PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Problem

02-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok...heres the deal. I bought a used 250r right side engine case from what looks like to be a used atv surplus store. Here is what the auction stated in the description of the item..."This auction is for the right side inner case from a honda trx250r atv. item is in good working condition. please see sellers other items for lots of really nice 250r parts. will combine shipping on multiple items. will not end auctions early."

I paid the same day the auction ended via paypal. I recieved the case half three days later. Great shipping and it was packed good. I was looking over the case half when I noticed the area basically where the cranks sits is cracked and what looks like jb weld or something where someone tried to fix it before. So I'm a little upset because the auction did not stated anything about that. I saw this item last minute on ebay and didn't have time to send a question to the seller before the auction ended. There was another case half in another auction from the same seller that had the shifter area broken off and was stated in the auction.

I proceed to send the seller an email through ebay stating what the situation is. I did not make any rude comments in my email. I basically stated what was going on. I put in the email that I would send a seperate email with pics showing the area that was cracked since you cannot email pics through an ebay message. (not that I know of)

It's been 6 days since I sent the email statting the problem and pics. I got the sellers contact (phone number) through ebay and called him. I got his voicemail and left a message stating what was going on.

So my question is...what should I do if the seller does not contact me? Should I request a refund through paypal? I feel like I should either be refunded the full amount plus shipping to send it back or just refunded in general. I'm not sure if the area is even fixable and it it was I don't know how much that would cost and or if it would be safe to fix it.

Thanks for any help

stiffy
02-02-2006, 11:43 AM
I would file a complaint thats what I just did I bought a diaper bag and paid instantly and it's been 23 days I havn't seen it.

huffdaddy_400EX
02-02-2006, 12:09 PM
You need to file a claim through PayPal. Go to their web site and fill out the form. Put all the information that you just posted in the complaint. I have had to do that 3 times in the past and each and every time I won the claim.

02-02-2006, 12:16 PM
I filed a complaint before with other stuff...that's no biggie. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before I do it!

onefast400ex
02-02-2006, 12:21 PM
file a complaint immediately dont wait also leave approriate feedback

huffdaddy_400EX
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
If they have not responded in 7 days from the sale I would file the complaint. At that point PayPal will start bugging them and if thay don't reply to them they will reverse the full charges. I had that happen with my last complaint. They would not respond to me after trying for a week. I filed with PayPal and they would not respond to them either. About 20 days later I got a full refund and kept the item I won too.