PDA

View Full Version : KFX/DVX/YFZ/or TRX I dont know which

cody_2327
02-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey guys I am getting a new fourwheeler and cannot decide which one to get. I do alot of trial riding with some rocky hills, and also I plan to race some this year and well the rest of my life to.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

DVXchic
02-03-2006, 10:53 AM
I think you should go with the DVX, I prefer the looks of them, they are original. and of course all the z400/kfx parts are interchangable. I built mine from both z and dvx parts.

Heres the list you were asking 4.
Z400 frame
Custom ordered DVX plastic
Axis shocks
elka rebuild rear shock
Rekluse clutch
ported and polished head
stage 2 hotcams
Houser swingarm (not installed)
FTR full system exhaust
custom seat
tag bars
Blingstar bumper
beadlocks/190s
frame guard
Burgard a arms
G force axle
and some othe crap i cant thik of right now.
Heres an older pic, different stuff on it.

DVXchic
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
and the newer pic, not a very good one

ltz400rider118
02-04-2006, 08:21 AM
nice arctic crap.. wheres the fenders?? I am glad suzuki found someone to buy the blem parts and build a quad with them.

As far as which quad is the one to get. go test ride all of them and then decide. I love my z400 and plan on keeping it for awhile.

MoToX199
02-04-2006, 11:25 AM
haha to bad your z400 is made from the same company and parts,so your riding the crap also,and if you see any poll most people like the looks of the dvx better,not the z,dvx is better withis removable fenders,differnt color options,and its alot more comfortable then the z,so if you have and more **** to talk about them,then lets race,and all you will be seeing is that what you call arctic crap behind(and lots of dirt)lol,anyway i would go with the dvx,it looks really nice,and alot of people really dont have them,so i think its good to be different,i wouldnt go with the 400ex,i mean i had one for many years and it was reailble as could be,i never had one prob with it,but now days its getting out dated,unlike the dvx,z400,and yfz,it is not liquid cooled which now days most quads come standard with,also it doesnt have rezzie shocks,which all theres come stock with,you can buy the 450 shocks for it but,there goes 200 bucks that you could be spending on something else. The yfz is more of a motocross bike,if that is what you were doing then i would def. reccomend that,but in the trails you will prolly not like cause it makes most of its power closer to its top end,where the dvx,and z400 have great power all around which is great for the trails,it also has reverse which is nice also,the new 400ex's have reverse to,but now the new ones are heavier then the previous models which causes them to be even slower,there are alot of after market products out ther for each quad,you can make any quad into a trail quad,but it all comes down to how much money you are willing to spend on getting it that way,i hope this helps with your decision,one last thing dvxchic that is one sick *** quad!

DVXchic
02-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Someone always has to talk sh*t about someones elses stuff. Personally i think its jelousy, knowing that his LTZ will never look as good as any DVX, IMO.

Thanks for the good comment trick, why dont you post a pic of yours.

MoToX199
02-05-2006, 06:37 AM
thanks,i get really ticked when people come on here and talk crap about other peoples quads,alot of people work hard for what they have,and there is no reason to bring down a persons pride just because you dont like it,if you dont like it then just keep it to your self,i have worked very hard for my dvx,and now that it was stolen i have nothin to show for it,so if you have any probs. with anything just keep quiet,i think you would be mad also if you posted your quad up here and evreyone else started to say crap about it,it doesnt matter what you think of our quads anyway because we like them,thats why after my quad got stolen i went out and got another DVX,heres my new DVX that i got about a month ago,it is just stock for now but iwill get some parts up on her soon:) i took these after i about a week...

CHEVYZ
02-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Those are some nice DVXs.... the all black one of course, and I am digging the color shceme on yours trick400ex. Surprising too, I usually like the KFX/Z 400s better ( By looks).

For the fourwheeler question, the 450 may not be the answer here. My vote goes to the Z/KFX/DVX 400.... which ever you prefer.

MoToX199
02-05-2006, 08:32 AM
thank you,what i like about the DVX's is that the plastics are removable so you can change color to what ever you want

NPelletier
02-05-2006, 08:39 AM
umm, on every bike the plastics are removable, anyway, i think that dvx looks pretty cool, ive been a dihard Honda/Yamaha rider all my life and a bike i suggest for all around riding would have to be porb one of the TRX's from HONDA, a buddy of mine has a TRX400EX and he loves it, he's yet to race it yet, but it looks like a good bike for both....i think the dvx looks really big compared to most bikes....well, just trying to help u dicide....:D

Thank You,
Norm Pelletier :devil:

MoToX199
02-05-2006, 08:39 AM
i took a couple pics this moring,sorry its a little dirty...

MoToX199
02-05-2006, 08:44 AM
really? well guess what,instead of me cutting my fenders all i have to is undo 4 bolts and im done,and i can change the color of my quad to anythin with out spending lots of money,it only cost me 120 bucks to get new fenders,which on a 400ex can be very expansive,and yes the DVX is big,the 400ex is a small quad,there is nothin great about them,i had one for 4 years,there just getting outdated sorry

cody_2327
02-05-2006, 09:16 AM
i've just been wondering how does the dvx do out on the track.

CHEVYZ
02-05-2006, 10:20 AM
It will do decently. The 450s are a better buy for the track though.........

shorgasm
02-05-2006, 06:03 PM
This thread is hilarious....hilarious..
1st...The DVX and the EX are basically the same...I mean really close.Other than the front 6" of frame they look like copies of each other.
2nd..The 400EX is actually 3lbs more...and a bit longer.The DVX is a smidge wider.The DVX is most def NOT bigger.
3rd..The DVX is the clear winner.....add in reverse and Liquid cooled.Suzuki(like Honda) never made a bad motor.
4th..Here is my breakdown on the plastic..The KAW/Suz is stronger but ugly...The DVX fenders can be fussy but are easily replaced and CHEAP!..The DVX headlight is light years better..both in function and looks.

I have both...02 400ex(girls) and a New 04 DVX (mine)..add in the fact I ride a CR500R and I'll tell ya both are slow.:p

AceLtz
02-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Id say go with a trx. If you are planning on racing the 450 is a clear winner here. If you do get a dvx or one of its clones your going to wish you had gotten a trx. Because of the geometry of it and the power of the engine. The trx is better all around. I have a z400 and ill admit that the trx is a better mx'er, has more power, and just feels better.

MoToX199
02-06-2006, 01:01 PM
haha how is a 400ex frame and a dvx frame a like? please fill me in,there not even close. On the dvx the battey is mounted underneath the seat where on the 400 ison the side,on the left side of the subframe the is dips alot compared to ther ight side,where on the DVX the subframe is wider then the 400ex,the frame it self is also longer the 400ex. and yes the DVx id alot bigger then the 400ex,i used to have one for four years belive me i knew that thing like the back of my hand,the dvxis bigger. and also the dvx plastic is stronger then the z/kfx,they tend to breal more easily at the mounting brackets( that is what i ave heard,i have a z/kfx so i coundnt tell if if this true), and the DVX plastics are not that hard to take off,but yea theyare cheap to buy if you break them