PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Wheeling My Warrior

TwiSTeDSoLDiER
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
What's up guys... Need alittle help. When i'm taking off with my Warrior, I can wheelie with no problem. Just give it alittle gas and pop the clutch. Now here's the 2 problem's i'm having...

1- I can't ride the wheelie out for more than about 15 feet. How do you switch gears while your wheeling? I pull the clutch in and the front wheels go right now.

2- I see people start wheelies in 2nd and 3rd gear. How do they do it? I can only get the front wheelies to come up when i'm taking off in 1st gear.

Bighead1
02-03-2006, 04:59 AM
Well the way I do it is just let off and shift. You may not supposed to be doing that but.... Ask around and see if its bad for the motor not to use the clutch when you shift on wheeliees. And your second problem, what kind of quads do you see them doing it on? Yours just may not be powerful enough. I may be wrong though bc i"ve never ridin a warrior but 1ce or 2ce.

lilwitting
02-03-2006, 08:26 AM
putin second rev it till its ready to blow and dump the clutch

Mean250r
02-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by lilwitting
putin second rev it till its ready to blow and dump the clutch

not a good idea!......

u might wanna try standing on the grab bar untill u find ur balanceing point, when riding a wheelie, shifting with the clutch Will not work, u have to shift with no clutch

TILLER
02-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
not a good idea!......

u might wanna try standing on the grab bar untill u find ur balanceing point, when riding a wheelie, shifting with the clutch Will not work, u have to shift with no clutch shifting in a wheelie can be done with the clutch .. i do it both ways

as for 15 feet and running out of gear u need to get higher so your using balance and not just engine power

try putting your left foot in our grab bar and right foot over the rear brake..

practice practice and more practice

hondajoe05
02-03-2006, 03:11 PM
well a warrior IMO isn't the best wheelie machine but you jus gotta keep tryin to find the sweet spot

pit/wood
02-03-2006, 04:23 PM
get up on the pegs,but like tiller said "practice practice and more practice"I started learning wheelies on a 200es(big red)it was about balance,not power.now I have this 400ex. I never start out in first,but once you get it up you have to use the lower end of your power band to keep youself up.when she is up I keep the throttle applied and then pull up on the shifter,when I want it to shift I just blip off the throttle (which unloads the trans,and will allow the gear change to occur)and come back with the throttle to maintain my balance.I ride in 100 acre bean fields,I get up to 5th this way.At high speeds if you are up on the pegs the wind becomes alot of help.thats how I do it.but I have the power to do it,I think you could get into 2nd or 3rdi guess,who knows.

whiteflash
02-03-2006, 06:23 PM
when i shift during a wheelie i blip the throttle to go a little past the balance point, then i pull the clutch and shift, and get back on the gas..but you have to be quick.

wolffie
02-04-2006, 01:44 PM
wheelying a warrior/350 raptor is one of the toughest things to do! i used to have a 350 raptor, and everything people said on here is pretty much true (practice being the most important thing)

but to be honest with you, you should really invest in some aftermarket parts! get an HMF pipe, FMF powerbomb header, K@N, throw away the airbox lid, and rejet your carb! also get some tires because the stock ballonish banshee tires suck for balancing even though they bring the front end up easy!

i put my left leg in the back of the grab bar! the only problem with this, is you can shift!! you need to force ALOT of your weight back in the rear and ballance the machine with steady throttle control! it takes alot of practice! dont expect to be doing really great fast wheelies either. i think the longest fast wheelie i have ever done was about a football field or so! slow wheelies can be done pretty easy though as long as you work on your ballance! good luck!

wolffie
02-04-2006, 01:45 PM