.

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Suzuki will also offer their own Accessories for the LTR450

Admin
02-03-2006, 01:42 AM
The Team Suzuki Yoshimura will run Fox Shox and Walsh Components including a Walsh Rear Linkage

Admin
02-03-2006, 02:05 AM
I hope you enjoyed this brief preview of the new Suzuki LTR-450, and it will be followed by an in-depth article on the new QuadRacer along with some videos from the press intro in the very near future.

Here are some teaser photos from the first day of riding the LTR450, which I am sure you will enjoy, so wish me luck this weekend, and I am now moving into race mode.

ATVriders.com will be providing photo updates through out the weekend from the Glen Helen MX Nationals, so be sure to check back through the day Saturday and Sunday for updates.

Suzuki LT-R450 QuadRacer Photo Gallery Link (http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006suzukiltr450quadracerpressintro/index.html)

LTandRaptorider
02-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Thanks Harlen! :cool:

The new LT looks great, and would make a nice compliment to my old LT I believe! ;)

PeeWee21
02-03-2006, 05:54 AM
I'm just glad to see that all your hard work on this site has paid it's dues!!! You're the man Harlen!!!!!!!

SPARKS450RTT
02-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Why a solid rear disc?.. seems like a slotted one would help disperse heat better...

bradley300
02-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Admin
William Yokley also was in attendance, so I also had him provide some feedback on the LTR450, and he looked like a natural on the MX track. He also will be racing the QuadRacer this weekend at Glen Helen.

GO YOKE! i love seeing guys criss cross series

02-03-2006, 07:50 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

02-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks harlen.......Good write up, and good luck on saturday. We will all be waiting for the full review.

nowukno
02-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey Harlen , How would you compare the power to the other 450's stock for stock?

rooster300ex
02-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm gonna have to get my dad to go and act like he wants to buy one, so we can test ride it. :D

bwamos
02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks Harlen.

I'm really glad to hear the good reviews still coming in.

yoshz400rider
02-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Hey what kind of gear is Yoke wearing in the picture doesnt look like Fly.

450robot
02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
hey harlen, you dont by chance have a this pic in a 1024x768 for my background do ya?

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006suzukiltr450quadracerpressintro/images/DSC_0005.jpg

SAND LUVR
02-03-2006, 06:04 PM
HEY Harlen, I will be out there sunday. I hope to meet you.

Pappy
02-03-2006, 06:24 PM
becareful out there you nutball:cool: and good luck tomorrow:macho

bud14
02-03-2006, 07:51 PM
i got the chance to ride one of the ne ltr450r for my job to let them know how it was. and i had a blast on it. i didnt ride it at glen helen with ever one i road it in lake elsanore cali. and the best part was my job let me keep it to ride the whole year since money is short. i live the bike,

Admin
02-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I rode today in practice at Glen Helen on the LTR450, which was a blast, but I have since decided not to race due to the amount of responsiblility that I have at as Media Coordinator.

It sucks because I was really wanted to race in the Stock Class, but I have to think of the big picture and not just about what I would personally like to do.

Also, William Yokley has since decided not to race as well because he doesn't want to risk injury before the GNCC opener in Florida.

I will be posting photos and updates from Glen Helen later tonight.

02-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Duty calls ...... we all thank you. Those pics you got of the ltr are the best anywhere on the net.

JRP
02-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Admin
I rode today in practice at Glen Helen on the LTR450, which was a blast, but I have since decided not to race due to the amount of responsiblility that I have at as Media Coordinator.

It sucks because I was really wanted to race in the Stock Class, but I have to think of the big picture and not just about what I would personally like to do.

Also, William Yokley has since decided not to race as well because he doesn't want to risk injury before the GNCC opener in Florida.

I will be posting photos and updates from Glen Helen later tonight.

hey harlen, thanks for getting us all the info on the race.. even though it means not racing.. that shows how much u care about the site. thanks alot man.:cool: :)

Johnny & Monica
02-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Wheres the race coverage going to be so we can watch all day ?

Honda
02-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Looks like Honda and the rest of the gang are realy going to have to step it up..............

Let the Games Begin!

2muchquad
02-06-2006, 01:14 PM
you can already tell just by the smallish exhaust opening that its gonna be choked right off the floor.i thought this was advertised as "race ready"? yeah right

slicknickz
02-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
you can already tell just by the smallish exhaust opening that its gonna be choked right off the floor.i thought this was advertised as "race ready"? yeah right

Just take out the pea shooter and it wakes up. Its called emissions .... Just Stop talking:rolleyes:

jfarrar30
02-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by slicknickz
Just take out the pea shooter and it wakes up. Its called emissions .... Just Stop talking:rolleyes:

hahahahaha:macho

KWAD GAWD
02-06-2006, 08:55 PM
The bike is race ready. For those who don't understand the EPA regulations for ATV sales, don't judge the bike. You haven't ridden it, I luckily was one of the few at Glen Helen this past week and the thing is awesome. Yes, it's plugged up off the floor - they all are, they HAVE to be. It's 40 HP as it rolls off the showroom. Remove the air box lid, take out the baffle/spark arrestor screen - add the $40 Yoshimura "Cherry Bomb" plug in unit and it's instantly 47 HP. And yes, it rips. I rode it both ways. It handles great, it's fast, it shifts awesome, the stock suspension is phenominal, the 6ply Dunlop tires are sweet. All it needs is better bars and grips, a set of pro peg nerfs and you can win any A class MX race on this bike, no questions. Invest $7,500 instead of $15,000 - you'll be happy you did. I can't images what a Yosh full system exhaust would do. I image it would put you up to 51-52 horse. The new Suzuki is completely awesome.

badvox
02-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
The bike is race ready. For those who don't understand the EPA regulations for ATV sales, don't judge the bike. You haven't ridden it, I luckily was one of the few at Glen Helen this past week and the thing is awesome. Yes, it's plugged up off the floor - they all are, they HAVE to be. It's 40 HP as it rolls off the showroom. Remove the air box lid, take out the baffle/spark arrestor screen - add the $40 Yoshimura "Cherry Bomb" plug in unit and it's instantly 47 HP. And yes, it rips. I rode it both ways. It handles great, it's fast, it shifts awesome, the stock suspension is phenominal, the 6ply Dunlop tires are sweet. All it needs is better bars and grips, a set of pro peg nerfs and you can win any A class MX race on this bike, no questions. Invest $7,500 instead of $15,000 - you'll be happy you did. I can't images what a Yosh full system exhaust would do. I image it would put you up to 51-52 horse. The new Suzuki is completely awesome.

So since you actually got to ride it... Tell more about the shifting? Did you start in 2nd? 3rd? Did you do any shifting without the clutch? if so how was that?

With the cdale efi and any efi in a car you dont apply gas to start it. What was the starting procedure like? Normal? You dont give it anygas right?

02-18-2006, 10:05 AM
So what happened to the ATVRIDERS full review on the LTR??

jfarrar30
02-18-2006, 05:19 PM
from riding mine the shifting is excellent.ive done clutchless shift but nothing under full power and it does it well.ive done 2cd start but i doubt it will do a third it is geared to tall.i did a second gear start with the yoshi on it and when you release the clutch this bike checks out you get a good launch before you need to shift to third.im hoping the tranny is as bulletproof as the cannondales.i did wot shifts no clutch constantly for 3 yrs on the same tranny and never had a problem.

starting is a little different than a dale.it does have a manual choke.it was 10 degrees here this morning and i gave it full choke and it came right to life.it starts alot faster than a dale does.in the book it says if having a hard time starting you can apply 1/8th throttle.kinda like the older dales without the stepper motor.the fi system on it is really very basic but works well there are no hesitations and throttle response is awesome.