PDA

View Full Version : Wont start with Hotcams

brink400
02-02-2006, 10:20 PM
I recently installed a set of Hotcams in my friends brand new 06 YFZ. We threw in both the intake and exhaust cams. Now that the cams are in there we cant get the bike to fire up for anything. Ive tried rejetting and checked all valve clearances and everything. We set the motor to TDC then lined the dot on the intake cam up with the surface where the head and cam cover meet, then lined up the dot on the exhaust cam with the same surface. Is that how you are supposed to do it? There were 13 pins in between the upper dots, then i changed it to 14 pins. Im just wondering if maybe I am a tooth off or something. I remember when my other friend messed up doing the cam mod and jumped an extra tooth and we couldnt get it to start, but now it seems like the cams are lined up correctly. Im just looking for ideas on what to look for now. Its really frustrating having this bike sitting around and not being able to fire the thing up to see how the cams perform. I guess if we run out of ideas we will be dropping the stock cams back in. I just dont want it to come down to that.