PDA

View Full Version : moto mapping

chaz#32
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
what do you guyz mean when you say your cannondale
has moto mapping.
just wondering, i am buying a 02 cannibal this saturday
and am planning to race motocross i raced the usra (utah series)
last year on a 400ex it was the slowest quad ever but i took around 4th and 5th with it out of 10-12 quads.
so if you guyz got any motocross tips for the set up of the dales
let me know please.

CannondaleRider
02-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Mapping is the term for the "jetting" persay. Also the "CDI" control

The computer tells the FI system how much fuel to put in the motor, when, at what RPM, what throttle position, etc.

So when they say the have Moto Mapping, they loaded(with a computer) a different mapping then factory(for example), which would make it perform much better, or to your liking.

chaz#32
02-02-2006, 09:59 PM
thanx that is good to know now that i plan on racing motocross on one. hey do you know where i could get a new "moto map"

armoks
02-03-2006, 10:26 AM
stock moto map can be downloaded at cannondale riders or cannondaler. it will come with the D&M kit also. that kit comes with all the stock maps.

beak7707
03-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Yep, you will have to have a D&M kit or find somebody that does, so you can remap your computer to the moto map.

Sandgod4
03-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Chaz if you live in northern Utah you can go to www.blackwidowatv.com He is located in Murray on about 5900s and 300w next to Trax... He can put any map in your quad you want.. He sells anything you want also for your Dale. I will be racing at Rocky Mtn Raceway on my Dale in mid April.. They are building a brand new 1 mile track and the first race will be in mid April on Weds nights for atv's.. They have a kid and Utility class also.. Jordan River Raceway is also building an atv track and will be open mid May.. They plan to hold races but maybe not till next year.. They are going to try and get a Worcs Race next year..