PDA

View Full Version : bent handlebars

One_Bad_400
07-12-2002, 12:14 PM
i was riding today and i bent my 250EX handlebars, are there any aftermarket brands that are made to where i don't have to relocate my lights and key, cause i really don't feel like having to do that, if not, i'll just go back to the factory h-bars.

thanx

250exen
07-12-2002, 01:19 PM
if u get any atv bend bars u shouldnt have to move ur lights and key. it will be a little tight if u get a crossbar pad but it will work

Yoshi400ex
07-14-2002, 09:03 PM
i dont think it will work ........if u need a pair of stock bars i took mine off before i even rode the quad so they are show-room cond.

Buzzsaw
07-14-2002, 09:10 PM
you buy renthals and remove cross bar

07-14-2002, 11:37 PM
hey man..mine got all bent up and i but msr bars on it with a renthal 400 bend and all you gotta do is put the pad on the right side of the cross bar when you need to use the choke..its actually better than them hideous stock bars,hope this helps

TRX250EXER
07-16-2002, 12:04 AM
ive bent so many bars on my quad. usually from jumping and bottoming out the shocks too hard. any atv bar will work with the black plastic. I still have mine on there. I have had moose bars. Dominators. Pro Racing aluminums. I glad Ive never paid for the renthals. Id be pissed if I bent 90 dollar bars. Im a little pissed at my friend for rolling it over and bending my new pro racing alums. Dont buy moose bars if you jump a lot. I bent them things so far forward one time by nosing it too hard. granted I was up in the air like 10 feet and came straight down on the front end on a little 250ex. but still the moose bars suck. Oh the bar pads dont get in the way. If you have them over the choke it really easy just to take the pad off or slide it over.

Pro400EXC
07-16-2002, 12:43 AM
Haha,yah remove the cross bar on a sewt of renthals,and thats not too bright, the bar is there for a reason(for strenght) you take the bar off,and they are just as or weaker than the stockers.

Alos,yah some Renthal 400ex bend or whatever you want should work with those ugly good for nothing plastic bar clamp covers.

One_Bad_400
07-16-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by TRX250EXER
ive bent so many bars on my quad. usually from jumping and bottoming out the shocks too hard. any atv bar will work with the black plastic. I still have mine on there. I have had moose bars. Dominators. Pro Racing aluminums. I glad Ive never paid for the renthals. Id be pissed if I bent 90 dollar bars. Im a little pissed at my friend for rolling it over and bending my new pro racing alums. Dont buy moose bars if you jump a lot. I bent them things so far forward one time by nosing it too hard. granted I was up in the air like 10 feet and came straight down on the front end on a little 250ex. but still the moose bars suck. Oh the bar pads dont get in the way. If you have them over the choke it really easy just to take the pad off or slide it over.

yea, i'm not going to pay 80 bucks for the renthals and then bend them too, thanx for the help everbody, i'll check out these that you have recommended