PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses

ShiftFMX
02-02-2006, 02:23 PM
What brand of shades do ya'll wear? I just broke me $80 Ralph Lauren glasses so Im in the market for some new ones. I'm thinkin of either getting some Oakleys or Spy's. I kinda diggin the white frames :cool:

These Spy's are sweet...
http://www.spyoptic.com/media/the_products/scoop/models/eswh00p_lg.jpg

dangle
02-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I wear smith folsoms:
http://www.expnproshop.com/graphics/products/20654.jpg

Mike

SGA
02-02-2006, 02:34 PM
I buy cheap sunglasses. Wal mart or the corner store in the 15 dollar range.

I suppose if i was trying to impress someone i would go for the name brand.

And ive also noticed the expensive sunglasses just look better than the cheap ones. Its hard to find a cheap pair that looks good.

My GF bought two pairs awhile back from a place that sells knock off styles. They had all the big name look alikes.
They look just like the 80 dollar pairs, but they sell for 20 apiece or two pair for 30

MotoX3
02-02-2006, 02:47 PM
A cheap set of aviators from wally world.

02Yellow400
02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
check out the bolle swishers....they are the dope show

02-02-2006, 02:59 PM
i have 5 pair of oakley/scratch that 4 pair...lost an old set of m-frames in the atlantic ocean in 2004...

i have:
blades
razerblades
zero
and half jacket

my wife has the square wire

those are worn only if i am not doing anything that can ruin them...otherwise...a cheap pair of wallyworld/mart glasses

Mxjunkie
02-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
A cheap set of aviators from wally world.

haha same here man :cool:

02-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Von Zipper and Utopias

http://www.usoutdoorstore.com/outlet/images/products/full/vz_projektor_brown_fade.jpg

http://www.utopiaoptics.com/catalog/sunglasses/attractor/attractor_penny_brown_clipped.jpg

bulkdriverlp
02-02-2006, 03:39 PM
fake oakleys, light green mirror lense:macho

NacsMXer
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Just got these SPY Coopers, they have such a chilled out frame. It has the sweet bronze fade lens and frame.
http://www.spyoptic.com/media/the_products/fashion/models/COZF94_lg.jpg

and

Oakley Gascan's in Rootbeer
https://www.zanzabarbazaar.com/ProductImages/BigImages/gascan-rootbeer-bronze.jpg

also have Von Zipper Philo's and Dragon Cage's in gloss black.

user101
02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
do you guys really think that spending 80 bucks on a pair of shades is gonna impress someone?

oh yea, the girls can't resist a guy with 80 dollar glasses:rolleyes:

ShiftFMX
02-02-2006, 03:49 PM
If your going to post stuff like that, Do it somewhere else. I didnt ask for your flaming comments, I asked for suggestions on what glasss I should buy.

trx400exxracer
02-02-2006, 03:53 PM
I have to pair of oakley's one of them is the MINUTE kind and I dont know what the other ones are and i have some sonic eywear glasses here they are

02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by user101
do you guys really think that spending 80 bucks on a pair of shades is gonna impress someone?

oh yea, the girls can't resist a guy with 80 dollar glasses:rolleyes: Who cares what other people do with their money? I have $100 sunglasses, but I didn't buy them to impress anyone, I bought them because I liked them. I would bet that this guys glasses came from the checkout isle at the big W.

armoks
02-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I wear the Oakley half jackets. Absolutely love these glasses. When at the range Oakley are some of the few they will let us wear because they are shatter resistant and they are opticaly correct.

NacsMXer
02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Who cares what other people do with their money? I have $100 sunglasses, but I didn't buy them to impress anyone, I bought them because I liked them. I would bet that this guys glasses came from the checkout isle at the big W.

Haha I know right. Who said we were trying to impress people with our sunglasses? Wearing shades is like anything else, you like them, and they complement your style. I bet he thinks I wear "name brand" shoes to impress people too :rolleyes:

Rip_Tear
02-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

Hellz ya! I've had more comments about how my fake oakleys looks sweet, even from people who know their fake.

user101
02-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Who cares what other people do with their money? I have $100 sunglasses, but I didn't buy them to impress anyone, I bought them because I liked them. I would bet that this guys glasses came from the checkout isle at the big W.

Arent you the guy that spent 800 bucks on an exhaust for your motorcycle...figures, it's only fittin that you spend $100 dollars on sunglasses

and your right about one thing...my sunglasses did come from Walmart

dangle
02-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I paid 80$ for the Smith's... like 120$ for my old polarized half-jackets..... Difference is I'll be able to see more than 10ft when i'm 60 b/c I'll still have retinas...

Mike

02-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Arent you the guy that spent 800 bucks on an exhaust for your motorcycle...figures, it's only fittin that you spend $100 dollars on sunglasses

and your right about one thing...my sunglasses did come from Walmart I didn't pay for that pipe, it was free...but if I did, what do you care how I spend my money? How does me buying an expensive pipe afect you?

user101
02-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Haha I know right. Who said we were trying to impress people with our sunglasses?

You guys know good and well thats the only reason you spend that much for a pair of f'ing sunglasses. Yall would be the ones who buy a Hummer and "bling" it out with big wheels and a $hhit load of chrome:rolleyes:

It's all pointless

02-02-2006, 04:33 PM
I didn't pay for that pipe, it was free...but if I did, what do you care how I spend my money? How does me buying an expensive pipe afect you?

user101
02-02-2006, 04:37 PM
kids :rolleyes:

dangle
02-02-2006, 04:41 PM
You guys know good and well thats the only reason you spend that much for a pair of f'ing sunglasses. Yall would be the ones who buy a Hummer and "bling" it out with big wheels and a $hhit load of chrome:rolleyes:

It's all pointless

I wouldn't ever own a SUV... especially one with bling on it... I'm with mxfourtwoeight... How does me spending money affect you? It's part of the perks of holding down a job and having responsiblity....

Mike

trx400exxracer
02-02-2006, 04:47 PM

It's all pointless

why would you want to put chrome on a offroad vehicle I would rather have a truck

but my brother spent about $125 on his sunglasses they were oakleys they started to fade he sent them to oakley and they sent him a new pair and he has had those pair for 7 years I also look for quality in my sunglasses

I dont buy anything over $100 dollars for sunglasses but I buy what I like and what fits me best

but I do see where you are coming from but I wouldnt say $80 dollar glasses arent that bad

NacsMXer
02-02-2006, 04:51 PM

It's all pointless

WTF do you care what sunglasses someone wears? You sound like someone with serious jealousy and anger issues.

Oh, and I like to wear Smith goggles too btw. I guess by your outlook on people, that is purely to impress other riders right off the track so I can fly past them :huh

Please take your negativity somewhere else..

02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
i will only wear Oakleys. I have three pairs

02-02-2006, 05:20 PM
kids :rolleyes: Yea, you're right. May I ask why you have a Honda 400ex? Why not just get a Yamazuki 400ez? I mean, it costs a few grand less, and it looks the same, whats the point in buying the Honda?

02-02-2006, 05:27 PM

It's all pointless

So then why would you pay for Elka's for your quad? Isn't that the same as buying stuff for a car. Yes.

:rolleyes:

01 400EXer
02-02-2006, 05:34 PM
I have Oakley Minutes. I have had many cheap Wally World glasses and know why they are as cheap as they are. Like said in an earlier post, Oakleys are shatter resistant and the clarity is unbelievable. My eyes are very sensative to sunlight and I think it is because I spend a lot of my time outside. At the age of 25 the doctor told me I had a lot of sun damage to my eyes and I can only think that it is due to not wearing sunglasses when I was a kid. I live on a farm and I am outside all of the time as well as swam a lot when I was a kid. I wear sunglasses all of the time even when it is somewhat cloudy. I have never paid full price for Oakleys because I purchase them on Ebay. I have been happy with every pair that I have had and own. I currently own 4 pairs of them and I break a pair o'well. I have had 2 pairs of them for more that 5 years and they have paid for themselve. Another way I look at it is the more you spend for a pair of sunglasses the better you take care of them. This is just my 2 cents, but what do I know.

TM426
02-02-2006, 05:39 PM

Yea kids. Some people are older then a 20 year old mechanic and make good money. I suppose if I just got out of high school and didn't have any continued education to be a mechanic I wouldn't buy $100 sunglasses. When you age and progress in your career you may be able to make big purchases and splurge a little. Once your testicles drop you may not slam people for spending the $ on glasses. I have a pair of oakleys and a pair of crap glasses. I wear my oakleys every day while driving because the quality is 1000 times better. I drive half my work day and would gladly pay it again.

02-02-2006, 05:46 PM
yah i get mine on ebay too but you have to be EXTREMELY careful and it is very risky due to the scammers. These days they have foakleys that are near impossible to tell they are not real.

02-02-2006, 05:46 PM
yah i get mine on ebay too but you have to be EXTREMELY careful and it is very risky due to the scammers. These days they have foakleys that are near impossible to tell they are not real.

wvspeedfreak
02-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

me too :cool:

ShiftFMX
02-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, (Except for User101). I think my next purchase will def. be some (OH MY GOD) 3 Digit shades :eek2:

Now I have to decide what color frame to get :p, My girlfriend works at a tennis shop and they sell oaks so she gets like 40% off...sweet, I'll get the MOST EXPENSIVE pair I can find :rolleyes:

user101
02-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
So then why would you pay for Elka's for your quad? Isn't that the same as buying stuff for a car. Yes.

:rolleyes:

Yes it is that same as buying "stuff" for a car but it's not the same as buying rims for a hmmer like I stated before. The Elkas actually serve a purpose while the Big rims on the hummer do not

ShiftFMX
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
!!!!

user101
02-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by TM426
Yea kids. Some people are older then a 20 year old mechanic and make good money. I suppose if I just got out of high school and didn't have any continued education to be a mechanic I wouldn't buy $100 sunglasses. When you age and progress in your career you may be able to make big purchases and splurge a little. Once your testicles drop you may not slam people for spending the $ on glasses. I have a pair of oakleys and a pair of crap glasses. I wear my oakleys every day while driving because the quality is 1000 times better. I drive half my work day and would gladly pay it again.

Lets get something straight. If your buying the sunglasses because they serve a purpose other than trying to make yourself look "cool" thats one thing....but when these kids on here spend their mom and dads money on $100 glasses to try and look "cool" it's completely pointless.

NacsMXer
02-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes it is that same as buying "stuff" for a car but it's not the same as buying rims for a hmmer like I stated before. The Elkas actually serve a purpose while the Big rims on the hummer do not

I think the purpose of a good pair of sunglasses is to fit your face well, to give proper UV protection, and not make you look like a goon in the process. Seeing how most plastic cheap sunglasses just look like crap, and make you look like a fool, that's why most people don't wear them. With more money, you pay for a quality sunglass, that will look legit, and will hold up better over time. Not to mention getting better lenses that enhance optic clarity and vision in certain light situations (just like goggles do).

Oakleys are made in the US and my SPY's are made in Italy just like their goggles. Just holding them in your hand, you can feel the quality and how well constructed they are. I like sunglasses with a nice bold rectangular frame and lenses. I am very picky about the shape so I only bought the ones I did because I like how they look and fit me. I would not find that same exact frame on a cheaper pair I can guarantee you that.

I also have a $10 pair of aviators which are full metal and the plastic name brand ones surpass it on every level in terms of quality.

Once you start to mature more, you will learn that every one has their own preferences. Getting your panties in a twist about what other people like gets you nowhere and only makes you look stupid. Everyone in this world differs about what they like and don't like so there's no use in whining if you don't agree with other people. I like to wear quality sunglasses so get off my nuts about it big deal...

wvspeedfreak
02-02-2006, 07:14 PM
but when these kids on here spend their mom and dads money on $100 glasses to try and look "cool" it's completely pointless.

I'd say that is an issue the kid and the parent will have to resolve between themselves.There are some things in life you buy just because you want to,not because you need them.this is America and last I checked,you had the right to spend your money how you please.

Quad18star
02-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I usually buy cheap glasses cuz I end up busting them up . I had a pair from Peeks Eyewear that I paid like $20 for and lasted me 2 years .... finally broke them the other day .

I had a pair of Spy Microscoop glasses ... silver frame with light blue mirrored lens . They were expensive but awesome glasses .... my dog ended up chewing them only a month after I got them . I'm in the market to buy another pair of them , but the $170 price tag is a kick in the nuts .

http://www.spyeyes.com/media/the_pr...s/MSCR20Glg.jpg

coolex
02-02-2006, 07:54 PM
user101 do u have ne thing done to ur stang

i role with fokleys

02-03-2006, 06:09 AM

mervin wanna be, i am 32...i like oakleys because they have an optical clarity above any other, feel comfortable, and can be used as safety glasses. I am married, so i don't really care who i "impress". Plus my eyes are sunlight sensitive so oakly is one of the few sunglass manufactureres that make a lens dark enough for me to see without any "squinting", the 100% uv protection helps with this also.

Are they worth the money i have spent for them? Yes, to me, they are. are they worth it to you...no, so then don't buy them and don't insult us...

i am sure you have bought something that i would feel is a waste of money...

MOFO
02-03-2006, 10:25 AM

Your an idiot spewing BS about something you know NOTHING about.

I'm 28 years old and have owned Oakley sunglasses for years now. Heck, I paid way more than $80-$100 for mine, but thats not the point. They are a well built and have superior optics compared to cheap "walmart style" sunglasses. If you ever tried a nice pair of sunglasses you would already know this.

You'd probably chit a brick if I told you how much I paid for a pair of Revo's years ago when I was taking flying lessons... again, they are probably the BEST pair of sunglasses I've ever owned....very expensive but best optical performance out there.

Next time you want to stir the pot, atleast know something about the topic at hand. :rolleyes: :o

ShiftFMX
02-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks Eric :o

infantry317
02-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Smith Threshold's & Oakley A-Wire Springs. I like em both but the Smith's are lighter and polarized.

RidinRed420
02-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I have to say I like Oakley best...

RidinRed420
02-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by RidinRed420
I have to say I like Oakley best...

Opps I didn't mean to send that yet.. But those are my first pair Oakleys I have another pair in Fire (Orange)...

I also have two pairs of these goggles, one with the Fire tints though.. They are the best goggles I've ever owned.

RidinRed420
02-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Haha I know right. Who said we were trying to impress people with our sunglasses? Wearing shades is like anything else, you like them, and they complement your style. I bet he thinks I wear "name brand" shoes to impress people too :rolleyes:

For real. Like with everything, you get what you paid for. I shop for quality, price is secondary. Why would I go out an buy a 10$ pair of sunglasses that don't fit me well or I don't like? I have 2 pairs of sunglasses, one I have had for 4 years the other for 3 years. Now people like my brother or my boyfriends dad, buy the 10-20$ pairs, but they don't take care of them and they lose them and break them constantly. I guarentee they have spent more on their "cheap" pair of glasses in the past 2 years than I have spent on mine the past 5 years. I paid alot for my Oakley, but I take care of them, and they last me a long time.