PDA

View Full Version : has anybody used the works spring kit

quad9
02-02-2006, 06:23 PM
has anybody used the works spring kit? just wondering about results?

XCRACER26
02-02-2006, 06:32 PM
myne will be here monday.

Over-land 450r
02-02-2006, 06:33 PM
yea i have them with plus 2s. there sweet they soak up every thing. i dont no how they are compaired to real shock but dont care eather just the triple rate spring is enouff for me and a dual rate on the rear. did it all my self. when you land one one side and it jerks your body you dont get that any more. id recomend it if you on a budget. great customare sevice i think. theeeey lost my order they found it felt bad and 3day shiped it to me. no complaint.

ny300exrider
02-02-2006, 06:45 PM
how much is this for the front and rears?

XCRACER26
02-02-2006, 06:50 PM
for all three and dual ratre ZPL with tax was 367.56.

lil_billy_300ex
02-02-2006, 08:57 PM
i bought my 05 450r with a works spring kit on it, i got to ride on a track once, i had the shocks set the softest and it rode over whoops and bumps like a dream but on bigger stuff it bottomed out. id say it would be a good investment but you gotta adjust them alot depends what kinda track your on. but im very happy with them.

02-03-2006, 10:27 AM
i would really like to know more about these as well.
i'm on a budget. was previously looking at $600 for GT thunder set-up. But, if these work well, i may go this route and spend the extra cash on something else!!! i ride XC. think they are worth it for this type of riding!! we need a detailed report!!! lol.

02-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by force
i would really like to know more about these as well.
i'm on a budget. was previously looking at $600 for GT thunder set-up. But, if these work well, i may go this route and spend the extra cash on something else!!! i ride XC. think they are worth it for this type of riding!! we need a detailed report!!! lol. you can save ALOT of money on the GTThunder setup if you order them through www.Aggressivepowersports.com ...tell him Jumbo747 sent you. Call him at least and see your price. I just ordered mine through him and it was not even close to $600 ;) and believe me, this shock revalve with link and new front springs WILL be better then a pretty expensive spring kit. Why not do it right force you 22" tire SOB :blah:

XCRACER26
02-03-2006, 04:43 PM
me and my uncle have the same exact quads, I rode his with them and the ride is alot smoother, so are akward jumps. havent rode his quad on a full fledge track though. but that was enough to covince me. I cant wait till i get them.

Over-land 450r
02-03-2006, 07:12 PM
front triple rates ZPS 200 bucks and so is the rear dual rateZPS.

they have them for XC also. same price i believe. you can pic from a couple different sets of the colors. lety me no if you have any Questions. rob

trx400exxracer
02-03-2006, 08:02 PM
my friend sent his shocks off to works and got them revalved and springed by works for xc racing and they feel pretty good

but I would go with GT thunder

02-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
you can save ALOT of money on the GTThunder setup if you order them through www.Aggressivepowersports.com ...tell him Jumbo747 sent you. Call him at least and see your price. I just ordered mine through him and it was not even close to $600 ;) and believe me, this shock revalve with link and new front springs WILL be better then a pretty expensive spring kit. Why not do it right force you 22" tire SOB :blah:

lmao
mix, i can't believe you're giving me some advice. i'm actually scared to call the guy. it could be a set up. it's cool we can joke now. i remember when the words "22 inch tire" got alot of people fired up.

anyway, thanks for the information. i may have to look into this.
but, one question. how can this guy sell them so cheap? is it a GTT copy?

450robot
02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
the gtthunder is more expensive because they also revalve your shock for your, and the spring upgrade appropriately

the works does not, you will not see big difference from just multirate springs alone, sure, the absorbtion will be a lil smoother, but that will never change how they compress and rebound, and react to different tuning settings

02-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by force
lmao
mix, i can't believe you're giving me some advice. i'm actually scared to call the guy. it could be a set up. it's cool we can joke now. i remember when the words "22 inch tire" got alot of people fired up.

anyway, thanks for the information. i may have to look into this.
but, one question. how can this guy sell them so cheap? is it a GTT copy?

it could be a setup. you wont know untill you call. No, he can sell this cheap because he's THA MAN and he is a company. you pay ALOT more when you order directly through Laz. Just give Corey a call or email him. are you on 450rhq.com? thats where I met him from. When you order the shocks through him you are pretty much getting them at cost price I think. i am not really sure but these are definately not a gtthunder copy. these are done by Laz himself